Re: Offering reviews or ratings {free} for Action, Adventure or Fantasy Genres.

So basically, I am looking for some stories to listen to using TTS throughout the day and kinda feel like I have been a bit snobbish in only listening to established stories lately. As anyone who has looked at my favorites list could attest.

With the idea of broadening my horizons a little more and giving back to the community, I am offering to read/listen, to any series with chapters at least 2k words in length in the Fantasy, Adventure or Action genres and write a advanced review, basic review or just leave a rating depending on what you prefer. If the rating would be lower than 3.5 I will contact you directly first and leave the decision for posting the rating/review up to you, assuming that you get back to me within a couple of days. I tend to be rather lenient, so I doubt it will be much of an issue.

So if you would like me to rate/review your story, just generally follow the format below. First come first served.

[Story Name] (Should be self evident.)
[Story Genres] (Let's me prep psychologically for what I am getting into.)
[Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating] (Make sure to make your preference clear.)
[Number of Chapters] (If you don't specify, I will basically read everything before writing a review or making a rating.)
[Known issues with your story] (I can be far kinder and more helpful if I am aware of a problem in advance. Intentions to rewrite certain sections falls under this category)
[Prologue] (As a general rule, I do not read Prologues. If you feel it is of absolute importance for your story to make sense that I should, then please state why.)

As I work my way through the list I will edit this original post and add a list of those I have completed below. Just bear in mind that I am Australian, so Timezones are a thing. Also, you will probably see a trail of my comments through the chapters marking my progress :) If you find a comment on your final chapter but no review, don't panic, I am probably just sleeping or giving my eyes a break while I compose my thoughts.

Completed Review List

Darke Mag'yx
Armor
Erden : Tale of a Land Forgotten
Seeker of the Lost
Thick as Thieves
Selena’s Reign: The Golden Gryphon
Trial Run
Misadventures Incorporated
The Bells of Eternity: A LITRPG Apocalypse
Legend of the Spellthief
Space Lord
TRX's Adventures
Drinker of the Yew: A Necromancer's Tale
The Systems Tester
Wild Meridian
An Unwanted Dragon
The Gate of Shadows
Dots
The blood wars
Welcome to Terminus
Domhain
Cry Wolfe
Descent
The Beast and the Swallow
Restoration (Book One)
Centris
The Mercurial Lives of Kajulan and Tekole
Rise of the Last Star - A LitRPG Adventure
Isekai Butler

A fellow Australian, good to see our timezones being represented. I'd be interested in a review, lemme know if mines up your alley.

Title: Darke Mag'yx
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure
Advanced review preferred
As many chapters as you want to read
No specific issues, but your thoughts are welcome
No prologue

Hope it's something you'd be interested in, links in the signature. Thanks

Title : Erden : Tale of a Land Forgotten
Genre: Fusion Fantasy
(IDK if that's a thing. Slow-burn Action, Adventure, and Romance.)
—An advanced review would be great, really! But it's up to you whether you decide on just a basic review or rating.

Number of Chapters: I would really like it if everything was read before being reviewed. I've already heard a lot of reviews but only up to the first 10,000 words.
So far I've got 36 chapters, each with a (more or less) 1000 word count. I hope it makes the cut.
Known issues with your story: Worldbuilding and Dialogue? I'm not really sure. You're free to mention if you spot something sticking out.
Prologue: I don't have one, but I'm deliberating on making one to address the first issue.

Thank you very much for this opportunity!

Story name: Seeker of the Lost
Genres: Fantasy, drama, adventure, mystery
Review: Advance review is preferred
Chapters: My story has 23 chapters by far and I would be happy if you read them all
Issues: Since English isn't my first language, I've been having some issues with grammar and awkward sentencing that affects the style, but I'm working on improving them all the time and making edits along the way.
Prologue: No prologue

The story is in the signature, I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Hello, I'd love it if you could give my book Thick as Thieves a read:

Story Genres: Fantasy
Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating: Ideally an advanced review but if I'm happy with any kind of review! 
Number of Chapters: Ideally all of them but up to you
Known issues with your story:No known issues
Prologue: I have a teaser chapter, feel free to skip it :) 

— Selena’s Reign: The Golden Gryphon 
— Historically-based reincarnation story, low fantasy elements and a soft magic system.
— Advanced Review (I have to be honest!) but even a simple rating is more than welcome.
— 50, but most of my feedback has centered around the first twenty, so feel free to skim and focus on later chapters in particular.
— Overly purple prose, occasional grammatical niggles. The flowery language is an intentional effect, but one I sometimes use to excess.
— While the prologue sets the stage for the story’s reincarnation sequence, it isn’t essential to the narrative.

Thanks for your consideration; here's the link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36157/selenas-reign-the-golden-gryphon

Thank you very much for doing this. If you wouldn't mind, I'll add mine too.

[Story Name]: Trial Run
[Story Genres]: Fantasy, Comedy, Action
[Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating] Advanced Review, but whatever you are more comfortable with is better.
[Number of Chapters]: 50ish if possible but even lesser is fine!
[Known issues with your story]: My descriptions tend to focus more on the pointless things than where it is important in the first 20ish chapters. 

[Prologue]: Best and the most important description of the main character's powers. They are described later too but don't have the same feel.

Misadventures Incorporated
LitRPG Fantasy with some comedy
Basic review is fine
However many chapters you want. I'm currently sitting at 15 chapters with a total word count of ~37k
I'm trying my best to avoid patronizing readers, and because of that I think some of them are missing that the information withholding is intentional. Would appreciate an opinion as to whether I'm keeping too many things implied or if the problem has another source.
No prologue.

Link in signature.

Story Name : The Bells of Eternity: A LITRPG Apocalypse

[color=var(--darkreader-inline-color)]Story Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, LITRPG[/color]

Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating: Whatever works for you. 

[color=var(--darkreader-inline-color)][Number of Chapters: 9 (22,024 words) [/color]

Known issues with your story: If I had to pick just one aspect, I'd say the dialogue is the worst part, maybe. 

Prologue: It has a prologue, but you don't have to read it. However, I'd say that the prologue isn't very prologuey. Stuff actually happens. You could still probably skip it; the story would just be a bit worse if you did. 

I hope you find something interesting to read, even if it doesn't end up being my story.  DrakanWine

P.S. Writing this I realized that prologue and dialogue have the same ending letters. Not sure how I never noticed that. Kinda cool. Now I have to look up what a "logue" is. 0_0

Story Name: Legend of the Spellthief
Story Genres: Action, Isekai, High-Fantasy, LitRPG.
Review Type: Advanced Review, please.
Number of Chapters: 14 currently.
Known issues with your story: The introduction is a bit info heavy, and a lot of plot points aren't full realised/described to the readers just yet but they are planned for future chapters/slow burn release.
Prologue: Not entirely necessary right now, it explains the protags Earth life and his abduction with some background information that is referred to later on. It may feel out of place reading about the protags' parents if you didn't read the prologue.

Story name - Space Lord
Story genres - fantasy, action, a slice of life
Review type - advanced one
Number of chapters - 25
Known issues - Would be glad to get some detailed pointers on the parts of the story that might seem boring or harm the pace of the story.
Prologues - Yes, please take a look at them. They are connected to the story and I would also be glad to get feedback on them.

[Story Name] TRX's Adventures
[Story Genres] Adventure, action.
[Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating] Basic review.
[Number of Chapters] Everything except the extras.
[Known issues with your story] The simple narrative that makes it look like a children book.
[Prologue] I named Chapter 1 as Prologue because... Well... Arc 1 chapters are named days, that's why.

My story is still starting and nothing makes sense for now, but still, I want to know what other people think about my weird story so far.

[Story Name] Drinker of the Yew
[Story Genres] Fantasy/Dark Fantasy/Parable
[Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating] Review/Advanced Review (I'll leave it to your whim)
[Number of Chapters] whole thing if possible (should only be 7 chapters by tomorrow)
[Known issues with your story] The paragraphs might need some more spacing out to make it more readable. Planning on going back to fix occasional typos. Plan to add some more dialogue tags in the first chapter as to avoid confusion over who is talking.
[Prologue] There's no prologue :)

[Story Name] ReIgnite, book 1: An Unwanted Dragon
[Story Genres] Magic school, dragons, upheaval, loss, rediscovery, friendship
[Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating] I love advanced reviews, but anything is better than nothing! :)
[Number of Chapters] As many as possible. 
[Known issues with your story] Pacing might be uneven; I'm looking for ways to smooth it out.
[Prologue] No prologues here, just right into the madness.

Thank you so much!

Story Name] The Gate of Shadows
[Story Genres] Fantasy/Romance/Adventure/Gore/Dark themes/Smut/ *I have a hard time putting this story into categories but it is fantasy/magic/romance/ honestly it has a bit of everything I have been told.*
[Advanced Review/Basic Review/Rating] I would love an Advance Review but it depends if you can read far enough into the story to do so. If not basic one~
[Number of Chapters] Read until you want.
[Known issues with your story] Grammar *I nor my helper can't notice them anymore so, pointing them out helps~*
[Prologue] No prologue~

Thank you so much for your time!
peolove