This thread is locked

Re: September Thread - Promote your Story

Dishonor

Looking for something that's dark and gritty with a female protagonist? Check out Dishonor for you post-apocalyptic dystopian sci-fi fix. Highly character driven story that starts out in a prison, becomes an adventure story, and dabbles in romance. Full story is currently at 145,000 words (and is still in progress). This story gets weekly updates and is in the last arc of the story.

Synopsis:
 I am Dishonored. I am the lowest caste in a city of honor. I live in a prison with only the promise of death. I am a mouth to feed in an overpopulated city that no one can leave.

The City was built by the wealthy to withstand a nuclear blast, and it did; leaving its citizens trapped within its twisted sanctuary. A classist honor system developed that ensured the wealthy maintained their place within the walls, and the less fortunate were held prisoner. Liv was born as one of the most honored citizens of the city; one of the noble class. After her father was executed for treason, she was striped of her honor, and without honor, she was nothing. Facing life in prison with the criminal scum of an overpopulated city that could care less if the lowest caste died, Liv is determined to regain her honor and former status. With nothing left to lose, she is willing to do anything to avenge her father and regain her honor.

Ghoster

Looking for something a bit shorter? Ghoster is a collection of short stories set in a sci-fi world where everyone lives with augmented reality built into their bodies. Each chapter is a standalone story written in third person past tense. (Currently 2 stories in Ghoster with more planned but not written yet)

Synopsis:
The virtual world is everything. With sensors, computer chip implants, contact lenses and an internet connection you can also live in the virtual world! Don't worry about how you don't look like a model. The virtual world can fix that. It can make it so that everyone sees you how you see yourself! With job leveling and virtual pets, everything is better in the virtual world! Come to an Insinc office today to get equipped to enter the virtual world.

Life Without Memory

With shorter chapters split into small volumes, "Life Without Memory" is more of a traditional web novel. The writing style itself is the experimental part of this work. With a first person present tense/second person style this story focuses in on the thoughts of the main character. In this story machine, mind, and something magical combine to make the MC an interesting read. This story is currently being posted on Royal Road, but I have a backlog of chapters with ~70,000 words already written for this story. (Sci-fan story)

Synopsis:
I don't remember who I am. I forgot. I don't feel pain. I don't have feelings. This is what I must do to live. It is my way. That is, until I killed a guard with my mind to save my cellmate, Nathan.

Silver, Sand, and Silken Wings

Synopsis:

In the opinion of the common storyteller, Sylph did not exist.

The young dragoness sets out to uncover what her mothers want to keep hidden at all costs; her biological parents. After discovering the ability to walk one of the six paths and eavesdropping on her mentor, Sylph learns that her entire family conspired to keep the truth about her past hidden. She has heard enough of her mothers’ consolations and lies. Sylph was not the scared hatchling they picked up fifteen years ago. Accompanied by her friend Brandon,a young human alchemist, she journeys out to find the answers and they realize they are in over their heads as the trail leads them into the hands of a slave-trading city. Narrowly escaping a new collar, they make their escape towards a safe haven ruled by the eloquent and ruthless Nahana; A dragoness resembling Sylph down to the very ridges on her scales.

Rejoicing at the discovery at first, Sylph realizes what had concerned her mothers and that going back might not be an option any longer.

Only 21k words so far, but steadily updating every two weeks.

Wing Wrote: For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.

My novel is a slow-paced fantasy, with a fairly young MC (2~10 years.)
If you're a fan of nobility, noble maneurism, Cult, and childhood adventure, my novel is made for you. 
It's written in first POV.
Give it a try, there are currently 38 chapters here on royal road. I'm uploading 4 time a week.
https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.ftnr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net%2Fv...e%3D61543B02

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/44599/exiled-aristocrat

Typical Demons Vs Everyone Else.
Except, nobody's actually gotten close enough to a demon to know for sure what they are, exactly.
There are no heroes, just slightly better commanders. There are no stats, just collective strength as effective NPCs.
There are no gods, for they've been cast away long ago. There are no living legends, whether metal or armor or man, just lost heritages from previous scuttlings.
Magic is scarce, manpower is tight, and everyone has choices to make.
The MC's not even an actual fighter, he's an Archiver! He's only out here because he knows more about things than everyone else!

Not LitRPG, not GameLit (though I will personally be using some mechanics and stats for event simulation, you'll never see these values or anything like them), not grimdark because there's still reasonable hope, not edge because that's the easiest way to get knocked down to 'that guy in the kitchen,' the MC is neither OP nor all-important, just a cog in a very big machine. Any romance in there will be very slow burn, for the obvious reason of "he's not a hero and there's a bloody war going on."

I also won't be investing huge amounts of time into this, so update regularity will be... lacking. Leave a comment if you want to, I'm just writing it for my own satisfaction.

Only 2 chaps so far, so not much, but upcoming:
Death is death. Reincarnation? Resurrection? Not so fast.
War is war. For the sake of great plans, even someone halfway up the chain will be in high risk all the time.
Time crawls forward, and new moves are made; sorting them out quickly is of utmost importance.
Kern is just a glorified scout. With practically none of the combat capability. Just in time for the tides of war to wash over the Sarke Kingdom's north-eastern borders.

Link: Swing, Metronome, With the Winds of War

The Last Philosopher is a high-fantasy story with heavy-handed attempts at humour.
It revolves around the world of Huom and some of its quirkier inhabitants.
It’s the first book under the subtitle, Nothing is Everything.

Summary: Before everything, it’s assumed there was nothing, but what if there was no real difference between the two? Just two extreme philosophies from the original conflict.
The planet Huom has been under observation for longer than should technically be possible. The primary watcher, a bitter black-hole, is excited to see that there is finally a proverbial Darkness at the end of the tunnel.
Meanwhile on the planet, in the freezing mountains of Empris, Lyeasrakardsul, the oldest living sorcerer suffers from devastating nightmares. At the same time — far away in the sandstone desert of Zenon — Herschel, a man filled to the brim with strange ideas is escaping a prison filled with strange old men.
What does all this have to do with arsehole Gods, hairy Dwarfs, frustrated Afreets, curious Knomes, lizard-women, and nude Áettar? Perhaps Nothing, perhaps Everything… but why can’t it be both?

Also, thanks and sorry to anyone who takes on the reading :P

Are you interested in a more emotional novel that focuses on healing from traumatic events for multiple characters?
Do you want a story that covers darker themes than most other stories go into?
Do you want to see how things play out from the bullies perspective?
Do you want a novel that tries to blend both happy and dark moments together? (More leaned towards dark at the start, but the balance is/will be there!)
Do you want a MC with a strong voice in first person?
Then give Even in Chains a shot!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/45000/even-in-chains

Hello everyone, as a new member of Royal Road I already decided to post my few short stories on here. The reason why I wanted to post was only to gain feedback on my writing, what I'm doing wrong, what I can improve and what should I continue to do. 
What you can expect from me:
  • short stories ( i really love making these )
  • poems
  • cooking recipes
What I wrote so far and published took me awhile to make, but I'm finally okay with the versions I wrote! So please, be direct and honest with me with criticism I would greatly appreciate it <3

Teary Nature
Nothing to lose but a Name
The Death of the Star

Casting Shadow on the Tattoo Trail
 In Search of the Lost Genodes

Raw, Real, and full of Fun. Shadow casting was a regular everyday occurrence in Cekkoland. Until he, the super-agent, was forced out and into the humanoid spheres, now, look at what they have gone and done…

Long, long ago in the land of the mighty Cekko peoples. There was an order established in the realms of the great kings which could not be altered. Although the kings never died, they had to transition to another much higher realm. This after having served their people for a period in the lower realm, and after having attained to the level of mastery necessary to function and serve in the most exalted realm. This is where every one of them longed to be, they all aspire to be there without exception. This is where the current king, King Liam, is going next. But not before the next in line: his son – Bauctnumboulei, ascends to the Cekko throne. While Bauctnumboulei was very young, though, Cespedoran and friends grabbed the Genodes pellets and ran. Or so the story goes. Until the pellets are found and returned to the kingdom, the king’s son is (for all intents and purposes,) dead. Therefore, he cannot and will not reign in Cekkoland. An agent was chosen and sent out to find and return those kingdom pieces of jewelry home, but… 

Casting Shadow on the Tattoo Trail is a work of fiction. Born out of some fool’s wild imagination. Told in wry humor, metaphoric terms, and a feeble attempt at poetry. Yes, word-play is the order-of-the-day around here too. With snippets of Jamaican Patois inserted here and there throughout, as may be found fitting. Yeah man, a Jamaica yaad mi cum from, sorry, I meant to say, I’m Jamaican born and bred -okay

Find it here,  https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/45884/casting-shadow-on-the-tattoo-trail 

Ti Lepus Dies,
Ti Lepus, is a planet in turmoil, who can save it? Deadly forces scheme to break with the Empire and its Sovereign, spreading lies and committing act of vandalism. Some stand against the terrorists while others seek to master them and bend them to their evil design.
Rentap Dressiler and Trem De Markus are friends who resist these forces; one will be destroyed along with his family in the fight against murderous forces who would lead the planet to its destruction. The other may save it …
Leja Leves; the councillor who cunningly hides his leadership in the campaign against the Empire orchestrated by Nikie and Kirkrup Di Frim who are his unwitting dupes. He would die before admitting defeat …
And...
Cami sis Nep; an innocent fourteen year old girl who is caught in a fight between powerful competing forces but who may bring great change to her planet, even as she risks loosening it as well as her life…,
But … The wild card …
The Dark Lord, Supreme Ruler of the Empire, an entity with strange powers and skills who is working behind the scenes to effect change before it is too late …. Will he succeed!

Word count for this book is about ten thousand so far and I post new chapters every second or third day. The main character is the young girl, Cami and she drives the plot in this book. The Dark Lord is a recurring character and becomes more important in later books.

I have written four books so far and have at least three on the boil!

Children of Atlantis

I'm currently writing an ongoing series of short stories and novellas set over several centuries about an immortal woman struggling with her past as an abused child in her mortal life, dealing with the new twist and turns the modern world brings, all while fighting a sometimes hot, sometimes cold war with chaos.  Currently it is over a thousand pages.  It ranges from dark and brooding to more light hearted event.  I try to update it often.  

Children of Atlantis

Come witness a tale within a galaxy at war. Anastasia Velos Parazonum, the infamous Assassin Queen and the dangerous Shadow Clan, join together to raise hell on the planet Corona Eternus. From seduction, maneuvering, and finally to sheer carnage, Anastasia and the Shadows will do it all... anything to defeat the tyrannical Zudrian Empire.

Find out how this path of destruction progresses and concludes. The story is in my signature.

Updates are every two weeks!

Enjoy :)

Hey guys I'm writing and novel and this is the synopsis 

Bryant Gates, former Military General, is now lying on his deathbed wishing that he'd lived a more fulfilling life. He is greeted by a being of light that offers him a second chance at life. He gets reincarnated into a new world filled with magic and monsters, and Bryant now has a second chance to relive his life, and he will stop at nothing to make his mark on the world. But in the shadows, a greater evil awaits, looking for the right time to strike.

Assassin Queen and a World on Fire is a dark, science fantasy tale about rebellion against slavery and oppression within a galaxy. Our protagonist, Anastasia Velos Parazonum, the infamous titular Assassin Queen, is a super-powered rebel on a mission to seize planet Corona Eternus alongside her supportive Shadow Clan and add fire to a growing revolution. Granted, this mission is far more difficult than can be imagined: militarized police, armies, cameras, fleets, and propaganda are all at the disposal of the maddened Zudrian Empire.

Infamy, superpowers, and wits may be all the Shadow Clan and Assassin Queen have... but their motto is "We can work with this." And it is said amongst the Shadow Clan that one day Zudra would die, and with her, an intergalactic, tyrannical hegemony.

Therefore, nothing will hinder them from taking Corona Eternus... and they'll leave a mass grave if it means starting their coming empire. With the Zudrians gathering their resources, Corona Eternus is caught in the crossfire of a war between two ideas: freedom vs. slavery, love vs. hate, diversity vs. homogeny, acceptance vs. exclusion, justice vs. injustice, equity vs. inequality, democracy vs. autocracy.... 

The Shadow Clan vs. Zudra.

One will fall...

And only one will remain...

Only the gods know if there will  be a Corona Eternus left...

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42995/assassin-queen-and-a-world-on-fire

A Demon's Requiem

Genres: Action, Martial Arts, Fantasy, Strong Protagonist, Magic, Harem, Mature

Over 3000 years ago, a spontaneous mutation caused certain individuals to develop a new ability: the power to sense, store and manipulate arcane energy. This power was called Magic, and it changed the course of human history forever. The miraculous became mundane, and everyday life became full of wondrous feats. As years passed by, natural selection did its work, and today, almost every human possesses Magic. Industry, technology, military might, even society itself: everything is built upon it. In a world of Mages, life is highly stratified: one's place is decided at birth, by the powers one is born with. Those with outstanding Magic are destined to stand at the top as elites, while the weak must resign themselves to living at the bottom, off scraps.

In this world, a boy was born, with no Magic at all. He was the lowest of the low, a Flawed. Fate had decreed that he live a tortured existence beneath the heel of Mages, until one day, he died in obscurity. However, a single incident changed his life, and he made the choice that would forever determine who he would be: to fight back, even if the entire world was against him. From that day forth, he trained relentlessly.

Now, with an iron body and invincible Martial Arts obtained through peerless effort and determination, he will challenge the elites of the Mage world, with a single goal in mind: To bring low the mighty, and crush their pride underfoot. However, everything changes when he finds that he's not alone...

https%3A%2F%2Fademonsrequiem.files.wordpress.c....png%3Fw%3D554

Story Overall Biography

Seventeen-year-old Lea is rebuilding her life after a treacherous childhood. Blossoming from a sickly child to a beloved athlete, she still struggles with her mental health. With weekly group therapy and friend's support, she begins to heal healthily. This all comes to a halt when she finds a mysterious card in her bedroom. Unknowingly this card makes the beginning of the end of her life as a human – and her rebirth as something much more dangerous.
Horror/Supernatural/Adventure
Author Recommendation

If you like a slow burn with mystery, slice of life, and gore this is for you! Currently, I am focusing on getting a job after graduating high school and saving for tuition. Once this is done I will be able to update bi-weekly as I did beforehand. Thank you for 1.9k reads!!!

Despondent Divinity is a Xianxia action which features battles both small and large in scale with a focus on character interactions and world building. Follow our protagonist, the forgotten prince, Jack Calmira as he fights to secure his position in the world and for those he loves while demons gather on the border of his home. Leading them is an enemy thought to be long defeated who hopes to free his homeland and to turn the global status quo on its head.
This thread is locked