Re: Is prioritizing upload consistency on this site important?

Recently, I've been working on two projects. One called Akio's Disastrous Quest, and the other called Maya 2045. I'll admit myself that I'm not the most consistent worker out there. I find it difficult to pump out a brand new chapter every few days. Due to this laziness it's now been a month since I've last uploaded a chapter of any kind and I'm only around halfway finished with the latest chapter of Maya 2045. I also have these concerns because my family frequents going on long trips that could halt my progress in writing. Long story short, All I need to know is what the title asks, Should I be prioritizing upload consistency or is it not a driving factor in success?

If you're looking for higher readership and stats, then consistency is usually a major factor in any environment where you're creating content. That said, if that's what you're looking for, you can always aim for an upload schedule that's lenient enough to let you still have plenty of downtime between writing chapters. I've said it before in other threads, but I specifically upload a chapter every two weeks because that's what I can reasonably manage with my work and life schedule, even though lots of other stories like to upload weekly or even more frequently than that. Having a schedule and sticking to it lets your audience know that there will be more uploads and when to expect them, even if they're far apart. Vs. uploading sporadically at any time with varying gaps between chapters, which can make readers assume the story is abandoned or will be abandoned in the future.

Now that said, again, that's if you're looking for readership and high stats. If you're just writing as a hobby for yourself or maybe to share it with specific people or something, then hey, you do you and write it at whatever pace makes you most comfortable.

I have been known to start stories and leave them for weeks without updating them. For me what matters isn't how fast you post but that when you do that it's at least readable. I have read thousands of fanfiction stories and one of my biggest gripes is the readability. I can overlook a few words being misspelled because nobody can find everything but I should at least be able to read it without feeling the need to work out what the hell that word is meant to be.

Also never have one massive block of text. Space it out some. So as long as I can read it fairly well and the plot isn't god-awful the speed isn't what I care about. Of course, as a reader, I don't want to wait a month for a new chapter to be posted. But if the story is good waiting for a new chapter is ok. Just don't make me wait too long otherwise I'm likely to move onto new stories.

Extremely important.
 Most of the stories will be dropped and no one want to read something that never will be finished. 
When I check out a new story my first thing is to look at the number of pages. If it is below 300-400 then I will come back later. 
If the novel's length is sufficient, then  I will check the update schedule. If it is not consistent then the best I can do is to choose the "read  later" option.
And this is before I read chapter 1.