Going on a so called "hiatus", what better time to start promoting my work?

The hiatus is very metaphorical as it's only going to be a week long.

Basically, I daydreamed a really cool story bro while sick and bedridden last month and decided to start writing it down. 
A week ago I finally got a cover portraying my MC at a certain point in the story(eeeek spoilers in the cover) and decided to start publishing what I wrote so far on daily basis.
...But ended up rewriting almost every chapter from the scratch! And now, 7 days since I published chapter 1, the work is already at 12 chapters and the first story arc is over.

As I plan spending the following writing up a draft and storyboarding for what happens next, I decided to leave this thread and see if it attracts any attention~

The work in question is the one in my signature!

....like the cover gently implies, it's basically a xianxia with female protag with furry ears~
BUT! It's not a typical representative of the genre. In fact, you might find a lot of familiar tropes go in unfamiliar directions. 
The tone is yin-yang so to speak, I aim for that good mixture of light-hearted and tragic, and try to deviate between the two moods. I also make heavy use of switching 3rd person POV between various characters, and narration is sometimes(quite often) unreliable, so be prepared for that.

Re: Going on a so called "hiatus", what better time to start promoting my work?

I would recommend making a post that says "End of Arc 1" or something like that. You can announce the length of your break and state the date that the next update will be out. 

That's how I do it anyway! I write in book structure and at the end of a book, I always take a break. You can normalize taking a break at the end of your arcs! 

Taking breaks and producing high-quality content is important. (As I said, I take breaks too!) Though I only took one after it was clear that I would not make it onto the old Trending.... Taking a break this early on might hamper the growth of your story and the likelihood of getting onto that list later on. I would never say "don't take a break" as advice, but it depends on the goals for your story. 

Edit: For some reason I thought this was a help thread and replied to it like that. It's a marketing thread oops. This is what happens when I check the forums in the morning. XD Your marketing thread also works lol because I have your story on a list to read once my time frees up in a few weeks.

kieranpierce Wrote: I would recommend making a post that says "End of Arc 1" or something like that. You can announce the length of your break and state the date that the next update will be out. 

That's how I do it anyway! I write in book structure and at the end of a book, I always take a break. You can normalize taking a break at the end of your arcs! 

Taking breaks and producing high-quality content is important. (As I said, I take breaks too!) Though I only took one after it was clear that I would not make it onto the old Trending.... Taking a break this early on might hamper the growth of your story and the likelihood of getting onto that list later on. I would never say "don't take a break" as advice, but it depends on the goals for your story. 

Edit: For some reason I thought this was a help thread and replied to it like that. It's a marketing thread oops. This is what happens when I check the forums in the morning. XD Your marketing thread also works lol because I have your story on a list to read once my time frees up in a few weeks.

it's ok, I understand your advice, however, I am not very satisfied with the quality of the second story arc, and I basically scrapped like 10 chapters and re-writing them from the scratch. I literally won't be able to keep posting every day unless I post the old draft, where I wrote myself into a corner, into a situation that forces my characters to act out of character in order to push the plot forward.

And the reason why I made such a mistake, is probably mental and emotional fatigue.

Sake Wrote: The hiatus is very metaphorical as it's only going to be a week long.

Basically, I daydreamed a really cool story bro while sick and bedridden last month and decided to start writing it down. 
A week ago I finally got a cover portraying my MC at a certain point in the story(eeeek spoilers in the cover) and decided to start publishing what I wrote so far on daily basis.
...But ended up rewriting almost every chapter from the scratch! And now, 7 days since I published chapter 1, the work is already at 12 chapters and the first story arc is over.

As I plan spending the following writing up a draft and storyboarding for what happens next, I decided to leave this thread and see if it attracts any attention~

The work in question is the one in my signature!

....like the cover gently implies, it's basically a xianxia with female protag with furry ears~
BUT! It's not a typical representative of the genre. In fact, you might find a lot of familiar tropes go in unfamiliar directions. 
The tone is yin-yang so to speak, I aim for that good mixture of light-hearted and tragic, and try to deviate between the two moods. I also make heavy use of switching 3rd person POV between various characters, and narration is sometimes(quite often) unreliable, so be prepared for that.
Eh, don’t worry about it much. My covers itself, there are several meanings behind them. Though, each contains a bit of a spoiler, they are a bit encrypting. While it will make sense in their own book, and reflections in others as well. There is one extra bonus way at the end of the final book. Which I have put on hold on R.R and Inkitt, so that I can focus on reconstructing my second book. 

Anyway, what I can recommend is to come up with a rough timeline of when you may potentially be done. This way, your readers won’t be left in the dark. When you reach that date, and if you are not done with the rewrite. Tell them how far you are, and estimate a new ending time. Don’t want them to think you abandoned the story ya know.