What size should I make my icon?

I'm trying to switch to a new icon and I've tried a bunch of different sizes but I can't seem to get it to save in a way that it doesn't appear super messed up and artifacty when viewed on some pages.

I tried to find somewhere that told me the recommended resolution for icons on here but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know the correct size in pixel x pixel terms to have your icon look the way it should?

Thanks! 

Re: What size should I make my icon?

Vivian M.K. is probably right that a larger file size would solve the issue, but I am not sure what that size would be. Sadly if your image exists in a smaller size, you can't just make it bigger without making it fuzzy (what RR is doing already looks like.) I don't think ideal pixel sizes are stated anywhere sadly.

When uploading cover art and profile pic to RR, I recommend editing the photo with basic filters (make sure to save as a new file, don't write over your original image). Play with auto-enhance, clarity, and contrast settings. Make it a lot more crisp to the point where it almost looks ugly--too harsh, and then I see that it uploads much better on RR. You'll have to play around with it, but that's my recommended solution.

Re: What size should I make my icon?

kieranpierce Wrote: Vivian M.K. is probably right that a larger file size would solve the issue, but I am not sure what that size would be. Sadly if your image exists in a smaller size, you can't just make it bigger without making it fuzzy (what RR is doing already looks like.) I don't think ideal pixel sizes are stated anywhere sadly.

When uploading cover art and profile pic to RR, I recommend editing the photo with basic filters (make sure to save as a new file, don't write over your original image). Play with auto-enhance, clarity, and contrast settings. Make it a lot more crisp to the point where it almost looks ugly--too harsh, and then I see that it uploads much better on RR. You'll have to play around with it, but that's my recommended solution.
We just looked it up. The picture we use is 453x422 pixels so if people have one that size then hopefully it should work properly.