Re: Losing followers

I was following Battlefield Reclaimer here too.  My only complaint was that he never warned us that he wasn't finishing book 1 here before taking it down, and he didn't even add a chapter marking the start of book 2, he just jumped a quarter of the first book and went directly into minor spoilers at the start of the second book w/o any indication.  I'm a KU reader so I was able to pick up and finish the story there but never posting the end of the first book on the site and then jumping w/o indication and then posting his disdain about the site or at least his treatment by the site in comments left a foul taste in my mouth.  I don't follow him here anymore though I am watching for book 2 in Kindle Unlimited so on the whole, he isn't losing anything from me but one fewer posted follower on this site.

Morris Wrote: I was following Battlefield Reclaimer here too.  My only complaint was that he never warned us that he wasn't finishing book 1 here before taking it down, and he didn't even add a chapter marking the start of book 2, he just jumped a quarter of the first book and went directly into minor spoilers at the start of the second book w/o any indication.  I'm a KU reader so I was able to pick up and finish the story there but never posting the end of the first book on the site and then jumping w/o indication and then posting his disdain about the site or at least his treatment by the site in comments left a foul taste in my mouth.  I don't follow him here anymore though I am watching for book 2 in Kindle Unlimited so on the whole, he isn't losing anything from me but one fewer posted follower on this site.

Yeah, communication seemed to be the major issue there and his tone didn't help from what I could tell. I haven't decided what I'll do when the story is finished, but I'll endeavor to be better about handling communication with readers when I do decide.

Seersucker Wrote:
Morris Wrote: I was following Battlefield Reclaimer here too.  My only complaint was that he never warned us that he wasn't finishing book 1 here before taking it down, and he didn't even add a chapter marking the start of book 2, he just jumped a quarter of the first book and went directly into minor spoilers at the start of the second book w/o any indication.  I'm a KU reader so I was able to pick up and finish the story there but never posting the end of the first book on the site and then jumping w/o indication and then posting his disdain about the site or at least his treatment by the site in comments left a foul taste in my mouth.  I don't follow him here anymore though I am watching for book 2 in Kindle Unlimited so on the whole, he isn't losing anything from me but one fewer posted follower on this site.

Yeah, communication seemed to be the major issue there and his tone didn't help from what I could tell. I haven't decided what I'll do when the story is finished, but I'll endeavor to be better about handling communication with readers when I do decide.
It's weird because I pmed him to ask about self publishing and stuff a few weeks ago and he was really nice and helpful, and at the time everything looked normal on his story, so I was kinda shocked to see a 180