Re: So, I was thinking about writing something...

It's a bit bizarre.

It's an Arcane Punk alternate world with something akin to a first world war asthetic to it. This is the setting.

The story though is basically this world has a bit of a problem of always getting some bunch of Otherworlders (Isekai-ed people from Earth or beings from random worlds) who more often than not, end up becoming power hungry or the typical "hypocritical hero"// Otherworlders aren't exclusively the only problem, as the world is constantly in chaos of leaders trying to attain control of it.

But my thing is, I'm just doing this because I wanna write something akin to a Gamelit/LitRPG leaning to hack and slash.

I like the way you've turned an established narrative structure (The popular Isekai format) and injected a bit of a slant. It reminds me of how ONE (A popular manga writer) got his start by writing stories like One Punch Man. Where he flipped the classic shonen format, and had the hero starting with all the power instead.

The setting you've placed around it is interesting as well. But I really like the way you're handling a different approach to the story.

I think the idea seems interesting.  I actually envision my own fantasy world having a technological level around WWI, so I'm clearly a fan of that part.

I'd also like to say that the themes and plot points you've mentioned seem like a natural fit for a WWI setting, with the disconnected, power hungry leaders and the chaos they cause.

Would one of these teleported people be your protagonist, or would your story focus on one of the original inhabitants?

MrOrangeContinuum Wrote: I think the idea seems interesting.  I actually envision my own fantasy world having a technological level around WWI, so I'm clearly a fan of that part.

I'd also like to say that the themes and plot points you've mentioned seem like a natural fit for a WWI setting, with the disconnected, power hungry leaders and the chaos they cause.

Would one of these teleported people be your protagonist, or would your story focus on one of the original inhabitants?

The MC would be native of the world. While some people are usually 'Let me know the Outworlder to judge their character', the MC holds a great grudge against them for the many things he'd seen them(the more power hungry Outworlders) doing before.

The MC would be the leader of a small Nation that recently declared independence, since his people were being enslaved due to their heritage (They all possess a Dragon Ancestor). So his people are frowned upon by others, while even though he just want them to survive this turmoil of a world, he doesn't deny that he is ambitious. 

His philosophy is simple: If you have ambition and talent, and have not succumbed to power hunger that lead you astray from your goals he might ask you to join his cause.

---

One of the character developments I want is simple, him being put in a position of working with Outworlders and finally judge them for their character, instead of their origin, since he is being a bit of a hypocrite. He started a nation to free his people from being enslaved and judged for their origin, while he judges the Outworlders the same way.

Also the war itself won't solve overnight in the story, since it's a big world that has been in conflict for millennia. And with the constant arrival of Outworlders / Rise and Fall of factions, there are many different plot points that could be cool to do.

SomeGuy276 Wrote: It's a bit bizarre.

It's an Arcane Punk alternate world with something akin to a first world war asthetic to it. This is the setting.

The story though is basically this world has a bit of a problem of always getting some bunch of Otherworlders (Isekai-ed people from Earth or beings from random worlds) who more often than not, end up becoming power hungry or the typical "hypocritical hero"// Otherworlders aren't exclusively the only problem, as the world is constantly in chaos of leaders trying to attain control of it.

But my thing is, I'm just doing this because I wanna write something akin to a Gamelit/LitRPG leaning to hack and slash.

FancyDrakan If ya want to write it, go and do it. You alone are all that is stopping you.