Re: Hello! Should have introduced myself here before.

Hello you lovely people! My name is Vivian, and I hope to be spending a lot of time here.

I'm a new up and coming author that is writing a psychological drama named Even in Chains with a focus on recovery from trauma. I started writing about 3 years ago, and have been obsessively chasing improvement in this field. I  am quite pleased with my progress, and I will continue to push my abilities to become better every day.

It's wonderful to meet you all, and I hope we get to know one another as time goes on.

eric_river Wrote: welcome to the forum, it is great to have you here
i hope that you stick around for many a good year
the story that you're working on seems to be going well
based on what i read just now, i'm sure you will excel 
DrakanBook
Thank you very much! For this, and for the comment and follow!
ARXK Wrote: Welcome to RR Vivian! Hope your story reaches out and you have a pleasant stay.
Thank you! We look forward to a pleasant stay as well. <3
EnhancedBeing Wrote: Welcome!!
I just wanted to say I really like your cover! Did you do it yourself?

If Cinn is still awake, she's got a really neato burrito welcome post that should cover everything you could need to know when you join RR- the stuff you won't find in the FAQs! If not, she'll be up in a few hours! :)
Thank you! The cover was made by one of my best friends.

Alright! Looking forward to it!

Welcome! You've chosen a complex topic to write about, but as you're constantly striving to improve I'm sure you'll do it justice. I agree with everyone else about the cover, maybe your friend would be interested in RR's art sub-forum? Okay, I'm gonna turn off the sales pitch now. 😅

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. The cover your friend made is quite good. They're very talented. I think you'll find this a good place to improve your craft. There's also some helpful on writing guides in the Forums and you can always ask question as well. Hope you enjoy being here and that your story attracts many readers. Good luck.

I'll let her know people are enjoying it! And thanks for the tips. I'll check them out!

flowerpower6286 Wrote: Welcome! Glad to have you onboard~

Thank you!

Razzmatazz Wrote: Welcome! Writing really is a fantastic way to process, isn't it? I hope that it continues to be beneficial for you and that your writing does great!  DrakanMelt

Indeed it is! Thank you!

Cinn Wrote: Welcome! You've chosen a complex topic to write about, but as you're constantly striving to improve I'm sure you'll do it justice. I agree with everyone else about the cover, maybe your friend would be interested in RR's art sub-forum? Okay, I'm gonna turn off the sales pitch now. 😅

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Indeed we have, and it is incredibly fulfilling. Though we hope that it doesn't turn a lot of readers off. We know that this is going to be a more niche story, particularly as a web novel. We're going to do our best though!

And I'll let her know, but she's really rather busy. lol

Thank you!

AlexaLee Wrote:
Vivian Wrote: Thank you! And nice! What is it called? I've been looking for as many other trauma recovery stories on web novel sites as I can, but really only found one other that actively has it as the main focus.

For Irision! It’s a sci-fi but focuses very heavily on trauma! I work in psychology so I love weaving mental health into my writing!
Thank you! Checking out chapter 1 now. May we DM you to talk more about it?