Re: You all ever feel old?

chanog Wrote:
L.J.Anders Wrote: Sometimes, but most the time I don't really think about my age. I just do what I want most days. I'm mostly that twenty year old, just less twenty and more near 40.

I am turning 29 in 6 months and i am already in tension about turning to 30 ;(

Life beyond 30 is fine, though it's infinitely more painful when kids are involved.
My students (teenagers) overheard me listening to Blink182 on my lunchbreak. "Miss, do you like these?" "Yeah, they were popular when I was your age" "Oh Miss, that's so cool that you're old enough to have grown up when Led Zeppelin was big." -skips away from my room-

It felt like a mortal wound at the time.

Astrille Wrote:
chanog Wrote:
L.J.Anders Wrote: Sometimes, but most the time I don't really think about my age. I just do what I want most days. I'm mostly that twenty year old, just less twenty and more near 40.

Life beyond 30 is fine, though it's infinitely more painful when kids are involved.
My students (teenagers) overheard me listening to Blink182 on my lunchbreak. "Miss, do you like these?" "Yeah, they were popular when I was your age" "Oh Miss, that's so cool that you're old enough to have grown up when Led Zeppelin was big." -skips away from my room-

It felt like a mortal wound at the time.

I always wondered how my teacher felt...

wordsinaline Wrote: Feeling young wasn't so hot as it was cracked up to be.

It's nice to have the perspective and financial security that comes with a few years under your belt. A lot of the drama is so much less important now that you've really experienced loss and accomplishment.
And trying to experience new things may sometimes be even more disappointing.

Also, five days till booking out.

chanog Wrote:

Being in your 30s is great. 20s sucked, 30 is where life gets cool. People in their 20s are still figuring themselves out and somewhere around 30 is when you work out who you are and get to start being that person on purpose.

Also people stop looking at you like they're building an imaginary future for you based on your 'potential'.