Anyone up for a writing group? (For chatting)

Hello, there!

No, this isn't a ploy to get views or review swaps or anything like that.

I genuinely want to build connections with other people who decide to dabble in the writing craft. I don't know many people who enjoy writing (or try to) and I love listening to other people's ideas, which serves as a way to motivate me; knowing that there are so many talented people out there for me to compete against.

For now, I don't know exactly where (Maybe, Reddit or Discord?). There we can just chill and share ideas, talk about characters, what's stressing us about our writing lately, motivate each other, discuss outlines and writing techniques, or just procrastinate with memes. 

I apologize in advance if this goes against any potential guidelines. Just trying to build connections here.

Note: Preferably a small group (5 to 15 members max or something like that).

Re: Anyone up for a writing group? (For chatting)

DrBuller Wrote:
MrNobodyisHome Wrote: Sorry, the forums are great! But I was looking for something a little more intimate, and quicker like a small chatroom.
So... you want a place where a small gathering of people could chat in real-time without any other obligations?

Exactly.

Wing Wrote: Duck... don't ignore the penguin, the penguin has a reaper's robe.  peoreaper

Anyway, there is a subforum for each one of the things you were asking about From the general subforum to the Writing subforum. If you have subforums suggestions, we can consider them as well.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

Wing Wrote: Use the forum for that. You are already here, the people you are trying to recruit are already here. AND the forum offers exactly what you are asking for.
I agree. Although I may ask, if there is a wy to know which forum thread is which when looking at one's list of Private Messages? Right now, all that shows is the sender and a time stamp. This forces a user to have to go through all their New Reply Notifications in order to find what thread each notification refers to. 

It would be nice to be able to know which thread is which when looking at a wall of twenty-odd or more New Reply Notifications, in order to go through them in some sort of order. 

😸

ArDeeBurger Wrote:
Wing Wrote: Use the forum for that. You are already here, the people you are trying to recruit are already here. AND the forum offers exactly what you are asking for.
I agree. Although I may ask, if there is a wy to know which forum thread is which when looking at one's list of Private Messages? Right now, all that shows is the sender and a time stamp. This forces a user to have to go through all their New Reply Notifications in order to find what thread each notification refers to. 

It would be nice to be able to know which thread is which when looking at a wall of twenty-odd or more New Reply Notifications, in order to go through them in some sort of order. 

😸
You might want to put that up for suggestions. I personally have notifications off but that does sound annoying 

DrBuller Wrote: You might want to put that up for suggestions. I personally have notifications off but that does sound annoying
It is also an extreme waste of time. I turn on Notifications for every thread I post to, and even turn it on for some threads that I just enjoy reading. There are times when after a few hours, I will come to check my Notifications and there are forty New Replies.

I must then open each New Reply individually and then also Page Down, to see buried in the Notiication what thread the New Reply is in. Then I must click on a link if I actually want to read the post, because the Notification -- although huge! -- offers very little in the way of useful infortmation.

Needless to say, this task is both very tedious, and can take over an hour. 

One way to get user intraction to skyrocket in the Forums is to make it easier and more efficient for users to know when threads they enjoy reading and posting to become active. Offering more information on the New Reply Notifications page, and giving users a way to both sort and go through their Notifcations faster would go a long way towards that. 

In my humble opinion, of course. 😸