What's your definition of success here on RR?

A deeply personal question if you chose to answer. We all write for our own reasons, just like we all have personal goals we're hoping to achieve by posting our work here.

So I ask, what is your intention behind posting your work here on RR?

Mine - I posted here because my spouse is an avid reader on this platform and knew that my work was doing well elsewhere. So I guess, in a nutshell, I'm growing my reader base. The metrics I use to gauge my performance are views (followed by a read through calculation), story follows, and favorites.

Comments, reviews, and other stuff is gravy - though I am actively trying to reach lists because it will affect the number of views I might get in a day/week. That said, reaching a list isn't an all-or-nothing goal; it's just a thing to do to distract me as my work gets older with every new post. 

What's your goal?

Re: What's your definition of success here on RR?

My goal, ultimately, is to get my readers to start discussing and arguing with things on their own. If nothing else, I want them to start identifying plot holes in my narrator's story. 

You're right though, getting onto a list is probably necessary to get much bandwidth here. 

Now, in the short term, my absolute favorite thing is to watch my views-by-chapter tick up. I especially love when I spot +1 view to a chapter and see it slowly move through my whole work. 

I write for myself. When I envision an idea in my head, I want to make it happen. People's ratings, comments, and reviews tell me how to improve my writing. Although I write for myself, I want it to be the best it can be. That's why I post on RR, to get better. Basically, writing my ideas down and getting feedback to improve them is my goal.

If people enjoy my stories I write for myself, they are welcome to ride along with me :) 

DrakanMelt

I hope people care about my writing and my characters and such. I wanna have an "audience".

Everyday, I wanna get at least one comment or something, so that I can talk to someone I've never spoken to before about my writing. I want to feel heard.

I wanna be able to get out the ideas in my head to folks that listen. I want to meet people who care as much about my work as I do.

I guess I wanna make friends and meet new people by doing all this. I want to meet like minded people I can get along with. I want my story to impact them.

Maybe I'm asking a lot, but it's something that's been on my mind forever.

The most successful authors end up pressured by their own success to continue releasing new chapters, to determent of their works. 
Thus, there is no such thing as true success. It's an illusion, a mara, that baits people into their doom. 

True success is letting go of worldly attachments, doing your thing, and not giving a shit. 

source: trust me, I talked to a Buddhist monk once. 

Sake Wrote: The most successful authors end up pressured by their own success to continue releasing new chapters, to determent of their works. 
Thus, there is no such thing as true success. It's an illusion, a mara, that baits people into their doom. 

True success is letting go of worldly attachments, doing your thing, and not giving a shit. 

source: trust me, I talked to a Buddhist monk once.
You forgot to also mention. If you see a light, walk the fck in the other direction, and keep going.  DrakanFascinating

Though anyway, you’re right on that. I’ve been pressured a few times myself, and I am extremely small in comparison to a lot out there. However, I never cave. I’ve had to put my foot down a few times, and remind them who is in charge. Reader or not, I won’t hesitate to drop ya. My works are a positive environment, and I’ve had to strictly moderate before. I suppose I have more of a fortunate break on R.R, most peeps are quiet, and don’t bother to private message me much. 

Which, I don’t mind. If someone has a problem, better to contact me privately, than in the open. Since if it is in the open, I will most likely have to remove it. Success stops when you want it to cease, until then, keep going.