Re: Looking for stories with a commoner-noble dynamic

I’m not sure how to articulate this but I’m looking for a story where the disparity between commoners and nobles is obvious. Something relatively tame like Knight and Smith where the first few chapters just explain how peasants and nobles are segregated.

Or more extreme like Returner’s Magic is Special where there’s active systemic discrimination from nobles towards commoners. Either is fine but I’d like the genre to be high fantasy / not historical fiction.

Re: Looking for stories with a commoner-noble dynamic

Cearius Wrote: I’m not sure how to articulate this but I’m looking for a story where the disparity between commoners and nobles is obvious. Something relatively tame like Knight and Smith where the first few chapters just explain how peasants and nobles are segregated.

Or more extreme like Returner’s Magic is Special where there’s active systemic discrimination from nobles towards commoners. Either is fine but I’d like the genre to be high fantasy / not historical fiction.

Do you want the story to be about the social class dynamic? Or just have it in the background? If the latter, what kind of story are you looking for?