Re: Well, wouldn't you know it? I had another Story Dream.

AlexaLee Wrote: Ohhh! Interesting!! I would like more please! (Feeling very greedy but damn this story has gripped me!)
I indeed appreciate your admiration. I am very much in love with Adam and Eve, and like writing about their story. I find myself at my best when I write episodically, which means the next chapter is the end of Episode One of forever eve. There is an Episode Two, and I have a bit of Episode Three written as well, mosly just jumbled notes that certainly are not a story.

Rewriting and posting Episode One makes me think that my story dream (which started this thread as we know) is very much exactly what I have realized - it is the final episode to the love story of Adam and Eve and their unusual family. I can literally picture them in the massive field by the lone picnic table from my dream. Adam is flying a kite, or enjoying some other sort of personal hobby, while Eve and Autumn play with the flying saucer. Their youngest daughter, Tellus, quietly sits at the table, now being able to make her origami paper birds float in the air without any support.

It's fun writing about a couple of kids who grew up together on farms in the middle of nowhere. Most folks would think their life story would be as boring as dirt.

I hope I am proving that's not always the case. I grew up on a farm after all, and I think I am swell! ❤😸❤

ArDeeBurger Wrote:
AlexaLee Wrote: Ohhh! Interesting!! I would like more please! (Feeling very greedy but damn this story has gripped me!)
I indeed appreciate your admiration. I am very much in love with Adam and Eve, and like writing about their story. I find myself at my best when I write episodically, which means the next chapter is the end of Episode One of forever eve. There is an Episode Two, and I have a bit of Episode Three written as well, mosly just jumbled notes that certainly are not a story.

Rewriting and posting Episode One makes me think that my story dream (which started this thread as we know) is very much exactly what I have realized - it is the final episode to the love story of Adam and Eve and their unusual family. I can literally picture them in the massive field by the lone picnic table from my dream. Adam is flying a kite, or enjoying some other sort of personal hobby, while Eve and Autumn play with the flying saucer.  Their youngest daughter, Tellus, quietly sits at the table, now being able to make her origami paper birds float in the air without any support.

It's fun writing about a couple of kids who grew up together on farms in the middle of nowhere. Most folks would think their life story would be as boring as dirt.

I hope I am proving that's not always the case. I grew up on a farm after all, and I think I am swell! ❤😸❤

I'm in love with them too! If you decide to start posting that as a story on here I'll absolutely read it!! 

Oh, I love that ending!! How perfect  peolove

Good! Not at all boring! 

AlexaLee Wrote: I'm in love with them too! If you decide to start posting that as a story on here I'll absolutely read it!!
Gosh that is encouraging news. Thank you. I do find myself struggling to get the words out of my head, a burden furthered by the fact that I can literally see my stories in my head. 

I will post the last chapter of Episode One of forver eve very soon. I think you will find meeting Eve's dad to be a very interesting part of the story.

But first I must finish polishing my next chapter of the story I'm currently posting on Royal Road, called DOTS. It is one of the biggest chapters of the story, and very nearly the end of the fourth light novel of the series, The Book of ABSTINENCE, with The Book of CHASTITY coming next.

There's a lot of love on display between the characters in that story too. Sexy-schmexy is all I write! ❤😻❤

ArDeeBurger Wrote: Gosh that is encouraging news. Thank you. I do find myself struggling to get the words out of my head, a burden furthered by the fact that I can literally see my stories in my head. 

I will post the last chapter of Episode One of forver eve very soon. I think you will find meeting Eve's dad to be a very interesting part of the story.

But first I must finish polishing my next chapter of the story I'm currently posting on Royal Road, called DOTS. It is one of the biggest chapters of the story, and very nearly the end of the fourth light novel of the series, The Book of ABSTINENCE, with The Book of CHASTITY coming next.

There's a lot of love on display between the characters in that story too. Sexy-schmexy is all I write! ❤😻❤

Ohh I can't wait!! That will be interesting! Good luck with your writing!! 

(I may have to check out Dots...)

AlexaLee Wrote: (I may have to check out Dots...)
Here is a sneak peek at tonight's chapter!  

As Hank parked in the carriage house, Anna gawked at the many cars. "My gosh! That's a Puma XJ-12!"
     "Uh-huh. And an Aston Martin, and a Renault."
     "Who owns this stuff?"
     "Uh," Hank said, hesitating. "It's Milton's."
     Anna swung at Hank, hitting him hard on the shoulder. "I knew it! I knew you knew who he was!"
     "Not really. I mean, I only met him…"
     "The same day you met Rio," Anna finished, her voice seething with the certainty of knowledge. Hank turned off the engine but kept his hands the steering wheel, staring straight ahead. "Well?" she asked, demanding. "Take me to him."
     Hank gave Anna a huff that rivaled the best of hers. "Can I just talk?" he asked. "Can I say stuff without you talking back?" Her rapid blinking offered brief silence, so he took advantage. "Okay. Look. You and I, we're different. We are very different people, and that's good because then we can admire each other. We can be alike that way."
     Anna had held her tongue for as long as possible. "We're alike? Oh. And how so?"
     Tension pursed Hank's lips shut. He got out of the car and walked with Anna and Bumbles towards the garden path behind Milton's mansion.
     "We forgive people for what they do," Hank said after a while. "We offer comfort instead."
     Anna stopped walking and stood close to Hank. "You're acting weird and I'd like to know why."
     He stared at his feet, embarrassed. "At Asok's I knew everybody. You like helping too, and also know lots of people." Anna remained silent, so Hank continued softly. "We lead in ways we don't understand, but when things fall apart we are there for those who need us, standing tall and unshaken."
     Anna relented and somewhat agreed. "I don't let stuff bother me."
     "Me either."
     "Yes you do."
     "Well… I don't let being bothered by stuff bother me."
     She laughed at him lovingly. He stopped walking where the garden path disappeared into the chasm, washed out by the river having changed its course. Trees and shrubs and garden finery lay askew around its edges, tilted at odd angles by the force of a cruel world. The steps leading up to the sunroom looked broken, as the washout ate away the foundation.
     "What the hell happened here?" Anna asked.
     "Remember the seiche that took out the bridge? It's doing the same thing to Milton's estate."
     She peered over the edge of the chasm, down to the unending black. "Be careful," he said. "It will eat you alive."
     She turned her head to look sideways at him. "I'm not afraid of the dark."
     A second path circled the front of the mansion and, as Hank and Anna walked it, Bumbles sniffed at every brick and bush that lay between them and the redoubt. Upon turning the final corner, the laundry room window could be seen hanging open from two days ago.
     "This is where I rescued Bumbles. He was in the basement."
     "All alone?"
     Hank chose not to mention Rio's supposed bad guys. "I don't think anyone's been here for days."
     Anna looked through the window. "I see lights."
     "I guess there's emergency lighting, but everything else isn't working. It's like the power's been cut or something."
     She surveyed the grounds. "This place gives me the creeps. I don't like it one bit."
     Hank felt slightly sad. He realized how much he missed Milton. Not as much as Rio did, but he sure wished he could talk to the man.
     "Where's Milton?" Hank asked Bumbles. "Where did he go? Find him for us, Bumbles! Find Milton!"
     The dog tore off for the portico path that led to the conference lunch room. He soon was long gone.
     "He's happy to be home," Hank said about the dog. He tested the door to the redoubt. It was locked. "There's tons of stuff in there," he said.
     "You mean guns and bullets?"
     "Some of it. But mostly survival gear. Cots and food and things, like for a bomb shelter."
     Anna laid her palm on the door. "For when the world falls down," she said.
     "This is Rio"s place. It's how she stands tall."
     Anna now placed her palm on Hank. "Why are you with her?"
     He shrugged. "She needs me."
     "She has this place. And Leanne. And this Milton guy. Otoko. A billionaire."
     Hank spoke to Anna's hand, still upon his chest. "Milton's gone. Nobody knows where he is. That's why we have Bumbles. He disappeared, leaving behind everything."
     "Do you think he fell in the river?"
     Hank shook his head. "I think he left to force Rio to work with me."
     Anna used the hand she had on Hank to shove him away, "Not while I'm around, she doesn't."
     Hank defended his statement. "Aika said the same thing. She forced you to make Rio my PEP Sponsor."
     "Yeah. And I am your PEP Counselor, so I'm in charge of her. I'm the top dog around here."
     Hank led Anna into the the conference lunch room. It remained immaculate, despite being exposed to the weather. She marveled as she walked its perimeter, touching everything while heading towards the transverse hallway.
     Hesitantly, Hank brushed his hand across the surface of the white vending machine. "This is where I first met Milton," he said to it, as if it were an old friend.
     "And Rio," Anna reminded him, this time with only slight scorn.
     "Where did you go?" Hank asked the machine, as if he were talking to Milton.
     Bumbles barked from somewhere in the great hall. "Where did you go?" Hank asked again, only louder, this time calling for Anna and the dog.
     He made his way down the transverse hallway and entered the maze of artifacts in the great hall. "Where are you?" he called again.
     Anna didn't answer, but Bumbles gave a yip. Hank followed the sound to a full-size diorama of a traditional Japanese wedding, cordoned off with velvet ropes. Centered in the display was a mannequin wearing a bride's uchikake kimono. Two mannequins representing the bride's mother and mother-in-law were dressed in tomesode and stood in the back. The central mannequin had its arms extended, showing how the sleeves of the kimono nearly touched the floor. They were decorated with noh theater masks and the faces of painted geishas. A half-dozen kanzashi hairpins made to look like swords were laden with flowers and skewered into mannequin's wig to serve as a bridal headpiece.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F5fhmjU6.jpg

The wig nearly toppled off as Anna wrestled with the mannquin to remove the kimono. "My butt is freezing," she said before Hank could ask any questions. She was wearing the thin pastel tunic Leanne had given her yesterday, so she wrapped the bridal kimono around her body for its added warmth.
     She poked her arms through the sleeves. "How do I look?" she asked with a bright smile, posing like the now naked mannequin.
     Although stunned into being silent, Hank had to admit Anna looked gorgeous. She twirled to make the sleeves spiral around her body.
     "Should I also put on the headpiece?" she asked, working to dislodge the hairpins. Finding it to be too much work, she approached Hank and stepped over the ropeline.
     "If Milton can give you a car," she said as she strode past, "he can give me this."
     She retraced her steps back to the lunch room, running her hands along the appliances and countertops. "Everything is so damn white," she griped. "What's the deal with that?"
     She stopped at the blank vending machine. "And what's this all about?" she asked, her interest piqued.
     "Press a button," Hank said, hoping and waiting.
     Anna hugged the monster, a princess in its clutches. Not a damsel in distress, but a warrior. Fierce and strong.
     "I hear it humming," she said.
     "See if it works."
     With her ear pressed to the machine, Anna eyed its six buttons. Slowly, she chose one. As she lay motionless, Hank blasted her with his thoughts.
    Do it. Make it work. 

❤😻❤

Here is the final chapter of the first Episode of forver eve.

CHAPTER FIVE - Autumnal Equinox

"I gotta see what he wants," Eve said, mostly to herself. "If he comes in here, people will get hurt."
     Adam's eyes and lips moved as he fought to find something to say. When no words came out, Eve left him, slack-jawed and staring at her. She worked her way down from the rafters. As she descended, she spoke, either to herself or to Adam.
    "Everybody's got guns. They've been drinking. Tons. If Dad comes in here, it'll get ugly."
     Adam caught up with Eve, grabbing her at a point where doing so wouldn’t cause either of them to tumble to the floor far below. "He'll kill you,” he said once he’d gained her attention. “Sure as he did Richie."
     Eve shook her head, trembling. Although there was panic in her eyes, her voice was resolute. "Those bats killed Richie. Not my dad. He didn't come here to kill me. He wants to make a statement. I think, anyway."
     "Yeah! I wanna kill you all!"
     Eve took a calming breath, touching Adam tenderly. "Crow, who else is there like me? Anywhere at all? I’ve been saying stuff like, ‘The trees have to stay in the ground,’ and, ‘My dad is with us but you can't see him,’ all my life. I never knew why I say those things.” She paused, holding Adam with both hands on his shoulders. “Now the trees are falling down, and my dad is here. And everybody knows it, not just me."
     "But...you don't know that’s your dad. You don't know what he wants."
     Eve's smile never looked more beautiful to Adam. Her hands shook as she caressed his cheeks with them.
     "There's something wrong with me," she said.
     "No there's not!"
     "I'm different. I'm not right. Like, in the head and all. And now that I'm in love, and no longer a virgin, I feel so all-grown-up. I can see more why that is."
     Upon hearing Eve profess her love for him, Adam gave up on holding back tears.
    "My dad left me for a reason. And he’s come back for that very same reason. There's something wrong with me."
     Eve resumed her descent, giving Adam a little shove to throw him off balance so she could get away. Distancing herself from him, she found a side door to the shed and disappeared.
     Adam soon stood on the floor, staring at the door while clutching the pistols tucked into the lining of his jacket. He paced in little circles, his face twisting with emotion. Finally, he hit the door twice with the butt of a pistol, emitting a wordless scream.
     "Hey! What are you doing?" a partygoer asked, taking note of him.
     "He's gonna open the door!"
     "No way! Keep it shut!"
     As the mob surged towards him, with the scream still in his throat, Adam opened the door and went after Eve. Instantly, he was besieged by bats. He fired randomly at them, hitting one or more with each shot, due simply to their numbers. They soon had his jacket pulled over his head, clawing and biting him through the thin shirt on his back. 
     He went into barrel rolls on the ground, firing until both clips were empty. He then let go of the guns, allowing the bats to remove his jacket. A couple of spare clips fell from its pockets, and he managed to recover a clip and one of the pistols. Scrambling blindly, with his head tucked to his knees, he got the clip into the gun. Instantly, he fell to the ground, tumbling to face backwards while emptying the clip into the cloud of bats above him. Rolling, tumbling and scrambling on all fours, Adam made it through the broken double doors of the shed next door. 
     Inside, there was not a single bat to be found. There was however, centered in a clearing on the concrete, a man who stood seven feet tall. He was built like an athlete, with an insane amount of teeth behind his smile. His arms and hands and fingernails all were way too long, and his shoulders heaved as he seemed to pant and laugh at the same time.
     Adam, in a heap before the man, let his eyes travel down the length of one of the man’s arms. There at its end, with fingernails like a hackling comb, the man held Eve fully by the face.
     Her body from her hips down lay motionless on the ground.  The man leaned towards Adam, his lips moving in all the wrong ways as he spoke.
     "Hello, Son," he said, with creaks and snaps in his voice. "How have you been enjoying my daughter?"
     Adam was beyond the capacity for words while the man spoke.
     "Just so you know, you've got me all wrong." Eve's dad struck a grandiose pose. "I'm the good guy here."
     "I seriously doubt that's the case," Adam managed to say, his body frozen to the ground.
     The man leaned in a bit more, gesturing with menace. As he did, Eve's body scraped along the concrete like a gunny sack full of rocks.
     "Don't interrupt your elders," the man said. "I didn't choose to leave this whelp with her mom, you know. That witch forced me to. We had, let’s say, a difference of opinion."
     Adam pulled himself together, sitting in a fetal position. "You’re hurting her,” he said.
     The man examined his hold on Eve’s face. "What? This? Ah, she'll be fine. She's not like normal folk, you know. She’s tough."
     "I know. She says so all the time."
     "Did she ever tell you she was supposed to be the Antichrist?"
     Eve's dad paused, letting the drama sink in. He then gestured theatrically, causing Eve to flop about.
     "Oh yes! That witch tricked me. She wasn't interested in love and family, and good things like that." The man stuck his face into Adam's, causing Adam to scoot backwards on his butt. "She wanted a boy! A monster!” He shook Eve by the face in Adam's direction. "This little lady was meant to bring forth Armageddon!”
     "Again, I seriously doubt that," Adam said at a whisper, his eyes never leaving Eve.
     The man straightened up, pleased by the fact Adam had said something. "That's right! She's not! I have tricks up my sleeve, too! I gave that witch a daughter. Ha! A girl can’t be the Antichrist! And I refuse to sire another child with my wife, ever again!" He leaned in for comedic purposes. "It ain't been easy, Kid, I'll tell ya. Have you seen this little girl’s mom? She's gorgeous!"
     Adam chose not to speak.
     "She didn't like that much, getting a daughter instead of a son. But I found things were better if I just left well enough alone. Without me in the picture, the old witch seemed happy, raising little Eve.
     "You see, Son, I like the world the way it is. I like letting people have hope before they suffer. What kind of torment can I deliver if all hope is lost? How am I supposed to get people to do evil, and then make them regret it, if they have no hope? That's where the meat is in sending folks to Hell. Make'em think they got a shot at Redemption."
     Adam felt he had to speak, before the man shook Eve hard enough to break her neck. "What’s that got to do with her?"
     "You're interrupting again, but that's okay. Sometimes I talk too much. Her mom was still leading me on, you see. She wasn't really happy being a mom. The way she figured it, if she couldn't birth the Antichrist, she’d have our daughter do it. A bastard, born out of wedlock, conceived by Lust and Sin."
     Adam's mouth hung open at the thought. This pleased the man to no end, and he gestured wildly, shaking Eve’s limp body.
     “Oh yes! Now you see it, too! Get my daughter all liquored up, and steal her virginity in the dead of night. Kinda thought it'd be all in good fun, didn't ya? Now with your seed in her, she'll calve a son that’ll bring forth Armageddon!”
     The man stepped over Adam, purposely making him flinch while making his exit. "You don't really know that," Adam said, guessing.
     “I don’t have to! That witch led me on for years, making me think everything’s on the up and up. When all along, she'd just been waiting for our grandson to be born." The man let Eve’s body strike Adam as he passed, to get Adam to turn around and look at him. “I didn't get that witch pregnant just so she could destroy this filthy world I love. So me and my daughter here, we'll just live together from now on. That way, I can keep a closer eye on things."
     The man began crossing the Paullson’s driveway, dragging Eve by the death grip he had on her face. "See ya later, Son! Sorry that you won't get the chance to do my daughter again."
     As he made his way around the fallen trees and farm equipment parked outside, the double doors of the second shed flew open. "Let go of her!" Richie Paulsson's brother said, taking a point-blank rifle shot at the man's face.
     With inhuman speed, Eve's dad dodged a shot meant for the space between his eyes. But for other shots sent his way, he was not so lucky. He took a face full of birdshot, giving him a wound that was painful yet superficial. Another did far worse damage. A deer slug shattered his elbow, and Eve's body fell to the ground.
    Then the bats descended. The firefight raged for just seconds, but the carnage was intense. A second round of birdshot struck Eve's dad in the chest and he reeled. The partygoers soon fared much worse. Limbs and faces were chewed off with stark efficiency. Most shots were now fired at the bats, or randomly in the air, and the scales of battle tipped in favor of the man.
   Then taking careful aim, Richie's brother blew the man’s crippled arm off, clean at the elbow. With a bellow that shook the dust from the Earth, Eve's dad screamed. As if the jet stream descended on a polar clipper, everything -- people, bats, weapons, even the trees and farm equipment, fell victim to the wind. In the moment of silence that followed, one word came from the man's twisted lips, as if borne on the wind itself.
     "Enough!"
     The few still left with their limbs were no more able to carry on the fight than those struggling to stay alive without them.
     "Give me what I want and I'll leave you alone!" the man yelled. His gaze panned his adversaries, daring one to move. "I’ve come to save your miserable world from this slut! She exists for one purpose only -- to birth Satan!" 
     He menaced those finding enough bravery in their souls to challenge him. "Do you wish to die? All of you? Every person in the world? If not, then this bitch must never bear children! Or she’ll calve a son, and he shall be the Antichrist!"
     He gave them his most menacing sneer, his teeth as long and spindly as the fingernails on his one good hand. "Which of you wishes to see Armageddon? The spawn of this whore shall bring it!" He turned, pained and limping, to retrieve Eve's lifeless body. "I am taking her with me, to save your stupid world. Now leave me be, or die."
     Struggling with the weight of his daughter’s body, the man labored at dragging her by the face with his remaining arm. He barely had time to react as, from the adjacent shed, what appeared to be no more than a blur charged at him full-force.
     He didn't realize who was holding the pitchfork until it pierced his abdomen. The two stumbled and screamed as one, as Adam backed up Eve’s dad until he had the man pinned against the shed. Though the man topped out at seven feet, Adam was only a half foot shorter and had two good arms to work with. Eve’s dad could do little as Adam drove his weapon home.
     Still screaming, Adam raised the man to his toes, scraping him along the steel siding of the shed. The man gasped for breath as Adam turned, now holding the pitchfork handle high over his head. After a bracing breath, Adam went into a squat.
     Just before falling flat on his face, Adam drove the man’s head overhand into the ground. A sickening crunch meant that his neck did not survive the impact and like his daughter, the man went limp. As Adam ground the tines more into his body, the ground around him cracked. A chasm opened and Eve's dad plummeted into the darkness, with Adam soon behind. 
     Adam released the pitchfork, but to no avail. He found himself scrambling along the walls of the chasm, trying to find footholds or handholds. The more he fought to escape, the more the earth gave way. At the point when all hope was lost, a familiar hand grabbed him by the wrist. He looked up into the bloodied face of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. 
     "Hang on, 'Crow!" Eve called down to her lover. "I got you!"

“Breathe, Pumpkin. Breathe like this. In, and then blow out. In, and then blow out.”
     “Just one more push," the obstetrician said.
     “Okay, Pumpkin. Take a breath… and push!”
     The cry of a newborn baby pierced the room. "Is it okay?" Eve asked as soon as she could, sounding breathless. "Is everything okay?"
     Adam patted her hand reassuringly. He was having a hard time deciding which way to smile first. So as he played with his wife’s wedding ring, he smiled at his baby.
     He then smiled at Eve. “Everything is fine, Love. You did great. He again played with her wedding ring, clinking it against his own.
     “Huh.” Eve gasped, throwing her head onto her pillow with exhaustion. “How about that?”
     "Happy birthday, Pumpkin. What are the odds, hey? Giving birth to our child on the same day as your birthday?”
     "Yeah.” Eve tried to laugh, but couldn’t. “That'll save on cakes, huh?” She then managed to raise her head, squeezing Adam’s hand as hard as she did.
     “Can we name her Autumn?” she asked.
     Adam kissed his wife on her forehead. “Autumn is the perfect name for our daughter,” he said.

THE END!

AlexaLee Wrote: Fair enough! I like that answer :)
Thank you. Me too. Here is the beginning of the first chapter of Episode Two.

CHAPTER SIX - Mother Earth

It seemd Eve had barely finished nursing Autumn when she became pregnant again.
     “Do you want to know the sex of your baby?” the obstetrics nurse asked during one of Eve’s ultrasounds.
     Adam and Eve spoke in unison. “Yes!”
     The nurse pointed to a spot on her monitor, swiveling it around so Eve could see. “See this? That’s a femur. She moved the pad around on Eve’s tummy, fiddling with the controls. “Here’s the other leg… and that’s a hip.”
     Adam learned how to decipher the blobs and swirls of an ultrasound during Eve's first pregnancy. His experience with her father two years ago on New Year's Eve filled him with a desire to do so.
     “I don’t see a pee-pee,” he said, squeezing Eve’s hand.
     The nurse pursed her lips. “Nope. I don’t either.”
     Eve craned far forward, disturbing the image on the monitor. “Is it a girl?”
     “Hold still,” the nurse said kindly. “I’ll take a picture.”
     The photo she produced was definitive. “It looks like a girl,” Adam said, smiling at Eve’s full moon face.
     Eve let her head fall back with a thud. “Oh, thank God,” she said, relieved.

To soothe his wife when they got home, Adam whipped up a stew with the kapamá chicken left over from last night. His concern grew when Eve only picked at her plate. She spent most of the time mashing orzo into bits, to see if Autumn would eat them.
     “Were you able to keep this down last night?” Adam asked Eve.
     “Oh,” Eve said with distraction while feeding their baby. “It’s okay.”
     Soon after Eve’s dad had destroyed Richie Paulsson’s New Year’s Eve party, the newlywed couple moved to a place far from South Dakota. Adam held great respect for Eve’s instincts after that night, no matter how crazy they seemed. They ended up in a small city in Indiana before Eve was finally able to relax.
     “This is the wrong Delphi,” she said soon after Autumn was born.
     Moving to Greece was much harder than moving to Indiana. Adam found working in olive groves and vineyards more difficult than farming corn and sorghum. This forced Eve to spent many hours alone with her first baby, battling morning sickness while carrying her second.
     Adam put down his fork during their dinner. “There’s something wrong,” he said knowingly. Eve sighed, telling Adam he was right. “You’re not nearly as relieved over our second baby being a girl as you were with Autumn. Are you afraid of your mom and dad?”
     The fact that mountains in this part of the world kept evil in the ground eased Eve’s mind greatly. There was no need to monitor mountains, as she had to with the trees of South Dakota.
     “It’s not my mom,” Eve shot back defensively. “Dad lied about her.”
     “I know. I just…”
     Hormones got the better of Eve. “No you don’t! You don’t know! How can you? Even I don’t!”
     “Pumpkin, I’m sorry.”
     “My dad was the bad guy, okay? He killed Richie Paulsson, and the others, and hurt a bunch more.”
     “Yes, Dear.”
     Eve sighed, feeling sorry. “It’s not good that Dad’s in the ground. You know? That’s where the evil is. He should be in the sky, where he can't do any harm.”
     Adam only stared, concerned and with love for his wife.
     “That’s where bats come from,” Eve said next, to sound less crazy. "Right? From the ground."
     “Do you think there are bats here?”
     Eve snapped. “Bats are everywhere! What, you think they're only in South Dakota?”
     “No. Of course not. Look, you’re upset. We’re upsetting Autumn. Let’s talk after dinner.”
     In bed that night, Adam massaged Eve’s sore feet. He kissed her toes whenever she sighed. Still, she seemed concerned, despite his attention and love.
     “I’m really afraid, Crow,” she said between sighs and kisses.
     “Of what?”
     “I’m afraid for our daughter. The one that is in me.”
     Adam took everything his wife said seriously. “Do you think she will harm you?”
     Eve shook her head. “Un-huh. I think she’ll break my heart.”
     Adam stopped rubbing Eve’s feet to cuddle her close. He rubbed her shoulder blades while they hugged.
     “Oh, don’t say that,” he said. “You’re a wonderful mother. She’ll love you so much.”
     Eve nearly started to cry. Her second pregnancy was turning out to be much harder than her first. “I know! I just... I don’t think I’ll be able to keep her! I think she’ll… I don’t know.” Eve broke down and sobbed.
     “What, Honey? You think she'll what?”
     “I think I’ll lose her!”
     Adam held Eve tight, until she stopped shaking. “Whatever happens, we’ll stay strong.”
     Eve sniffled greatly, burying her face in her husband's chest. “Okay.”
     “I won’t let you lose her.”
     Sounding unconvinced, Eve spoke again. “Okay. I… I want to name her. Now, just in case.”
     “Of course. That sounds great.”
     “Can we name her Tellus?” To Adam’s silence, Eve added, “It’s like, Greek or something.”
     “I’ve never heard it. Where did you get it?”
     Eve sobbed harder, despite her strong will. “I don’t know! I just… I want her to be Tellus.”
     “Are you sure that’s a name?”
     Eve used insolence to keep from crying. “Of course it's a name! I wouldn’t give our daughter a fake name.”
     Adam resumed kissing Eve, doing so in all the right places. “Whatever you want is okay with me.”
     Eve finally hugged Adam back. Hard. “I love you so much!” she called out loud, causing Autumn to coo from her crib in the room next door.
     “Shh!” Adam said with a laugh. “I love you too,” he whispered into his wife's ear.

Ah!  More KAWAII!  AHH!! ❤😻❤

M.J. Wrote: I feel for you. I have story dreams all the time. It's what fuels most of my creativity but alas, I don't have the time to write every story that comes to mind.
You have? No kidding? How cool is that? They aren't like other dreams, you know, where you're just doing random stuff, or the images are not connected. Story dreams are like a movie.

The one I had before this one -- several months ago -- I got to see the whole thing because nothing woke me up. It was a way cool Dieslpunk ghost love story, where people take vacations on trains as big as cruise ships. The story centers on a husband and wife and their two kids -- a boy of about seventeen and his sister who is ten.

Twenty years ago, when they weren't married, the couple were on another cruise train with the wife's best friend, a woman named Roxanne. She was the only character who had a name that I can remember, although I think on that train twenty years ago, there was another ten year old girl whose name was Sofie.

That train had a horrible crash, and Roxanne and Sofie died. The wife knows that her husband back then was going to ask Roxanne to marry him, even though he had met his wife first. There even was a really cute flashback scene of when the man first met Roxanne, on the coolest Dieslpunk bus you ever saw. The bus was huge, like the trains, but it wasn't moving. It was parked at a festival where the man was on board with a bunch of other scientists and wacky inventors.

The wife was on board too, but they were just friends back then. The man is inventing some sort of hand held refrigeration device using hydrogen peroxide. It's kind of weird, because I didn't really know this at the time, but hydrogen peroxide gas is used to keep air conditioners from stinking and creating toxic mold and bacteria. Anyway, this guy's invention starts leaking gas like crazy, threatening the lives of everyone on the bus. So he throws it out a window, but it still is gassing everyone.

So they decide to move the bus to a different spot at the festival. The wife leaves because she is an aerialist and her act is coming up, and the man goes back to where he tossed his invention, to see if it's done leaking. He can see the woman who is to be his wife one day performing, and she is so beautiful in her costume high up in the air. But what he really takes great notice of is this rather plain looking woman dressed so very chic. She's wearing a puffy oversized yellow top and purple pants, and a raspberry colored beret (eat your heart out, Prince)

Massive strawberry blonde hair spills out everywhere, and the man is smitten. Somehow he gets to meet the woman, and he finds out she is his wife-to-be's best friend from childhood, named Roxanne. The trio become inseperable, and the man intends to ask Roxanne to marry him while they are on the train that crashes, and instead she dies before he can ask her.

So anyway, the story just goes on and on. The man marries the aerialist, they have their kids and it is twenty years later, and although only the wife knows this, they are today riding on the repaired train that crashed when Roxanne died. Sofie died on this train too, twenty years ago, and her dad is on vacation now on this train too, the same as the family of four, commemorating the loss of his daughter way back then.

I could write about this dream all day! I have like, ten or fifteen thousand words I wrote as notes and such, to help me remember it, as there are so many plotlines and different scenes, including a cool machine that gives you truffles when you put in a coin, a scene where the ten year old daughter is playing with toys and another where she's drawing pictures, a guy who is  ghost-buster sort of fellow scientist, and the fact that the repaired train has one less engine, so there is a massive and very fancy stateroom you can now rent out where the old engine used to be.

There even is a music video, which was Roxanne's favorite, that plays at a key time near the end of the story. I even know the title of the made-up song that plays - A Time Not Far Away.

OMG. It is such a lovely scene when the music video plays. All the plotlines come together, and of course the dream soon ends. I won't give away the ending, but it is beautiful, it is poignant, and everyone now believes that not only was Roxanne the most wonderful person who has ever lived, but even as a ghost she is still the very best of friends.

I literally cry when I think about the ending. And that scene with the crazy bus full of inventors and Roxanne in her raspberry beret with her best friend doing aerialist stunts is so gosh darn cute. Despite being dumpy looking and really rather plain, Roxanne is just that special of a person to everyone who knows her.

ArDeeBurger Wrote:
M.J. Wrote: I feel for you. I have story dreams all the time. It's what fuels most of my creativity but alas, I don't have the time to write every story that comes to mind.
You have? No kidding? How cool is that? They aren't like other dreams, you know, where you're just doing random stuff, or the images are not connected. Story dreams are like a movie.

Mine aren't quite that in-depth, or if they are I don't remember them when I wake up. At most I remember a few plot points. It's one of the reasons I decided to start writing. Sometimes I wish my writing was on par with my dreams though.

M.J. Wrote: Mine aren't quite that in-depth, or if they are I don't remember them when I wake up. At most I remember a few plot points. It's one of the reasons I decided to start writing. Sometimes I wish my writing was on par with my dreams though.
Well, like I said -- what you gotta do is hurry up and write your dreams down. Don't worry about spelling or punctuation, or even proper sentence structure -- just get words written down. You'll find hidden context in them when you see the words, and you'll piece together scenes and characters, and see how things interact.

Dreams are fluid and nonlinear, and often make little sense at first. But if you work hard to remember them and write them down, not only will you have more and better story dreams, but you'll be better able to piece them together organize the timeline and fill in the holes.

And good luck! ❤😸❤