Re: Has anyone posted completely wacky or experimental stories here? How'd it go? :P

I have a story that's written in rhyme, about a night spent in a haunted house. 

Long through the night, I sat by my flame,
When out of the woodwork, demons came.
But they couldn't come close, for I guarded my wick,
And they knew they'd diffuse it the light it inflicts.

They crept to the edge of the day that I cast, 
And there they waited, for they knew at last
My candle would wane, and with it, it's power
And my soul
And my heart
And my being
Devour.

It is written in three acts, each of about five hundred words. Here is the start to the second act.

"Arise!" The star-studded empress of night
Gave me the keys to her city.
Bathed me in breath, told me of plight,
Force-fed my conscious with pity.
Pointed toward East, down past the yard
Through revolving doors of her courthouse.
Megaphones cry. "A guinea a head!
"Everything's fun at the Circus!"

😸

Re: Has anyone posted completely wacky or experimental stories here? How'd it go? :P

I have my Button story, that I wrote for the Writeathon. It took me a couple chapters to figure out what I was doing and where I was going, but people seem to have liked it.
The premise was just You, in a room with a button. Every time you push it, something new pops up. Sort of a choose yer own adventure thing. Planning on writing a sequel in October ^.^

I was inspired by a recent thread about vampires... and have come up with the plans for something I want to be a bit whacky. How it'll translate... I don't know, but it'll be something I do for the Writeathon either this year (eek!) or next spring. 

Again, like Heroes of The Collective, it would be a complete self indulgent passion project so if it lands it lands, but I won't be beat up if it doesn't. The vibes on the new project, I'll be going for Scream Queens x Shaun of The Dead x Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Haha, that sounds fun.

Wasn't there a phone game a while back that was kind of like this? Can't remember the name, but you started really simple with one action, and it eventually turned into some effort to blast off in a space rocket. The game, at least, was quite popular.

Mad Wrote: I have my Button story, that I wrote for the Writeathon. It took me a couple chapters to figure out what I was doing and where I was going, but people seem to have liked it.
The premise was just You, in a room with a button. Every time you push it, something new pops up. Sort of a choose yer own adventure thing. Planning on writing a sequel in October ^.^