Re: You are forced to write something outside of your comfort zone: what do you write and why?

JMWebb Wrote: Everyone sees the dead body and ignores the killer as the audience says "a clue! A clue!" Again :p
ūüėā

This would make for an entertaining story. You have an animal trying to point to the killer amongst them, but everyone else is trying to figure it out, ignoring the animal. To where the animal just flips them off, and leaves them to die. 

Re: You are forced to write something outside of your comfort zone: what do you write and why?

Kiebahow Wrote:
MarikoRawralton Wrote: I'd probably do smut, cuz at least I'd have a good time doing it.

I would too, can't think of anything more uncomfortable for the person who's got a gun to my head. It's going to be... very... vey bizarre.

go further. aim higher.

Write a smut fic involving whoever is threatening you. 

Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
MarikoRawralton Wrote: I'd probably do smut, cuz at least I'd have a good time doing it.

I would too, can't think of anything more uncomfortable for the person who's got a gun to my head. It's going to be... very... vey bizarre.

go further. aim higher.

Go even further and aim even higher.

Find out all of their personal information and make it an autobiography.

Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

Do the impossible, see the invisible. 

Involve all kinds of embarrassing medical detail you found about them in the smut fick.
For example:
They have hermerroids? Spend entire chapter describing them. Then involve them in the act itself. 

Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

Involve all kinds of embarrassing medical detail you found about them in the smut fick.
For example:
They have hermerroids? Spend entire chapter describing them. Then involve them in the act itself.
Go even further, reject sanity. Their hemorroids become a character in their own right and rips themselves off their ass, only to become the love interest. 

JMWebb Wrote: Suppose someone put a gun to your head, and told you that you had to write a novel that was completely and utterly outside of your comfort zone. If you don't finish, you die.

If they won't kill me based on what I write, something terribly smutty and terribly written. Then they have to read it to make sure it's finished and have to go through some terribly terrible writing that makes them feel awkward that I am watching them read it.

For us it wouldn't be a genre, but it would be third person writing. Our style simply does not translate to third person at all and it'd be like writing with your non dominant hand for us.

We're sure that we could get decent at it, but why spread ourselves that thin? We want to focus on what we're good at and improve in that regard.

Haust Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

For example:
Go even further, reject sanity. Their hemorroids become a character in their own right and rips themselves off their ass, only to become the love interest.
Go even further, reject reality. Their hemorrhoids get pregnant with them and they have a swarm of hemorrhoid children. The children proliferate until they are the dominate species on Earth.

Vivian Wrote: For us it wouldn't be a genre, but it would be third person writing. Our style simply does not translate to third person at all and it'd be like writing with your non dominant hand for us.

We're sure that we could get decent at it, but why spread ourselves that thin? We want to focus on what we're good at and improve in that regard.

Haust Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

For example:
Go even further, reject reality. Their hemorrhoids get pregnant with them and they have a swarm of hemorrhoid children. The children proliferate until they are the dominate species on Earth.
Go further still, involve time machines. The gun dude is their own hemmoroid descendant. 

... I kind of wish I had never read this. This is out of my comfort zone, alright. 

Vivian Wrote:
JMWebb Wrote: What did I just read 

peodead
Something that fits the theme of this thread perfectly.

With that said though, writing weird stuff isn't actually outside of our comfort zone. It'd be quite a nice break from writing reality.
Eh, I love writing weird stuff too, but there's 'weird', and then there is... whatever the hell that was

Vivian Wrote:
JMWebb Wrote: What did I just read 

peodead
Something that fits the theme of this thread perfectly.

With that said though, writing weird stuff isn't actually outside of our comfort zone. It'd be quite a nice break from writing reality.
Yep, I don’t like writing romance or adventure with an op MC and I don’t like writing action scenes but now that I think about it, it might be a nice break from my usual story

Haust Wrote:
Vivian Wrote: For us it wouldn't be a genre, but it would be third person writing. Our style simply does not translate to third person at all and it'd be like writing with your non dominant hand for us.

Haust Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

For example:
Go further still, involve time machines. The gun dude is their own hemmoroid descendant. 

... I kind of wish I had never read this. This is out of my comfort zone, alright.
I now kinda want to write this, but I have too many projects that still need to be started.

Kiebahow Wrote:
Haust Wrote:

Haust Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

For example:

I now kinda want to write this, but I have too many projects that still need to be started.
Don't forget to somehow incorporate the huge quote pyramid we build here into the plot, going all postmodernist meta surrealist 

Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Haust Wrote:

Haust Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

For example:

Don't forget to somehow incorporate the huge quote pyramid we build here into the plot, going all postmodernist meta surrealist.

That's if I write it. I still got a superhero highschool one (1/6 of it is done), two different isekai, The Fisher King, That one with no chapters on it, another hero one, and the one I'm currently working on. But I can, however, make a reference to it in the one I'm working on.

Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Haust Wrote:

Haust Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:
Sake Wrote:
Kiebahow Wrote:

go further. aim higher.

For example:

Don't forget to somehow incorporate the huge quote pyramid we build here into the plot, going all postmodernist meta surrealist
And also lets not forget that this story somehow leads up to the reason why he's holding the gun to your head in the first place. Perhaps a fortune teller told him that he would find out about his unknown ancestry if he just... held a gun to your head and made you write something out of your comfort zone. ANd this was how he found the truth.