I would kill for the ability to freeze time, literally.

So, I'm studying for an exam I have in 2 days, while having another exam the same day, while writing 2 more the same week (Those two are goners, hell I'm gonna write 4 exams in a week).

So, I may have lazed around after resting up which took the wind out of my sails and now it's night and my plans bordering on death,

SO! Considering I need another 5 hours to finish reading one subject, let alone revision, let alone the other subject which I haven't even started reading for (because I'm fkn retarded #self_deprecation_ftw!).

But no worries, no worries, I just want a good grade on top of all of this, hahaha, I'm such a jokester...

So, if any of you in this forum are secretly a genie in discuise, we can discuss price.

I mean, besides that, the ability to stop time would really help with indulging on my vices (which is the best way of dealing with bad habbits, ain't I right?).

... I need help.

Re: I would kill for the ability to freeze time, literally.

Kiebahow Wrote: but if you were to freeze time, then wouldn't all of the light stop moving? Leaving you in utter darkness and silence? Or are we going with because magic?"
Good call, I should make you my lawyer in case a sneaky genie comes through.

Let's see, light, oxygen and moving objects around could be a problem in a normal frozen time.

Let's say for now that the frozen time can be controlled and unfreeze things interacting with the subject in question (me) at will (consciously and unconsciously so I won't have to think about unfreezing oxygen to breath).

Astrille Wrote: Just stay away from physicists who may inform you that time is simply an illusion. It's a cheaper option than paying to freeze it, but it comes with its own drawbacks.

And if you are short on time, you definitely shouldn't procrastinate by listening to the podcast below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000lvbx
Will actually listen to it later~

parkertallan Wrote: Stopping time is easy. All you have to do is get yourself to a black hole's event horizon. Then again, considering the nearest black hole is thousands of light years away and we barely still have the technology to get people to the moon, I'd suggest drinking heavily caffeinated beverages and not planning to sleep for a while. Good luck.
Good plan, only I can't feel the effects of caffeine even if I tried. Also, I would be spaghettified way before time froze for me.

EnhancedBeing Wrote: You just need Bernard's Watch.

Where can I steal it from?

Inslayer Wrote: Let's say for now that the frozen time can be controlled and unfreeze things interacting with the subject in question (me) at will (consciously and unconsciously so I won't have to think about unfreezing oxygen to breath).

This could still potentially cause issues because although the gaseous molecules directly around you are 'allowed' to move... surely there will still only be a finite amount of oxygen in close proximity to you? If gases are not interacting with you, random diffusion wont be able to happen. Would you still have to move around to be able to breath? How far is your 'control bubble' extending into the air?

Inslayer Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote: but if you were to freeze time, then wouldn't all of the light stop moving? Leaving you in utter darkness and silence? Or are we going with because magic?"

Let's see, light, oxygen and moving objects around could be a problem in a normal frozen time.

Let's say for now that the frozen time can be controlled and unfreeze things interacting with the subject in question (me) at will (consciously and unconsciously so I won't have to think about unfreezing oxygen to breath).
So basically you want.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Forig...31%2F108.jpg

Astrille Wrote:
Inslayer Wrote: Let's say for now that the frozen time can be controlled and unfreeze things interacting with the subject in question (me) at will (consciously and unconsciously so I won't have to think about unfreezing oxygen to breath).

This could still potentially cause issues because although the gaseous molecules directly around you are 'allowed' to move... surely there will still only be a finite amount of oxygen in close proximity to you? If gases are not interacting with you, random diffusion wont be able to happen. Would you still have to move around to be able to breath? How far is your 'control bubble' extending into the air?
Would have to move to new areas with more oxygen constantly, which would suck, but it's the perfect plan to force me into starting to work out.

Kiebahow Wrote:
Inslayer Wrote:

So basically you want.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Forig...31%2F108.jpg
Za Warudo me, please.

tfisb Wrote: I feel that the consequences of killing someone would be worse than the consequences of not getting a good grade on an exam.  Although, I guess if you just stopped time forever, you wouldn't have to worry about either.
Your feelings are inconsequential to the power of being able to indulge on my laziness and procrastination. 

Besides, the whole deal is negotiable, so I might not have to do that, who knows.

Inslayer Wrote:
tfisb Wrote: I feel that the consequences of killing someone would be worse than the consequences of not getting a good grade on an exam.  Although, I guess if you just stopped time forever, you wouldn't have to worry about either.
Your feelings are inconsequential to the power of being able to indulge on my laziness and procrastination. 

Besides, the whole deal is negotiable, so I might not have to do that, who knows.
Welcome to world, no heroes or villains. Just a bunch of socio and psychopaths. Plus a school did sent letters to 13 year old+ kids saying that they would contact the police and arrest them for missing 90 minutes of zoom school. So...

To be honest, all the work arounds you guys are trying to make so that you can freeze time is just a bunch of wasted effort. You should try to go in a different direction. 
Create a pocket space where you can control the flow of time relative to the flow of time outside the pocket space. 
Then you just dial up the ratio to a ridiculous degree, something like 999,999,999,999 seconds for every normal second outside the pocket space.
Then you have infinite time without creating any of the issues of true time freezing.

Amine Wrote: To be honest, all the work arounds you guys are trying to make so that you can freeze time is just a bunch of wasted effort. You should try to go in a different direction. 
Create a pocket space where you can control the flow of time relative to the flow of time outside the pocket space. 
Then you just dial up the ratio to a ridiculous degree, something like 999,999,999,999 seconds for every normal second outside the pocket space.
Then you have infinite time without creating any of the issues of true time freezing.
Yeah, but it's more fun to fuck with people if you can stop time.