Re: (Review) Trade Offer

I'm a PHD Candidate in Cultural Studies who reads a disgusting amount of non-fiction. I write like a failed Irish poet. Want me to give you my thoughts on your fiction?

I receive:
  • Your reviews

You receive:
  • My word vomit
  • Not a lot of particularly constructive feedback; instead I'll provide a lot of my textual analysis based on what's presented to me
  • Very likely pretentious overanalysis, though I don't really believe in pretension in an analytical setting

Some basics to mention
  • I will not post reviews with an overall score of lower than 4/5, because I don't think people should really have to be dinged for my slapdash mouth-frothing. If I think it's really troublesome / problematic / warrants less than that, I'll DM you and we'll figure out something.
  • Unless it's something notably egregious, I probably won't mention it, so small grammar, style, etc. stuff, I might not mention
  • English is not my second language (it's my fourth) and I have a WPM of 120, so the chances my review will be missing a few words is 100%, even after I've read it over and go, "yep, this looks good!"
  • If you can get through the ten chapters of my work, I would appreciate that greatly. A lot of it is dressing to give a feel for the world which is, frankly, alienating and uncomfortable. If you can't, please mention in the review where you stopped, so I have a better understanding of the pain points in the story.

I work a lot, so RR is when I have downtime. If you have a lot of material, please let me know how far you expect me to read, and given how long it is, it might shape how long it takes for me to review it.

There is a possibility nobody will respond to this, so I've written this sentence as a bulwark to say, "I know!" That means if nobody responds, I look like I planned this all along.

In Progress:

Arthur-67 - All up to Chapter 24  - Reviewed
BridgerCampbellCannon - 17 chapters - Reviewed
trianman67 - 7-8 chapters - Reviewed 
horizon108 - 10k word minimumReviewed 
A V Dalcourt - Chapter 7-ish  -  Reviewed 
ANCT - 10 chapters   -  Reviewed 
TurtleKing
JMWebb - Reviewed
_Fowl_
world_wanderer - Reviewed
Lewis Aldanis
Ismail Akston
Blind Serpent
AlexaLee
T.K. Paradox
Weavervale
TwilightAuthor
Ely

fknmz Wrote: I'm a PHD Candidate in Cultural Studies who reads a disgusting amount of non-fiction. I write like a failed Irish poet. Want me to give you my thoughts on your fiction?

I receive:
  • Your reviews

You receive:
  • My word vomit
  • Not a lot of particularly constructive feedback; instead I'll provide a lot of my textual analysis based on what's presented to me
  • Very likely pretentious overanalysis, though I don't really believe in pretension in an analytical setting

Some basics to mention
  • I will not post reviews with an overall score of lower than 4/5, because I don't think people should really have to be dinged for my slapdash mouth-frothing.
  • Unless it's something notably egregious, I probably won't mention it, so small grammar, style, etc. stuff, I might not mention
  • English is not my second language (it's my fourth) and I have a WPM of 120, so the chances my review will be missing a few words is 100%, even after I've read it over and go, "yep, this looks good!"
  • If you can get through the ten chapters of my work, I would appreciate that greatly. A lot of it is dressing to give a feel for the world which is, frankly, alienating and uncomfortable. If you can't, please mention in the review where you stopped, so I have a better understanding of the pain points in the story.

I work a lot, so RR is when I have downtime. If you have a lot of material, please let me know how far you expect me to read, and given how long it is, it might shape how long it takes for me to review it.

There is a possibility nobody will respond to this, so I've written this sentence as a bulwark to say, "I know!" That means if nobody responds, I look like I planned this all along.
I am willing to accept this trade offer, if your happy to read my story that is.  I will read the ten chapters as bare minimum  but likely I will read more than that . I’d appreciate 10-12 in return but it is upto you 

Arthur-67 Wrote:
fknmz Wrote: I'm a PHD Candidate in Cultural Studies who reads a disgusting amount of non-fiction. I write like a failed Irish poet. Want me to give you my thoughts on your fiction?

I receive:
  • Your reviews

You receive:
  • My word vomit

Some basics to mention
  • I will not post reviews with an overall score of lower than 4/5, because I don't think people should really have to be dinged for my slapdash mouth-frothing.

I am willing to accept this trade offer, if your happy to read my story that is.  I will read the ten chapters as bare minimum  but likely I will read more than that . I’d appreciate 10-12 in return but it is upto you

Looking at your story, it's 161 pages thus far, so I can read the whole thing, if you're willing to wait about a week-ish for a review!

trianman67 Wrote: I'm happy to do a review swap with you! Would you like to 7-8 chapters? I'll read the first 8 chapters of yours, or more or less depending on how you feel!

Sure thing! Which one did you want me to read and review? As for how much of mine, whatever is most comfortable for you.

BridgerCampbellCannon Wrote: I’d like for you to read the full 17 chapters if you’re able. If not, the first ten chapters would be fine. I’ll read your whole story. Thanks!

Sure thing! It might take a little while, if you're okay with that.

fknmz Wrote:
Arthur-67 Wrote:

I receive:
  • Your reviews

You receive:
  • My word vomit

Some basics to mention

Looking at your story, it's 161 pages thus far, so I can read the whole thing, if you're willing to wait about a week-ish for a review!
Sure, no problem, thank you 

horizon108 Wrote: I'm interested and I'll be reading your whole novel! You can choose how much to read in return yourself but at least 10k for the review swap to be above the board.

Sounds good horizon108, I'll add you to the list!

trianman67 Wrote: The one that reads the Blunderbuss Chronicles, Jon The Farmer.

Sounds good trian, I'll add you to the list!

Tenori Wrote: But I can offer anime-ish character designs instead

DrakanSweat

This might be the first time I've ever subscribed to a thread out of sheer curiosity.

Actually, yolo. I triple-dawg dare you to review Drinker of the Yew, just because I am interested in your analysis. I loved what you had to say about Wild Meridian and Max Weber (although, personally I feel like that story is worthy of a higher rating than what you gave).

JMWebb Wrote: This might be the first time I've ever subscribed to a thread out of sheer curiosity.

Actually, yolo. I triple-dawg dare you to review Drinker of the Yew, just because I am interested in your analysis. I loved what you had to say about Wild Meridian and Max Weber (although, personally I feel like that story is worthy of a higher rating than what you gave).

Honestly I might just give the overall mark as 5/5 for my reviews as a form of technological protest because I don't believe in number rating systems and don't enjoy giving them out at all. 

I don't know if that'll get me in trouble though.