Re: 1st Person, 3rd Person Limited, or 3rd Person Omniscient?

I really like writing in first person, with the added spice of present tense. There's a few times that I've done third person past tense and it felt a bit stilted - but that's probably because I've gotten used to first person. I think that first person really lets the descriptions and narration pull double duty and inform the reader about the personality of the main character.
When I'm reading, the tense and perspective is usually invisible to me unless it really clashes with the intentions of the writing.

1st person if I want to feel the character I'm writing. I usually use this when the story is more main character driven.

3rd person limited if I want to follow along a story from the viewpoint of a character without living the character. I usually use this when the story itself isn't as main character driven, and focuses more on the story aspect.

I'm pretty sure I use 3rd person omniscient only for those quirky "interlude" chapters where we take a glimpse at other characters that aren't the main character. Other than that I don't use it anywhere else.

I feel like a lot of it comes down to scope.
Personally, I am and have always been a fan of 3rd person omniscient, but 3rd person limited has its uses too, and for projects that aren't massive and sprawling it tends to work quite nicely.
In terms of 1st person however, I tend to avoid it. I'll write in it every now and then to challenge myself, but usually when I read other things in 1st person they aren't good and the POV is a big factor for the quality.

Both for reading and writing I have a preference for third-person limited, though regarding writing it sometimes depends on the story itself and what perspective works best for what I'm trying to convey. In general though I've always had the third-person preference even as a kid, I can't say why exactly other than I guess I just don't like being that "close" to a character, if that makes sense? I want to see what a character goes through but not necessarily be in their shoes, I guess.

As I've gotten older I've gotten more okay with reading first-person though, and sometimes prefer it if it gives interesting insight into a character's thoughts. As an example, I recently read the book Alice Isn't Dead after also checking out the first few episodes of the original podcast version of the story. The podcast version is narrated in first-person as it's the main character herself recounting the story's events herself, so it's interesting to see how she rambles on about different topics and how she thinks of things. Meanwhile, the book version switches to third-person and keeps a lot of the same text and dialogue as narration or the character's unspoken internal thoughts, but it just doesn't... feel quite the same. I didn't care for that change in that context.