Re: Hello, I am Kittensoul

Hello, I moniker Kittensoul,

If anyone once played EQOA on Marr's Fist server might remember me.
Yes, I still use this moniker after all these years.

I have created stories all my life since I was a little child.
Most I never shared.
Some I would tell friends.
For a while during the time of 56k modems and mIRC I use to have a following for my XXX stories.
I would state in a few rooms that I was writing that night and people would show to read my live write XXX stories.

I stopped when my gender dysphoria got so bad that I was trying to commit suicide weekly.
It was hard to force through that as when I had tried to come out as a child my parents locked me in mental institutions where I was forced into therapy, drugged, and beaten.
Eventually, I faced the world and transitioned.
It helped that I ran halfway across the nation to get away from my family.
I am much happier now living as a female.

I never stopped making up stories, but I had lost all confidence in myself.
So I rarely shared a share and when I did even if everyone told me it was amazing I could think they were making it up to make me feel better.
Some stories have been fanfics and some have been originals.

End last year I listened to an audible that inspired a story.
A friend of mine pushed very hard for me to write it down.
So I did and I had fun writing it.
In a week I had written 30k words.
Each week after that I was writing about 20k+ words till my laptop broke from the abuse.

Being someone who is low income and homeless it took a while to repair.
Eventually, some friends helped me get it working again after 3 months.
Then some programming writing needed my attention as I had been in the middle of writing a server when I took a break to story write.
So that took time to finish and debug.
All the while my laptop was getting worse.
Till recently when I got a new laptop.

Feeling a new one was safe and needing a break from programming I decided to pick back up the story I had been forced to pause on.
Again I am having fun and in a week I have written over 30k+ words.
I am thinking of adding this fanfic here if it is allowed.

I still suffer from horrible self-image issues and it is hard for me to share my art or even when I do to believe it when people like my art.

Well, this is my hello.  It bit of life vomit to run people off I guess.
Oh well, the world goes on.

Welcome! Oh my, that is a lot. I hope you're doing much better now.

Also RR allows both original and fanfic, so as Ariana said, just tag it appropriately and you'll be fine. There's nothing against cross posting too (if you have already posted on another site) you just need to prove you control both accounts. It's to help prevent plagiarism.

Here's my usual copy-paste advice. A lot of it is related to visibility on RR, but there's some other useful things too.
  • Get your fiction link(s) into your signature (when ready to share & approved). There's an auto generate but also some guides if you want to customise it. Also every forum post has a tick box to click to show it.
    https://www.royalroad.com/account/signature
  • Visibility in RR is pretty decent, but don't expect lots of readers straight away. Readers here like longer works so the longer you've been posting the more readers you'll pick up.
  • Don't dump any backlog all at once, really you probably don't want to post more than one chapter a day, because that gives you maximium exposure via the latest updates page. But honestly you want a release schedule you can keep up without burning out. Readers like a consistent schedule. So be realistic about how much you can write, it doesn't matter how fast/slow that is, being consistent is most important imo.
  • Readers tend to be pretty quiet as well. So if you're specifically looking for feedback maybe head over to the reviewing subforum to organise some comment swaps.
  • Otherwise just nosey about the forums. Lots of social and writing discussions. Also the recommendations subforum has lots of good reads narrowed by specific tastes. Also there's a subforum within it for self promo.
  • Here's Gej's handy guide to RR's rep system. https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/109297
I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Welcome to Royal Road. After so much hurt I hope that your writing will fill you with happiness and confidence. As others have already said, there are no issues posting fanfic here as long as it's properly tagged. The FAQ's under Support provide a good overview of the site rules. Feel free to participate in the community as little or as much as you like. The Forums are a great place to interact with the community. Feel free to ask any questions you might have there. I hope you enjoy being here on Royal Road and that your work is read by many readers. Good luck.

Thank you all for the polite welcomes.

I have been preoccupied with writing my story.
I have written 50 chapters and have over a 150k word count.
I am working on what I suspect will be the last chapters of this book.
With an open ending for possibly more stuff.
I am still concerned about it being fanfic cause the author of the original world posted their book here in Royal Road.
I have been a bit scared to ask him for permission to post "Dark Summon" here.

Not sure if I am allowed to post links here.
Orginal authors Book:  https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21361/skyclad