Re: Late introduction, but hullo!

Welcome! Tough writing or tough to be found on a site so huge? Or something else entirely? Either way, I get it, my main advice is to just focus on what you enjoy about the stories you're telling, because that will help keep things fun and to motivate you. Also don't be afraid to reach out on the forums, I can guarantee you that other writers will have felt the same things and are willing to share their experiences and tips and tricks.

Here's my usual copy-paste advice. A lot of it is related to visibility on RR, but there's some other useful things too.
  • Get your fiction link(s) into your signature (when approved). There's an auto generate but also some guides if you want to customise it. Also every forum post has a tick box to click to show it.
  • Visibility in RR is pretty decent, but don't expect lots of readers straight away. Readers here like longer works so the longer you've been posting the more readers you'll pick up.
  • Don't dump any backlog all at once, really you probably don't want to post more than one chapter a day, because that gives you maximium exposure via the latest updates page. But honestly you want a release schedule you can keep up without burning out. Readers like a consistent schedule. So be realistic about how much you can write, it doesn't matter how fast/slow that is, being consistent is most important imo.
  • Readers tend to be pretty quiet as well. So if you're specifically looking for feedback maybe head over to the reviewing subforum to organise some comment swaps.
  • Otherwise just nosey about the forums. Lots of social and writing discussions. Also the recommendations subforum has lots of good reads narrowed by specific tastes. Also there's a subforum within it for self promo.
  • Here's Gej's handy guide to RR's rep system. https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/109297
  • Writing a fiction is a lot of work. Don't be disheartened if you hit a block or stumble. If there's specific questions that are getting in your way, ask away in the forums. A lot of projects never see completion, so don't beat yourself up if that happens. It's all experience and there's only one way to get it. So write what you enjoy.
I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Welcome to the Forums. Here's the link Cinn mentioned https://www.royalroad.com/account/signature If you plan on being more active in the Forums, you should add a link to your story in your signature. Agree with writing being tough at times. Considering you only started posting your story 3 weeks ago I'm impressed with how much you've gotten posted. Couple of good reviews too. Well done. I wish you continued success. Good luck.

Tblewit Wrote:
Slaynoir Wrote: Hey there! I'm new too, so good luck! :D
Thank you! I hope you have good luck too. :)

Anytime you'd like to share stories have maybe have a review hook me up. I've PLENTY myself xDDD So many in fact I've actually have a bunch of notes everywhere on my computer lol My main series is pretty solid, just need to write the rest of the chapters really.