Re: Review Swap. Epic Low Fantasy.

Hello. I am a fan of this one novel here Selena's Reign: The Golden Gryphon by Elliot_Flanders. I really appreciate the story but it's not as popular as other stories here, and as a challenge to myself and to support the author, I hope to do a review swap.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36157/selenas-reign-the-golden-gryphon

I could do a review of three stories with 466 pages or less. Any genre is okay, but if it's historical fantasy progression story I normally review higher (coz I love the genre). I also comment along my readings, so I'll also leave some comments in the story.

I guess, since Selena's Reign doesn't have that much traffic in the comment section, it is not a story for everyone. So it is best NOT to review it if it is NOT to your taste.

It's tags include:Adventure, Drama, Fantasy,
Historical, Low Fantasy; Magic, Male Lead, Reincarnation, Secret Identity, Strategy, Strong Lead, War and Military.

P.S. Also as a help to anyone who wants to help me, the lowest score I'll give is 4.5. Tho I could be direct, maybe brutal, in my comments in each chapter...so there's that.

Thanks!!! Wish us all the luck!

van Wrote: Hello. I am a fan of this one novel here Selena's Reign: The Golden Gryphon. I really appreciate the story but it's not as popular as other stories here, and as a challenge to myself and to support the author, I hope to do a review swap.

I could do a review of three stories with 466 pages or less. Any genre is okay, but if it's historical fantasy progression story I normally review higher (coz I love the genre). I also comment along my readings, so I'll also leave some comments in the story.

I guess, since Selena's Reign doesn't have that much traffic in the comment section, it is not a story for everyone. So it is best NOT to review it if it is NOT to your taste.

Historical, Low Fantasy; Magic, Male Lead, Reincarnation, Secret Identity, Strategy, Strong Lead, War and Military.

P.S. Also as a help to anyone who wants to help me, the lowest score I'll give is 4.5. Tho I could be direct, maybe brutal, in my comments in each chapter...so there's that.

This is the first time I've seen this type of review swap. Usually, the author would be the one doing that, haha. 

But I guess... sure? ಠ_ರೃ

BridgerCampbellCannon Wrote: I’d be happy to do a review swap for this story. My story is not historical, but it is low fantasy and adventure. If you’re interested, let me know. Thanks!

Yes! I like the synopsis. I'm okay with lots of genre, and it's looking up great. It's about 200+ pages so I think I could finish by early next week. No pressure on your end, just happy to share stories XD.

[Review Swap: 1 out of 3]

Sen_Yorugami Wrote:
van Wrote: Hello. I am a fan of this one novel here Selena's Reign: The Golden Gryphon. I really appreciate the story but it's not as popular as other stories here, and as a challenge to myself and to support the author, I hope to do a review swap.

This is the first time I've seen this type of review swap. Usually, the author would be the one doing that, haha. 

Oh, I actually wanted to do a recommendation thread, but thought since I like reviewing works, maybe this is more productive..? I haven't actually mentioned to the author about this, coz I acted before thinking lol. Hopefully they find this as just a simple good will gesture.

Also, is it the Twilight Neverland? It's an interesting synopsis, not much details but the intrigue is nice! It's about 200+ pages, so I could probably finish at the end of next week. I am a fast reader but slow on review😅. Thanks a bunch!

[Review Swap: 2 out of 3]

van Wrote:
Sen_Yorugami Wrote:

Oh, I actually wanted to do a recommendation thread, but thought since I like reviewing works, maybe this is more productive..? I haven't actually mentioned to the author about this, coz I acted before thinking lol. Hopefully they find this as just a simple good will gesture.

Also, is it the Twilight Neverland? It's an interesting synopsis, not much details but the intrigue is nice! It's about 200+ pages, so I could probably finish at the end of next week. I am a fast reader but slow on review😅. Thanks a bunch!

[Review Swap: 2 out of 3]

Yeah, it's still a fair bit behind the fantasy element. I'm keeping it a bit of mystery till it turns full fantasy as the current chapters that are out take place in our normal real world. 😅😂

kieranpierce Wrote: My story is fantasy and progression--doesn't hit the historical bit (but I did take some vague inspiration from Greek / Roman gods!)

I checked out the story and it looks good! I can see why you would want to do swaps to help the author! This is so very kind of you! I would be interested in swapping if you want!

Your story sounds good. I've read some stories with gods, so I'm familiar with the genre (tho I tend to be very critical when it comes to godhood and mysticism...I'm a nerd at mythologies so yea..)

It's a 600+ pages which is higher than the reading length...is it okay if I took longer at my review? At most maybe I could finish at the end of next next week? If that's all right?

van Wrote: Hello. I am a fan of this one novel here Selena's Reign: The Golden Gryphon by Elliot_Flanders. I really appreciate the story but it's not as popular as other stories here, and as a challenge to myself and to support the author, I hope to do a review swap.

First of all, let me just say that this is a phenomenal thing you're doing. 

Secondly, you really don't have to read all the 466 pages for a review swap, 10k is fine as the minimum - though it can't go below that. (Just stating this if you're unclear of the rules)

Thirdly, I'd be happy to swap and my story is The Flight of The Draykes and it's a system-based sword and magic Western Fantasy with elements of gamelit (Dungeons) and eastern cultivation (The system).

Genre: Fantasy, Historical, Action, Adventure, and a sprinkle of Romance and Comedy.

If you like it, I'd love to swap and once again, kudos to you and the author.

Cheers!

You definitely don't have to read it all! The entire prologue book is optional (which equates to around 200 pages), so if it's not your speed definitely skip right to the start of Book 1.

As much as I like mythology, I think some of the actual gods and myths are hard to work with so I did do an original world and pantheon, that was just the inspiration source. I don't know if that makes you more or less critical, but yeah! 
Next week would be just fine! I have no worries with regards to time. :)

kieranpierce Wrote: You definitely don't have to read it all! The entire prologue book is optional (which equates to around 200 pages), so if it's not your speed definitely skip right to the start of Book 1.

As much as I like mythology, I think some of the actual gods and myths are hard to work with so I did do an original world and pantheon, that was just the inspiration source. I don't know if that makes you more or less critical, but yeah! 
Next week would be just fine! I have no worries with regards to time. :)

That's great! Yep, fantasy pantheons is more liberating, specially for those stickler with the source materials XD.

I have some back reviews to be done, so if its only Book 1 then I can prob finish about two weeks from now (I leave chapter comments on the fic as I read so its time consuming, but hopefully worth it 😄).

[Review Swap: 3 out of 3]

I am coming back here to say that I can see why you did this swap as a reader! I really enjoy Selena's Reign: The Golden Gryphon. It's on my (relatively small as of yet) Favorites list and I wrote a review already (even though I am not particularly far yet) though I will read it all and update my review accordingly. If the story keeps going this way, then I am definitely becoming a general reader of this! 

Also, between the content of the chapters and the quality of other reader comments, I find it really easy to engage in that comment section.
I knew this would be a great story obviously if van cared enough as a reader to do this, but yeah. Just wanted to say that I love it.