Re: Novel where the mc is the mysteries Power in the shadows.

TenThousandSuns Wrote: He wants some sort of grey eminence or spider in the web type story but with out a bunch of overanalyzing.
Hmm…so something light. If overanalyzing meaning with numbers, then something around GameLit would work. Unfortunately, I am not sure if R.R is the best site for this request. I’ll have to think on it for a bit.

Lord of the Mysteries fits the description pretty well.  Just make sure you hold on until chapter 10 about.  The beginning is kinda slow, but then it really takes off.  And it doesn't start with the protagonist as the power in the shadows, he kinda slowly builds it up.  The side characters analyze the protagonist wondering what his origins are, but I never thought it was over the top.  If anything, I found their analysis really interesting.  

Not on RR, but Kings Dark Tidings series sounds like exactly what you want. The MC is a super sharp human weapon trained from birth to be a master assassin. He plays every role imaginable simultaneously, from hanging with the nobles to being a criminal under lord. It's well written and not over the top. He is master of many faces and manipulation, not to mention he's an incredible fighter.

I think we must have similar taste because I love hidden power/MC hides their strength/MC in the shadows stories and also ended up dropping To Be a Power in the Shadows for being so ridiculous.