Re: New Here - Excited To Join & Meet Others!

Hi All,
You can me Willis. Nice to meet you!

In my early childhood as a kid in the USA, I was first introduced to anime/manga by watching dubbed Dragon Ball Z on Saturday Cartoons. Present day here I am, an avid reader of manga and watcher of many shows. In terms of novels, I enjoy Fantasy/Action with a little dabble of Adventure, but I have always been open to exploring new genres! 

Eventually in 2018  my viewership spurred me to start writing as a passion project, no goal in mind or any pressure - just for fun. This is in my opinion, the easiest way to start as an author. I was lucky enough to have a roommate who was an artist, who helped me visualize a few characters and motivate me to keep working on my story in its infancy!

In 2021 that same passion project is now an ongoing novel, an anime themed, magical world set in a medieval period. I have been writing this in private for 3 years, and this is my "debut" per-say. In the process I ended up working with a Character Designer and Head Artist to create content for my story and also help inspire me as well. "A picture is worth a thousand words." 

I hope to discover all that RR has to offer, meet a few people and learn a few things along the way! 

Welcome! It's normal to be nervous when first posting, especially something you've been working on so long and really care about. But generally the community in RR is helpful and friendly, and if you care about your story you've probably put your best into it, which will show. So just focus on what you want your story to be and enjoy writing it.

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Welcome to Royal Road. Glad you decided to share the fruits of your passion for writing here. Anime is quite popular here so there's definitely an audience for your work. You cover is vey well done. You should consider posting some of your story art in the Art section of the Forums. It's a good was to provide more exposure for your story. Cinn's guide covers all the important author stuff. For more general site information, check out the FAQ's under Support. Hope you enjoy your experience here and that your work attracts many readers. Good luck.

kieranpierce Wrote: Hi!! Welcome! 
I just did my introduction post too! (albeit mine's really late)

RR is a great site so hopefully you find your readership and have a fantastic time.
Also, I just want to say that your cover art is very beautiful!

Thank you for your kind words on the cover, this was an effort of the character designer and the head artist combined. The chapters will frequently feature some chapter covers (2 to 3) which will be black and white. But there also more full colored ones as well, but they will be much less frequent. 

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. Glad you decided to share the fruits of your passion for writing here. Anime is quite popular here so there's definitely an audience for your work. You cover is vey well done. You should consider posting some of your story art in the Art section of the Forums. It's a good was to provide more exposure for your story. Cinn's guide covers all the important author stuff. For more general site information, check out the FAQ's under Support. Hope you enjoy your experience here and that your work attracts many readers. Good luck.

Thank you for your kind words on the cover, but the credit goes entirely to the artist I work with.

I will do so, I definitely have a lot of things to learn about on the website! Especially the forums. Thanks for the advice.