Re: Is user retention rate a good way to tell if a story is going to explode in popularity?

Do you guys think that user retention is an indication for a story's potential to explode to 3000+ followers? 

I'm curious what the user retention rate % is for popular stories ch1-2. Getting a little worried because my chapter 1->2 retention is 73% and chapter 2->3 is 71%.

I saw from some old threads that some rr novels are getting like 80-90% retention from the first two chapters. If the screenshot works, there should be an image below on the stats 
https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fa%2FRvdHO4Y

Re: Is user retention rate a good way to tell if a story is going to explode in popularity?

Bah, don't look at the statistics. They might discourage you unless you have thick skin. Reader retention isn't something you check on a chapter-by-chapter basis but a 70% is a pretty good statistic. I think it's more important to look at the reader retention after you end an Arc and start another one. That's where it gets a bit rough for readers who wanted to read a certain niche, which you are moving away from.