Re: Looking for a collaborator/proofreader/mentor

It has become clear to me that having Ideas is one thing and executing them is another entirely. 

I did a review swap and it's clear that I have a lot of work to do, I agreed with everything said in it, it was harsh but fair. I need an outside perspective so I know exactly what I'm putting out as a writer and what the problems with it are, I've gone back and rewritten the story or at least the beginning of it on 3 separate occasions, I'm flying a bit too blind here and need an extra pair of eyes to tell me what mistakes I'm making so I don't need to go back and do a rewrite of the beginning each time I realize that some egregious mistakes have been made.

It's my first novel but I can't seem to get it off the ground, I have a backlog of characters and worldbuilding but I need to flesh those things out otherwise I would just have one big book of exposition dumps and no actual writing.

Pm me if you are interested in being a proofreader/collaborator please pm me.

my issues seem to lie mostly In the readability department so proofreaders are what I need.

Life would be easier if we all had our own proofreader, but unfortunately there aren't nearly as many of them to go around as there are authors in dire need of their services. :(
Personally, I'd say your best bet is to simply continue doing your best to improve. Don't worry so much about rewriting endlessly, move forward. When people post corrections or suggestions, take them into consideration without blindly following them. Do the research, see if they're right.

Practice makes progress, and you can still improve without waiting around for an editor. It's a long hard path, but keep at it and you'll be surprised by how far you can go.
PeoReading

Having read the review and your first chapter, I agree with the reviewer that what you most need is simply a grammar checker. Just something to tell you where there shouldn't be a capital letter and where you've forgotten periods. With that and a double-check for formatting when you stuff everything into the RR word processor, you'd be 90% better. The plot and premise are good, and you set the tone pretty well. As far as I can tell, most of your issues lie with how your words are written, not the words you write (if that makes any sense at all lol).
Other than that, I agree with Asviloka. Keep writing, keep learning, and keep improving. Rewriting will get you nowhere.