Re: Looking for Things to Review

Hey all,

I am looking for pool of stories to review for a youtube channel I'm starting that will heavily feature online serials from Scribble Hub and Royal Road. I've got some good ideas for ways to engage with the stories, and now I just need the stories. I have my two videos planned and will do a relook at the first chapter from my favorite chapter from the "First Chapter Feedback" and then a second review highlighting the work as a whole.

Past that, I'm planning on doing a mixture of first chapter feedback, spotlights, analysis, comparisons, "Bingo", and some type of live feedback/ editing. So go ahead and leave your story or suggest a story you'd like to see covered, it's genre, and how you'd like me to interact with it. I make no guarantees that I'll use it or I'll use it for the type of video you'd prefer, but it can't hurt.

Previous participation in my threads doesn't matter. If anything it makes it easier. 

I'll post the video here in a response and make a master list on the 1st post once I get going.

Channel

Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7

Check out my story, Strange Frontier.

Dax died painfully and full of regret, but when he's given a second shot at life by a goddess, he accepts. He is reincarnated on a world where humanity has been wiped out by the mysterious "corruption" and must learn to survive.

He will have to explore dead civilizations, learn the secrets of magic, and unravel the mystery of the corruption–all while surviving in a very unforgiving world.

I billed it as Survival Fantasy, and I'm having fun writing it. I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on it.

You are very welcome to use my Soft SciFi Fantasy called DOTS in any way you see fit. It is a series of seven Light Novels of about 25,000 words each, with the fifth one -- The Book of CHASTITY -- being posted on Royal Road right now. It's light-hearted and rather silly, about a mousy man named Hank and a harem of twelve disciples (including a cat and a dog) who must somehow Save the World from its imminent doom.

Sort of. 😸🐶 

StgBria Wrote: Hey all,

I am looking for pool of stories to review for a youtube channel I'm starting that will heavily feature online serials from Scribble Hub and Royal Road. I've got some good ideas for ways to engage with the stories, and now I just need the stories. I have my two videos planned and will do a relook at the first chapter from my favorite chapter from the "First Chapter Feedback" and then a second review highlighting the work as a whole.

Past that, I'm planning on doing a mixture of first chapter feedback, spotlights, analysis, comparisons, "Bingo", and some type of live feedback/ editing. So go ahead and leave your story or suggest a story you'd like to see covered, it's genre, and how you'd like me to interact with it. I make no guarantees that I'll use it or I'll use it for the type of video you'd prefer, but it can't hurt.

Previous participation in my threads doesn't matter. If anything it makes it easier. 

I'll post the video here in a response and make a master list on the 1st post once I get going.

Ill throw my story 'chronicles of a blessed adventurer' into the mix. Its fantasy and you may interact with it how you like. I've been told that my style is traditional and good but at times it lacks what could make it great/ let down in certain scenes. It might make for an interesting analysis/ comparison. Id sure like to know how to improve these scenes. But its completely up to you if you want to use it and what for.

StgBria Wrote:
Zearth Wrote: You know what? Fuck it. Throw in Descent into the mix. Your voice and face make up for the ribbing I'll get. :p

Uh...................................................................................................................................................................................... Thanks?

No, but seriously, you have a way better voice than I had imagined.