First 0.5 Star Rating

Since celebrating our first 0.5 ratings is apparently a thing, I thought I'll join in on the fun.
After my recent success (making it to Rising Stars) I got LOTS of new readers and attention in general, so I guess this is only natural.
I'm very happy that it happened to me later in my journey. I imagine the sting to be much harsher if you don't have a couple of positive reviews and comments that have your back. So, I guess that's really the thing I'm celebrating here. DrakanWine

Re: First 0.5 Star Rating

I got mine in tandem with a spat with a writer who didn't like my review. Now I for a fact that they didn't do it - at least from a main account - i have no doubt it came from a place defending one's honour. It's so weird when it doesn't matter how many times you say the writing is good... Anyway. I recently had the experience of having most of my positive reviews down voted. This coincides with being called a troll by a recent forum drama - the disclaimer should have read: Honest opinions not wanted. 

In both case, ZERO impact on anything. 

It's sort of funny how much energy these people waste on such petty things that ultimately don't matter. :)

So glad you've kept a positive attitude about your experience.

A Wrote: This coincides with being called a troll by a recent forum drama
Yeah, that's exactly the reason I never engaged in any real drama so far. Though I was tempted, lol.

A Wrote: So glad you've kept a positive attitude about your experience.
Only because both times my avg. rating only changed by 0.01. I know I shouldn't care too much about that stuff, but yeah...

That being said, and without wanting to create a new thread, I broke through into the top1000 !  DrakanSmug

Richard Wrote: Haha, just got hit with mine ;-;

Only 13 followers and 4 reviews/ratings, 4 chapters in

Really sucks, my rating was a natural 4.83 and then I was struck down to 3.75 

._.
Oof yeah, a 0.5 really early on hurts bad. I was more fortunate in that i got mine when i already have like 12 ratings.

Congrats @Tinim on Rising Stars and getting your first troll ratings, haha!

And @Richard Wong, don't worry and keep up the good work! I had something similar happen to me on my third rating. I got a 0.5 after a 4.5 and 5, and I was surprised because I felt my story was too new to draw any trolls, yet. xD At the very least, it didn't happen with my first book, so I guess the drive-by 0.5's are more common now? As you saw, it'll balance out eventually, and I think any new people stumbling on your story will see that it doesn't have many ratings and won't take a lower score to heart. So yep, just focus on the positives that other people reading are happy! 😊

A Wrote: I got mine in tandem with a spat with a writer who didn't like my review. Now I for a fact that they didn't do it - at least from a main account - i have no doubt it came from a place defending one's honour. It's so weird when it doesn't matter how many times you say the writing is good... Anyway. I recently had the experience of having most of my positive reviews down voted. This coincides with being called a troll by a recent forum drama - the disclaimer should have read: Honest opinions not wanted. 

In both case, ZERO impact on anything. 

It's sort of funny how much energy these people waste on such petty things that ultimately don't matter. :)

So glad you've kept a positive attitude about your experience.

Since there's timestamps, you can report that rating and it will certainly be removed if it was the other author. That's not acceptable and I really hope you report it to make that other author aware that they did a very rude thing.