Re: How would you fair if you are thrown into your story?

StgBria Wrote:
Noisz Wrote: Well, to enter my story, I need to die...Which, in itself, sucks. Otherwise, I think I can manage somehow. As it is a survival novel with different game types, the question is will I survive until I can meet an ally to complement my weaknesses.

That's true as well for me on one of my stories, and I was considering that. I just might kill myself to get things rolling.

At least, even if you don't succeed in entering your story, you won't be aware, nor will you mind it.

I’d end up dead in Vile. I’d end up dead and reanimated in Slither. 

My fate in Kindred would be up to the readers as the story is interactive. Knowing them, I might end up being forced to go on an adventure to a dangerous location where I would most definitely succumb to death unless they stacked the adventuring party with healers and tanks. Like Tema who fills both rolls. 

My story takes place in Japan, and I don't speak Japanese, so probably not too well...

But at least it's not like some... awful fantasy world or post-apocalyptic hellscape where I'd probably starve or get myself murdered. The protagonist is even fluent in English, so there's someone I'd be able to talk to, although I doubt we'd ever meet in person. I'd probably be just some passerby or civilian in the grand scheme of things. I'm not exactly an outgoing person.

Pretty decently for me.  It's a 1000 years into the post post-apoc future magi-tech world with twists on modern sensibilities.  I'd have to catch up on a lot of the tech, but could probably get work as a historical consultant at one of the many organizations.  Study up on magic, take advantage of the health care, and maybe do some low-risk adventuring side jobs.  Work my way up from there.

Noisz Wrote:
StgBria Wrote:
Noisz Wrote: Well, to enter my story, I need to die...Which, in itself, sucks. Otherwise, I think I can manage somehow. As it is a survival novel with different game types, the question is will I survive until I can meet an ally to complement my weaknesses.

That's true as well for me on one of my stories, and I was considering that. I just might kill myself to get things rolling.

At least, even if you don't succeed in entering your story, you won't be aware, nor will you mind it.

Lots of assumptions here. 

It really depends who I am in the story, and more importantly, where I live. My story revolves around the conflict between two major factions in a pretty chaotic war, but as long as I lived in some other minor faction or in an isolated town, I guess I can avoid all the death and destruction. Now, if I was a combatant in one of the two factions, though, I can guarantee I'll be one of those poor soldiers who get blown up by artillery fire, killed by a guy who can't even see the battlefield in the first place. Even worse if I fight alongside/against the mc. I'll either die trying to kill him, or die as collateral damage fighting with him. Give me all the protection the world has to offer, and I'll still die in one shot.