Some basic questions.

Hey. So, I started writing my novel around two weeks back. I have learnt a lot in these two weeks and wanted to test myself. The difference between my first chapter and latest chapter is just too great. I can't expect people to read my novel until the writing gets better. I will revise my story once I feel confident enough with my writing.

So, I decided to write a short story/novella which is almost done and will come out this weekend. I will post the whole story at once, and you can read it in one go. Its name is God's Game. I would love for you all to give it a go once and review the story in detail. 

Anyways, I had some questions regarding my story.
1) Are short stories well appreciated here?
2) Can you tell the difference in word count between a short story and a novella.
3) No one get's offended if I have God in my story right? (No religion is ever mentioned.)

Thanks for your help everyone.

Re: Some basic questions.

1. Not really. This platform isn't a particularly good place for them.
2. Yes, because there is a word count difference between a short story and a novella. The ideal short story can roughly be anywhere from 500-10,000 words long.  A novella is 20,000-40,000 words long. However, it's a bit more than work count.
3. Likely not butt then count on at least someone to be offended no matter what.

Short stories aren't unappreciated, but they're much harder to discover for readers because the primary way people find stories is by recently posted or the various lists, or searching for ones with a lot of content out. They'll never get as popular as a massive ongoing serial would, but they won't be completely overlooked assuming you promote them and the right people come across them. 

I'd highly recommend against posting it all at once. If you spread it out across a few days posting every 12 hours or so you'll get much more exposure on recently posted compared to putting it all in one go.

L.J.Anders Wrote: 1. Not really. This platform isn't a particularly good place for them.
2. Yes, because there is a word count difference between a short story and a novella. The ideal short story can roughly be anywhere from 500-10,000 words long.  A novella is 20,000-40,000 words long. However, it's a bit more than work count.
3. Likely not butt then count on at least someone to be offended no matter what.

Thanks. I will keep these things in mind. It is most probably going to be a short story I guess with that word count difference. 
Read the story. I will send it out for submission today.
DrBuller Wrote:
Aniket-111 Wrote: No one get's offended if I have God in my story right? (No religion is ever mentioned.)

God's are a common theme. No problems attached

Okay, Thanks for the info. 
Check out my story once. I will put it for submission today.
Asviloka Wrote: Short stories aren't unappreciated, but they're much harder to discover for readers because the primary way people find stories is by recently posted or the various lists, or searching for ones with a lot of content out. They'll never get as popular as a massive ongoing serial would, but they won't be completely overlooked assuming you promote them and the right people come across them. 

I'd highly recommend against posting it all at once. If you spread it out across a few days posting every 12 hours or so you'll get much more exposure on recently posted compared to putting it all in one go.

Okay, I won't post them all at once. I will post a chapter every day. The cover for the story is done by you, so thanks. 
Come and read the story once it's out. I will send it for submission today.