Re: ~First post; kinda nervous~

kieranpierce Wrote: Lol that entire story is great! Dogs are funny that way.

Thanks. Here's another fun story about my dobie. His name was Harley, by the way. 

So my girlfriend at the time was thin enough and certainly pretty, and she loved wearing as little clothing as possible at all times. So we'd be out walking Harley together sometimes at night, as doggie owners do. I'd hold the dog's leash and my girlfriend would take the lead, both to keep the dog between us so he'd behave better, and so that I could admire her as she walked. She also liked smiling at every person she met, so any cute guys who approached would of course see her first and be intrigued. 

Then they would see Harley the Huge walking directly behind her, with me holding onto the leash. It was amazing how many guys crossed the street right away, to pass us on the other side. Those who stayed brave were rewarded with both a dog and a pretty girl who were both sweet as pie.

It really was a lot of fun. I mean, some guys became literally terrified. And I am no one to be afraid of. 
❤😼🐶😻❤

ArDeeBurger Wrote: It really was a lot of fun. I mean, some guys became literally terrified. And I am no one to be afraid of.

That's quite the story. o.O

Beautiful Dobies have that effect on people don't they? They're so iconic and intimidating yet they're big sweeties. (I never had a Dobie but I watched so many videos with Dobies just playing and their owners talking about them because... "research". That's what I called it.) Harley the Dobie sounds like such a good boy! :)

kieranpierce Wrote: Beautiful Dobies have that effect on people don't they? They're so iconic and intimidating yet they're big sweeties. (I never had a Dobie but I watched so many videos with Dobies just playing and their owners talking about them because... "research". That's what I called it.) Harley the Dobie sounds like such a good boy! :)

Harley really was one of the best dogs ever, and I have had a lot of dogs. And I mean, a lot. He was such a lover too. He'd never sit on the furniture unless we gave him permission, and he only chewed one slipper once, just because he got lonely, missing us when we were gone.

Of course, once you invited him up with you, he thought he was a lap dog. A 110 pound lap dog.

"Come on, Harley! Come on up! You can sleep with us tonight!"
*pounce*
"Oof. OHMIGOD! Get off me!"
❤🐶❤

Here is another cute dobie story for your research. This one friend of mine had a grandma who owned three dobermans. She was all of five-foot-nothing and weighed about ninety pounds. She kept a cast iron frying pan on the stove, but she never cooked with it

"Get yer damn nose outa my supper, all you gol-darn dogs!"
*bonk*
Worked like a charm, so I was told.
❤😻❤

Hahaha thank you for contributing to my 'research'. My experience owning a Lab was never sufficient to write a Dobie. Dog breeds do tend to have different personalities, and within that the personality of the individual.

Harley sounds like such a polite doggy!

To get on the couch, my doggo did this thing where she put one paw up, then two, then three. She would be basically on the couch except for one foot on the ground.... She just wanted to get on it sooo badly, and her eyes just lit up when I invited her up. Now she sleeps on the couch virtually every night since then.

Also....
ArDeeBurger Wrote: *bonk*

Nooooo not the Dobies.

kieranpierce Wrote: To get on the couch, my doggo did this thing where she put one paw up, then two, then three. She would be basically on the couch except for one foot on the ground.... She just wanted to get on it sooo badly, and her eyes just lit up when I invited her up. Now she sleeps on the couch virtually every night since then.

Yeah, that sounds like the behavior of a lab. They want to be part of the family. Dobermans are more of a hierarchal breed. The top dog rules the pack. They very much like to have rules and expectations set out for them to follow. Like, it took Harley about four walks with a choker collar to learn to never pull on his leash. He loved my girlfriend so much that all he wanted to do was follow her where ever she went. She'd have to make sure to say goodbye to him and tell him that she'd be back later, to keep him from freaking out whenever she put on clothes.

And I'm pretty sure just the sight of that frying pan was enough to remind Grandma's dobies to mind their manners.
🐶

ArDeeBurger Wrote: Like, it took Harley about four walks with a choker collar to learn to never pull on his leash.

I still walk my dog with a pinch collar to make her respect heeling on the leash, and she will not do that for anyone else but me. I guess there really is a difference between these doggos' thinking!

The hierarchal thinking is actually a really good thing to know. All dogs are pack animals, but I never came across that Dobermans have a disposition more inclined to obeying authority. This really is research for me, hahaha.

And the frying pan thing makes a lot of sense. The ultimate symbol of obedience: frying pan!

DrakanPotato