Re: New author here (or not new)

Hey hey everyone I'm pretty new here I think. I've just been posting my story here without giving this site much thought but I'm considering interacting with the community here more to see if I can bring more attention to my works. I primarily was giving all my focus on scribblehub but the results of my hard work aren't paying off too well I think. I hope I can get along with everyone here.
Also how do i remove the border around my profile picture? I'm not a big fan of borders. 

It's under settings for the border thing.

And welcome! I'm happy to see you've joined. I'm new myself, but I do love it here. It's the best site I've come across for writing related matters so far! Very active, always uplifting, I really like to see new folks come in too. It's always fun seeing who rolls in next and even better when they stay for the long ride.

Welcome! I think you've managed to remove the border (looks like it from here anyway) so I guess you found the border wardrobe.

Here's my usual copy-paste advice. A lot of it is related to visibility on RR, but there's some other useful things too.
  • Get your fiction link(s) into your signature. There's an auto generate but also some guides if you want to customise it. Also every forum post has a tick box to click to show it.
  • Visibility in RR is pretty decent, but don't expect lots of readers straight away. Readers here like longer works so the longer you've been posting the more readers you'll pick up.
  • Don't dump any backlog all at once, really you probably don't want to post more than one chapter a day, because that gives you maximium exposure via the latest updates page. But honestly you want a release schedule you can keep up without burning out. Readers like a consistent schedule. So be realistic about how much you can write, it doesn't matter how fast/slow that is, being consistent is most important imo.
  • Readers tend to be pretty quiet as well. So if you're specifically looking for feedback maybe head over to the reviewing subforum to organise some comment swaps.
  • Otherwise just nosey about the forums. Lots of social and writing discussions. Also the recommendations subforum has lots of good reads narrowed by specific tastes. Also there's a subforum within it for self promo.
  • Here's Gej's handy guide to RR's rep system. https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/109297
I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.