This thread is locked

Re: August Thread - Promote your Story

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fpublic%2Fcove...1593561512

FIRST CONTACT

Eight Thousand Years after the Glassing of Earth, Terran Descent Humanity has largely become a post-scarcity society based on consent and enjoying life. With the discovery of another ancient race beyond the "Great Gulf", events and history collide to draw the Terran Confederacy into war against an hundred million year old empire that has always won and believes it always will. With allies and enemies of multiple species, the Orion Galactic Arm Spur will be wracked by warfare the likes of which have not been seen.

Cracked, harried, wounded, and damaged, Terran Descent Humanity willfully throws itself against the universe itself.

"The universe hates you and will take away everything you love, laughing while it does so." - Terran belief.

Told largely from the viewpoint of other species, the story is currently ongoing. It involves graphic depictions of violence, war, adult language and situations, drug use, and other mature topics.

The story will be updated on weekdays, so keep an eye on this page for more chapters.

The story is 550+ chapters, and repeating characters do not start appearing until the Vuxten chapters. If you're in a hurry for repeating characters then this story will not be enjoyable to you. The interwoven plot is not based on a single person but the entire war, with its effects upon multiple people.

EXAMPLE:
Spoiler :

Undrat simply stepped off the edge of the deck, his hands both holding Madame Three-Eighteen safe and sound in his grip as he pulled her up at a forty-five degree angle across his chest, barrel up and left over his left shoulder.

You will respect her and she will keep you alive. Disrespect her and you will die instead of the enemy and that is unacceptable!

Gauzy energy tendrils spread out behind his back, almost like wings, as he plummet through the air for fifty meters, the energy spreading out behind his back a side effect of the inertial dampener and kinetic energy shunts in his armor activating. At five meters to impact the wings flared and he slowed down as if he'd only stepped into the air a meter above.

He slammed into the dirt, his thick legs taking the impact, the armor's grav stabilizers howling, the inertial dampener shrieking as it dumped the excess energy in a bright orange flare around him, leaving him in the middle of a donut of energy.

By the time the energy cleared, Undrat had Madame Three-Eighteen lowered into position and ready. He squeezed the firing grip, panning from the left to the right in a slow steady movement, her heat fins already deployed, the nanoforge already running with deployed heat fins.

On either side of him others dropped from their strikers, dropping straight down, slamming down with a flare of energy.

The Precursor Autonomous War Machines and the Dwellerspawn, which had been concentrating on the firebase, were completely unprepared for Undrat and his fellow Tukna'rn infantrymen laying down heavy firepower straight into their faces. For twenty-nine days they had used this as a staging/spawning area to push against the annoying firebase without opposition.

You will not have thirty, Undrat thought to himself, marking on his helmet HUD a spawning pool he could not get a bead on.

The Tukna'rn who had slammed to earth behind him was knelt down. Outriggers extended around him, he had one fist slammed into the dirty with the haze of an engaged graviton spike around the armor gauntlet. The Tukna'rn looked where Undrat had marked, marked it himself, and squeezed the firing grip with his free hand.

The massive 105mm snub barrel rapid fire artillery unit on the Tukna'rn's back configured the munitions, sent the order to the nanoforge, which wet-printed the rounds into the autoloader.

Less then five seconds since Undrat tagged the spawning pool, where huge rude beasts were heaving their half-formed bodies from the thick liquid, the 105 barked three times, the shockwave rippling out as the blast deflector channeled it to either side and behind the gunner. The gunner's inertial dampener howled as it took the heavy recoil.
The gunner looked at a new target, assessed it according to doctrine and the battle roaring around him, and the gun shifted position.

The spawning pool erupted as all three rounds plunged into the thick liquid and detonated. Liquid hate fountained up as the FOOF enhanced WP-thermite plasma napalm gleefully went to work converting everything to carbon ash and then burning the ash for good measure.

Undrat wasn't paying attention. He knew the heavy indirect fire troops would handle their end of the job. He was laying fire into one of the medium-heavy pillbugs, shattering its teeth, its faceplates, ripping out its eyes.

A brace of hypersonic missiles slammed through the sound barrel, got close, kicked in the sprint drives, and fired off the explosive 'kicker' and two foot tungsten steel rods turned to liquid and hit the gouges in the armor. Three of them penetrated deeply, boiling the flesh around them.

The creature roared and another set of rockets hit it, this time from the side, and the armor gave out with a soft thump, innards burning as steam rose in the air.

There was a flickering as time and space tried to fold and twist. The 105 gunners saw it being marked, gave the munitions orders, and their heavy indirect fire weapons roared. The rounds arced up, deployed fins to make final adjustments, and plunged down. The tips slammed deep into the earth and the two foot tall rods quivered for a second.

They all went off with a deep THRUM that sent a wave of sparkling gold and silver energy across the battlefield.

The creatures and mechanical combat troops that had started to phase in didn't even get a chance to scream as the temporal munitions slammed the door in their faces. Those that were partway through exploded into gobs of tissue. Those who made it came under immediate fire as the grav-strikers pulled danger close white knuckle runs, bringing the heavy guns to bear as they streaked across the battlefield at less than twenty-five meters up.

Undrat switched targets as Madame Three-Eighteen sang her aria in the face of a hateful universe.

Dishonor

Looking for something that's dark and gritty with a female protagonist? Check out Dishonor for you post-apocalyptic dystopian sci-fi fix. Highly character driven story that starts out in a prison, becomes an adventure story, and dabbles in romance. Full story is currently at 135,000 words (and is still in progress). This story gets weekly updates and is in the last arc of the story. Join me as the story nears the top of the castle's tallest tower and prepares to jump off! 

Synopsis:
 I am Dishonored. I am the lowest caste in a city of honor. I live in a prison with only the promise of death. I am a mouth to feed in an overpopulated city that no one can leave.

The City was built by the wealthy to withstand a nuclear blast, and it did; leaving its citizens trapped within its twisted sanctuary. A classist honor system developed that ensured the wealthy maintained their place within the walls, and the less fortunate were held prisoner. Liv was born as one of the most honored citizens of the city; one of the noble class. After her father was executed for treason, she was striped of her honor, and without honor, she was nothing. Facing life in prison with the criminal scum of an overpopulated city that could care less if the lowest caste died, Liv is determined to regain her honor and former status. With nothing left to lose, she is willing to do anything to avenge her father and regain her honor.

Ghoster

Looking for something a bit shorter? Ghoster is a collection of short stories set in a sci-fi world where everyone lives with augmented reality built into their bodies. Each chapter is a standalone story written in third person past tense. (Currently 2 stories in Ghoster with more planned but not written yet)

Synopsis:
The virtual world is everything. With sensors, computer chip implants, contact lenses and an internet connection you can also live in the virtual world! Don't worry about how you don't look like a model. The virtual world can fix that. It can make it so that everyone sees you how you see yourself! With job leveling and virtual pets, everything is better in the virtual world! Come to an Insinc office today to get equipped to enter the virtual world.

Life Without Memory

With shorter chapters split into small volumes, "Life Without Memory" is more of a traditional web novel. The writing style itself is the experimental part of this work. With a first person present tense/second person style this story focuses in on the thoughts of the main character. In this story machine, mind, and something magical combine to make the MC an interesting read. This story is currently being posted on Royal Road, but I have a backlog of chapters with ~70,000 words already written for this story. (Sci-fan story)

Synopsis:
I don't remember who I am. I forgot. I don't feel pain. I don't have feelings. This is what I must do to live. It is my way. That is, until I killed a guard with my mind to save my cellmate, Nathan.

Having died in a gun fight between two gangs, Bryan's life ended in a dead end. However, he was brought back from the embrace of death in a new body. 

With a new start, Bryan enters the underground society once again, but uses his cunning intellect instead of his bare fists.

His road to the top won't be easy, but he will stop at nothing to control his fate from the grasp of his enemies!

Genres: Contemporary, Adventure, Drama, Romance 

Updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/45276/a-hackers-ascent

Phoenix Song

The galaxy is at war. Always has been, always will be. The methods may change, but the results are always the same. Harmony is not, and never will be, an option.

Until his parents are killed and he’s kidnapped, Xaleyp Vah’Aris had been living a normal enough life. Making matters worse, he is forced into an army he wants nothing to do with. Mixed in with all of this are visions of syringes and knives, and a prophetic sword forged by the gods. Maybe Xaleyp is not so normal after all. Now, he battles shifting alliances — and himself — to keep those he cares about safe.

The odds are stacked against Xaleyp when the largest empire in the galaxy wants him dead. How is he supposed to protect his friends when he’s in constant danger himself?

Follow Xaleyp Vah’Aris as he hunts for power around the galaxy and faces enemies he never imagined.

Hello all my book is called The Drifter Era 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41874/the-drifter-era

I have 57 chapters out at the moment and growing

My book is a Seicent fiction, Drama, Psychological

R-18 

Zaily, a Chailo-Lexian hybrid. She was born to be a slave. Finally, she gets free from the trance Zaily was put under. Now all Zaily wants is to live her life free and have fun. who finds herself to be able to build these crazy  inventions  out of nothing but gut feeling that. Logical they shouldn't work, but in her desire of crafting of becoming a self-proclaim Body Enhancer Engineer , she craves to make the most amazing  forbidden time machine. That not only the government  who called  Time  Travel Regulation Government doesn't want anyone to have or build.. nor does the public want people messing with history ever again ever since  time travel war was a mess.

Though no one knows how it happens, it was like magic; reports have it that the travel war came about because someone from the future  wanting to make some money on  obsolete inventions in their time. it was said that once people got a hold of the blueprints of the time machine,  The Drifter Era, the war began. {aka known as the time travel war.} 

The Drifter Era will leaded you around on a journey following Zaily and her other persona once named Zim, as they both live within share one body as they travel through time going back to the days of The Drifter Era. they Runaway from TTRG (Aka Time Travel Regulation Government) 
As Zaily only cares about have fun in her sick ways of pleasure, making sport and game out of it all
While the once called Zim see life as meaningless and hates everything about Zaily, but not being able to do anything since they both share the same body... the two of them argue through their journey as they try their best to get along with each other.
As  life around them become their playground. 

Arthur ward is a young man who has made some big mistakes. Living a life of wrong for the right reasons does not necessarily justify the actions he's done, as he comes to learn through the payment of a price too high to even consider. And yet Arthur was not the one to pay it.

Plagued by indecisision and guilt, Arthur falls into the chasms of despair and depression, trying to come to terms with the consequences of his actions. His friends tell him that it wasn't his fault, his therapist that he should leave the past behind him and his collegues that he can change nothing. But Arthur knows better. No one knows what he's done, afterall. No one knows the life he's lived. 

But just six months after the loss that would change his life forever, Arthur is given a second chance. The world has changed; evolved and with it came the intangible and esoteric enegy of ether. As well as the system that governs it. With new rules to live by and a path to redemption before him, Arthur now has a way to right his wongs. At least he thinks so. Afterall, nothing is quite impossible when you can rewrite reality itself.

Arthur will do anything to bring his sister back.

My story's first few chapters are in need of a little work but the novel does get a lot better. Please give it a try, at least the first seven chapters.

Mana System is a story about Paul. The whole world goes to hell the weekend he decided to go camping. Now he has to survive an unknown wilderness, vicious animals, and monsters of all shapes just to make it back home.

After-Life, while on hiatus is a complete story. The story follows Chuck, he passes away and returns to the aether as an entity of pure energy, or simply put a god. A malevolent god tricks him and in order to save his newly created universe, he must send a tiny piece of his soul down to the planet to locate the evil god's influence. If this fragment fails, he will be forced to end his universe and begin anew.

"The United Planets Coalition rules across many worlds...

The Outer Space Fleet Command rules the UPC…

Our lives are controlled by those with absolute military power...

Those that defy their will are enslaved...
The worst of them become scrubbers...
The best of us become Spacers...
"

For hundreds of years Humanity brought the light of civilisation to dozens of worlds, across multiple stars.
The rule of the OSFC is absolute. Their fleet is glorious, their paranoia of revolution developed defences unrivalled.
Their leaders are cold and remorseless.
Their warriors bound to die for their cause...
What would dare threaten such a force?
... Only the Darkness they pushed away.
An unknown enemy has come forth. Defeat is as sure as the turn of worlds... Nothing last's in it's shadow.
But on the edge of the frontier; One lone gunboat has what could be the secret to the defence of their cruel world...
The cold hand of extinction stands in their way...
This is their mission...

This is the story of the Phoenix

Only Earth Survived is a grimdark tragedy set in a science fiction universe. Humanity is spread over a dozen worlds, across multiple stars with technology considered near future, albeit with some classical SciFi elements (Cryogenics, Limited FTL technology, and inertial confinement systems.) It follows the story of the Gunboat Phoenix and her four man crew. When they find their civilisation is threatened by an unknown force they alone have the secret to it's survival.

This story will follows their mission, aswell as the past events that united the crew and brought them aboard the Phoenix. These people are not the greatest of individuals...

But as fate wills it, they are all that stands between humanity's future and it's extinction...

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41876/only-earth-survived

This month I am publishing the second story in my collection The Trials of the Lion. This new tale, titled "The Storm and the Blade" is told from a different era of my MC's life, is fast paced and feral. Ulrem, still young in his power as an Inheritor and ringbearer, is directionless, a leaf in the vast storm of fate he has inherited. Run down as a murderer and thief for claiming the sword of a barbarian king, unexpected help arrives, with an offer that's hard to resist: Rob the grave of a long-dead necromancer, and split the reward.

New readers don't need to read the first short story unless they want, as the shorts jump around in his life. No prior knowledge required. If you like fantasy with both epic and horror tones, but down and muddy combat, it's your jam. Check it out, drop a review.

Stay fierce,
L.R.

A world where at any time it could destroy itself at any second. Humans so powerful that some can be considered gods. Forces are at motion every second and you or the person right next to you could be caught in the crossfire at any given moment.

Denarrow Ace comes to the city from being in the isolated mountains for so long with no planetary level abilities. However he can punch the sh*t out you pretty hard. Can he martial arts his way of what comes before him?

I'm not even halfway done with this fiction. It'll be years (emphasis on the plural) before I just finish this story and then work on the bigger story around it.

I've posted 50k+ words so far and like 20+ chapters. More will be on the way I assure. S please come and just binge read

Story Overall Biography

Seventeen-year-old Lea is rebuilding her life after a treacherous childhood. Blossoming from a sickly child to a beloved athlete, she still struggles with her mental health. With weekly group therapy and friend's support, she begins to heal healthily. This all comes to a halt when she finds a mysterious card in her bedroom. Unknowingly this card makes the beginning of the end of her life as a human – and her rebirth as something much more dangerous.
Horror/Supernatural/Adventure
Author Recommendation

If you like a slow burn with mystery, slice of life, and gore this is for you! Currently, I am focusing on getting a job after graduating high school and saving for tuition. Once this is done I will be able to update bi-weekly as I did beforehand. Thank you for 1.9k reads!!!

Wrath of Titans
LitRPG Inspired by D&D & BERSERK

https%3A%2F%2Fthelandofthelands.files.wordpres....jpg%3Fw%3D310
Synopsis:
Death would be a relief for him.

Gifted a magical system comprised of stats, skills, level and an unfathomable power, Elias saw the unexpected present as a curse more than a blessing. But there was no return now, since he had been ‘chosen’, he had to battle his way out in this dark and unforgiving world.

He had to perilously carve out a path of his own while tried by clashes between high kings, races, politics and titans unknown to the great continent.

He had to survive, or died like other chosen ones exploited or killed by the rest of the chosen.

He had to fight, to protect the villagers so dear to him.

Not to mention his beloved little sister whom he vowed to protect with everything he had.

And this was all just the beginning.

Joseph Wrote:
Wrath of Titans
LitRPG Inspired by D&D & BERSERK

https%3A%2F%2Fthelandofthelands.files.wordpres....jpg%3Fw%3D310
Synopsis:
Death would be a relief for him.

Gifted a magical system comprised of stats, skills, level and an unfathomable power, Elias saw the unexpected present as a curse more than a blessing. But there was no return now, since he had been ‘chosen’, he had to battle his way out in this dark and unforgiving world.

He had to perilously carve out a path of his own while tried by clashes between high kings, races, politics and titans unknown to the great continent.

He had to survive, or died like other chosen ones exploited or killed by the rest of the chosen.

He had to fight, to protect the villagers so dear to him.

Not to mention his beloved little sister whom he vowed to protect with everything he had.

And this was all just the beginning.
I'm going to check this out, but I just wanted to say, your cover is dope. Very nice.

Even in Chains is a story about the recovery of trauma. Trauma can be a slow burn when it comes to recovery, so that means that this story will also be a slow burn as it dives deep into the thoughts, daily life, and the journey to recovery of a young teenage girl as she deals with the aftermath of her sexual abuse.

Kendall is a young teen who struggles to cope with her past of sexual abuse by beating down Robbie, her classmate, in any way she can. As the years go on, her bullying grows more vicious, and it began to emotionally breakdown Robbie with no signs of her stopping.
In a last ditch effort to get Kendall to stop, one of her teachers steps in to talk to her about waking up her anima, the mental manifestation of a person's inner self. However, the anima holds far more control over the mind than Kendall expects, and can possibly plunge both Kendall and Robbie to their breaking points.
But sometimes, it takes hitting rock bottom before healing can begin.

Updates every Friday at 6 PM CST

Even in Chains is a story, first and foremost, about the recovery and management of various forms of trauma. This means it will dive into content that some may find uncomfortable. From relentless bullying, alcoholism to the loss of loved ones, sexual abuse, self-harm and suicide. With that said, this story is not a tragedy. It is about various people learning to deal with their respective problems. We hope you enjoy our story.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2Ffcfd00d060ed669bcb71...fb8d06.png

https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2F2cFXtYx%2FWicked-honey-over.jpg

Juniper Savine has three goals: first, to clear her father's name. Second, to win the competition to become the king's head chef. Third, to get revenge. As a sensari of Taste, Jun's got magical cooking on her side--and that's about it. If she fails, she faces sacrifice to a wrathful god...but that's the least of her worries. Dark secrets and the people entangled in them hound her every step. The cherry on top? She's pretty sure she's falling for one of her most bitter enemies...the daughter of the man she intends to kill.
Oh, and her burly guard, too. 
~A polyamorous tale of love, revenge, and magical food wars set in a world with a magic system based around the five senses~

Inspired in part by the anime Food Wars, but with the caveat—what if food wars had actual life-and-death stakes? 

Reincarnation as a price, have to solve this bad administration.
The story is set in a medieval period. The MC comes from the modern world and has to fix the country and expand and conquer.
Pros
  • I have good understanding of diplomacy and politics in this era
  • There is no harem
  • I go into a bit more depth in development plans in discussing things such as currency reform and colonial plans.
  • I have good historical knowledge(I think)
  • High politics and intrigue
  • The MC does not try to create technology. A normal person wouldn’t know how to create a gun. He will give some pointers, that’s it.
Cons
  • I am not English so grammar is kinda bad,
  • Extremely little romance and character interactions(hope to improve that)
  • I try to do comedy but fail
  • It might get a bit boring
  • Chapter are short(500-700 words but daily updates)
Summary:If you are looking for a good historical story with real life like diplomacy and politics, the you will like my book. If you want character development, then no you will not like this book
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/44069/reincarnation-as-a-prince-in-another-world-have

This thread is locked