Re: Questions for Authors: What is your impression of a reader who comments in every chapter?

van Wrote: Hello. I've been a reader lurker lately and on some fictions, I get invested in, I would comment as I read along with the story. It's okay on popular fiction here coz they already have a good amount of comments. But some fictions I follow have few or no comments, at all. And I feel like I might be annoying the author with the notifications when it could be just me making notifs over and over again.

So I'm curious to the authors here, what is your impression to a reader that comments in every chapter? Do you appreciate it, or is it considered spamming already and should be discouraged?
Encouraged, very highly encouraged. Most definitely would love if someone did this, but unironically and didn't do it just to troll around with me.

The real question is about PM's. I've never gotten a PM based off of someone's enjoyment from my story but I think that'd be pretty awesome too.

Re: Questions for Authors: What is your impression of a reader who comments in every chapter?

world_wanderer Wrote: I have one and really appreciate his comments. He might not even know that after I release new chapter, I check for updates in the comments from readers to see their reactions.
His commenting is like a contribution to my story and I am glad that there re people who take care of it.
I know the feel, I got one reader who thanks me for each chapter. And some may see it as fluff, but for now, it's a nice thing to see a few hours or so after I upload.

Quote:What is your impression of a reader who comments in every chapter?
I like them when they're relevant. 

When someone comments on something that specifically happened in Chapter X and does their own speculation, or they ask questions about things I hint at, or offer feedback where I can tighten my writing, fuck yeah. 
Bitch, you get fucking repped, you get upvoted, you get responded to. 

"thanks for the chapter" or "first" is ignored. 

I like it. I have a lot of readers that comment on many chapters, quite frequently.

It shows me that they are invested in the story and its characters. Since my job is to weave an interesting plot in an interesting setting that is moved forward by fascinating events taken part in by interesting characters, readers who get invested show me that I'm doing my job right.

I also answer questions when things are unclear or if they guess something right quite early.

Like the true identity of Marco.