Re: Serious story that makes sense

I'm looking for a serious story that makes sense, basically:
- Sentient characters have to act sentient(have a brain). Smart characters have to be smart. You get the idea, if its an old man shouldn't act like a teenager.
- The world and events have to make sense. No bullshit, actions have to follow logic. The world is a space for the story to take place in,not the other way around.
- Be a story - not a regurgitated rpg harem,  young master template(not the self aware one), or some other rebranded thing with a small spin on top.
- Website does not matter: royalroadl, fictionpress, scribblehub, japtem, whatever.

Examples:
Mother of Learning
12 Miles Below
Hedge Wizard
Virtuous Sons
Essence of Cultivation
Mechanical Crown

Editing as I go through to keep track:
1. Wizards Tower - I dont enjoy it. Others do.
2. Stranger is sorcererstown - Has an interesting western feel. Other than that its ok.
3. The Wanderer - No.
4. The Gate of Shadows - If you like Romance, especially shoujo manga type romance, try it.
5. Restoration - I lasted all of 3 paragraphs. Would rate it "Transparent reptile"/10.Reviews seem to suggest people can actually read (and enjoy) this.
6. Transposition - Not for me.
7. Wild meridian - Not bad.

naknuk Wrote: I'm looking for a serious story that makes sense, basically:
- Sentient characters have to act sentient(have a brain). Smart characters have to be smart. You get the idea, if its an old man shouldn't act like a teenager.
- The world and events have to make sense. No bullshit, actions have to follow logic. The world is a space for the story to take place in,not the other way around.
- Be a story - not a regurgitated rpg harem,  young master template(not the self aware one), or some other rebranded thing with a small spin on top.
- Website does not matter: royalroadl, fictionpress, scribblehub, japtem, whatever.

Examples:
Mother of Learning
12 Miles Below
Hedge Wizard
Virtuous Sons
Essence of Cultivation
Mechanical Crown

Perhaps you can check out my story as it meets most of your requirements. I’m a new writer and only a few chapters are published.

Hm...

I have had comments/reviews on other websites telling me how my characters are believable and stick to their personalities. Like they do nothing out of randomness, I guess. Well, they grow, but their personalities are consistent. Well, at least what I have been told.

My story is an emotional adventure basically, so it has a lot of serious topics. Though of course, it is in a fantasy world so; I don't know how much sense it makes, but I think I stick to the standards of my world pretty well.

I also think it is original with a new spin into the vampire/werewolf/witches trio.

I don't know what a young master template is, but I don't think I have that?

Its main genre is romance/fantasy, though I thought I would drop by here and let you know, just in case it might be your thing. Oh, it's for mature audiences too.
PeoReading
And it is completed just uploading it slowly.~

naknuk Wrote: I'm looking for a serious story that makes sense, basically:

Examples:
Mother of Learning
12 Miles Below
Hedge Wizard
Virtuous Sons
Essence of Cultivation
Mechanical Crown

Mine is a serious one, not a casual read. It has lighter moments, but does not let up. It makes sense as the story goes along. 

It is a combination of High, Epic, and Dark Fantasy.

Restoration(Book 1)

I'm always told that my plausible, relatable, and individual characters are my greatest strength, and my worldbuilding is my second strength - it forms around the story. I do not waste my time or a reader's by just telling the same story as everyone else.

I have four finished novels and two serials - so far only 3 are on RR, and Yin-Yang has barely started although it's complete elsewhere. A quick visit to my website https://prysmcat.com would give you full descriptions and options for where to find them (here, Scribble Hub, WattPad, as indie novels).

You might like mine. One of my priorities was to write a story in which a magical world is as organic and as sensible as possible. No one is gifted, they all deal with various physical limitations, they aren’t able to survive on their own without skilled members in the group, and there are absolutely no deus ex machina’s shooting from the Grand Cosmos. The story even starts out at a slower pace because that’s often how real life moves. It’s an adventure/urban fantasy called Wild Meridian if you’re interested. No worries if you’re not. Best of luck in your search.

You might appreciate the Spellmonger series. I read it on Amazon a while ago; I think it was on KU?

It's about a wizard who's basically just minding his own business when an invasion rolls into town and he has to figure out how to get out of the siege... and then things just sorta snowball and he ends up with land, then a noble, and he starts doing his own magic experiments, and so on. It's pretty good. Lots of kinda low-level politicking. Maybe not perfectly logical, but it did seem to mostly make sense. 

This blurb should fill most of your requirements - and then some. Check it out.

In the dark days before the end of the first millennium, Scotland (or Scotia as some called it) was a leaderless hodgepodge of tribes, clans and warring factions all bent on the same thing--domination of the land. Wizards, sorcerers and magicians still plied their trade, though much of their power had given way to the machinations of men and their war machines. To the south of Scotia lay the realm of the Saxons ruled by Ethelred the Unready and his ruthless minions. To the west, Ireland had just come of age. Everywhere else the constant threat of a lightning swift Viking incursion loomed over the land.

Growing up in this lawless world is a displaced Daynin McKinnon, heir to an ancient familial keep on the island of Rhum. He and his grandfather Ean scratch out a living amongst the Saxons, careful never to divulge their clan heritage. That all changes when Kruzurk Makshare chooses Daynin as the ideal prospect to help him bring down a vile sorcerer named The Seed of Cerberus, ferreted away in his impregnable fortress at Blackgloom. Little does Kruzurk know that in so doing, he will launch young Daynin, himself and others on a vast, dangerous quest that no one could have foreseen.

One Hollywood producer characterized THE BLACKGLOOM BOUNTY as, "BRAVEHEART meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS." Real places, people and events flesh out this fast moving, multi-faceted semi-historical series. But fear not fantasy readers - there's more than enough of the magical, mystical mayhem you have come to expect from great fantasy. Romance readers, too, will enjoy the 'spice' in these characters--and there are a lot of them--both human and otherwise. And if you're into Viking lore, this series certainly is for you.

Hey, you might want to try my story (can see it in my signature).

Without spoiling too much, it's about the struggles of a noble-born girl in a fantasy setting with subjects such as family, religion, trauma and disability.

Synopsis:

In a world where rank, blood-ties and religion are intertwined; Silika Everest lived an idyllic life as the third child of the Marquess of Oblon, spending her time causing trouble for the estate servants and playing with her siblings to her heart's content.
Until a faithful day when a game of hide and seek turned into tragedy. When she woke up, her life had turned on its head, everything she had now slipping away from her.
That day her quiet life began— an unforgiving life where all odds are stacked against her.