Re: 1000 comments and (almost) 7K reads

I don't know if people really celebrate comments, but I had like zero interaction back on Wattpad, so this feels great!

At 1000 comments at just over 6800 reads, that's one comment for every 7 reads! Most of them were kind and interesting comments and discussion and I wish I could thank them with more than just rep.

I even had a couple people favorite my story, which feels incredible.

Sometimes I wonder if I should reach out and ask them what they liked so much, but it's probably better to just smile and accept it.

Also, almost 7000 reads! 7's a lucky number, y'know? It's also 7 times what I got back on WP, so it's double lucky.

Anyway, that's what I feel grateful for this week. Thank you all, you're all great fun to be around.

I'd name some especially great people, but there's so many, I'd be here all day. Also, I don't wanna risk excluding anyone because that'd be absolutely awful. Sorry.

parkertallan Wrote: 1000 comments is quite amazing. You've clearly done something right to have such invested readers. Congratulations

Tristan Wrote: That's an amazing level of engagement! Congrats!

I probably have that level of interaction because of all the time I've spent posting on the forums. You spend enough time and eventually folks'll click your signature. That, and RR rewards you for commenting and folks on the forums love their street cred.

I do have certain people that really really helped me along the way, but again, I'd feel bad singling them out. They know who they are and I am eternally grateful.

I guess I technically just thanked the forums, so maybe that's unfair?

If I could somehow list off every single person who read my story so far and write a thank you for every single one, I would. For now, I think +rep is good enough until I figure out a better way of showing tribute.

Y'know, not thanking these people feels like a cop out too...

Thank you for reading my thread.
Thanks to thedude3445 for recommending me this site.
Thanks to Daniel Newwyn for being the first to comment.
Thanks to msng for being one of the first people to finish my story.
Thanks to flowerpower6286 for all the help and kind comments.
Thanks to gej302 for helping point out all the little errors and mistakes and helping me clean up the story.
Thanks to Ararara for the fair criticism and givin' me a chance.
Thanks to DrBuller for my first actual review.

There's way more people who contributed like Duskuro and legendary CitizenSamurai, so I'm probably not getting everyone at once. I'm also leaving out IRL and off-site folks for privacy. For the sake of brevity, I'll leave it like this. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Little Wrote: Recommend our stories to your readers so we can have a similar flood of interaction! (jkjk)

If there was some way of doing it non-invasively (like in a profile message or something), I'd definitely at least give you a shoutout.

Congrats and thanks for taking my comments so well, even if you did not always agree with all of them. 

Ironically I recall finding and starting to read your story because of a post you made a while back asking how to get more interaction. Nice to see that you have succeeded in getting a great level of interaction with your readers! Looking forward to reading your latest project when it is ready for uploading.

msng Wrote: Congrats and thanks for taking my comments so well, even if you did not always agree with all of them.

I agreed with most of them, and I appreciated hearing from you always. It's hearing people and feeling heard that's an incredible feeling, and you helped with that greatly.
msng Wrote: Ironically I recall finding and starting to read your story because of a post you made a while back asking how to get more interaction. Nice to see that you have succeeded in getting a great level of interaction with your readers!

Yeah, it was actually thanks to that thread that things starting looking better for me. Now I'm trying my best to get more eyes on it for more consistent, slow growth. I'm hoping I can hit 8k by Fall, maybe even 10k by the end of the year.
msng Wrote: Looking forward to reading your latest project when it is ready for uploading.

I'm working really hard on it, but my time on RR has made me such a perfectionist that I've thrown out an entire novel's worth of text. It'll be a while, but I don't think it'll be an impossibly long wait. When it does come out, I hope you enjoy!

MarikoRawralton Wrote:
msng Wrote: Congrats and thanks for taking my comments so well, even if you did not always agree with all of them.

I agreed with most of them, and I appreciated hearing from you always. It's hearing people and feeling heard that's an incredible feeling, and you helped with that greatly.

peoapproval
On a slight tangent, I liked how even though you might not have always agreed with what I wrote our discourse remained civil!
MarikoRawralton Wrote:
msng Wrote: Ironically I recall finding and starting to read your story because of a post you made a while back asking how to get more interaction. Nice to see that you have succeeded in getting a great level of interaction with your readers!

Yeah, it was actually thanks to that thread that things starting looking better for me. Now I'm trying my best to get more eyes on it for more consistent, slow growth. I'm hoping I can hit 8k by Fall, maybe even 10k by the end of the year.

Good luck! I always thought it would be hard for completed stories to get much notice, as they won't appear on 'latest updates' on the home page, but your story seems to have found other ways to obtain new readers so well done on that![/quote]
MarikoRawralton Wrote:
msng Wrote: Looking forward to reading your latest project when it is ready for uploading.

I'm working really hard on it, but my time on RR has made me such a perfectionist that I've thrown out an entire novel's worth of text. It'll be a while, but I don't think it'll be an impossibly long wait. When it does come out, I hope you enjoy!

I'm still following your story so I can get the update chapter when your new story is out. I realise you might also mention it on the Fancy Pants thread, but sometimes if there are too many messages, I might miss a post or two... sorry!

msng Wrote: On a slight tangent, I liked how even though you might not have always agreed with what I wrote our discourse remained civil!

Of course! 

msng Wrote: Good luck! I always thought it would be hard for completed stories to get much notice, as they won't appear on 'latest updates' on the home page, but your story seems to have found other ways to obtain new readers so well done on that!

It absolutely is difficult to get new readers past a certain point, but with time and effort, you can get folks to give it a look. I might benefit from the lower chapter count of my story, makes it easier for people to finish.

msng Wrote: I'm still following your story so I can get the update chapter when your new story is out. I realise you might also mention it on the Fancy Pants thread, but sometimes if there are too many messages, I might miss a post or two... sorry!

It'll be... a while. Trust me.

I'll try my best to let you know, though!