Re: New to Royal Road!

Welcome. Totally agree with the above advice. Someone will normally be along with wome links for the signature.

Some other copy pasted RR advice:
  • Visibility in RR is pretty decent, but don't expect lots of readers straight away. Readers here like longer works so the longer you've been posting the more readers you'll pick up.
  • Don't dump any backlog all at once, really you probably don't want to post more than one chapter a day, because that gives you maximium exposure via the latest updates page. But honestly you want a release schedule you can keep up without burning out. Readers like a consistent schedule.
  • Readers tend to be pretty quiet as well. So if you're specifically looking for feedback maybe head over to the reviewing subforum to organise some comment swaps.
  • Otherwise just nosey about the forums. Lots of social and writing discussions. Also the recommendations subforum has lots of good reads narrowed by specific tastes. Also there's a subforum within it for self promo.
I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience.

Welcome to Royal Road. Lots of great advice already, but I'll add a little more. The FAQ's under Support provides a good overview of the site. Being active in the Forums and commenting on stories you read are the best ways to interact with the community. I hope you enjoy it here and that your work attracts many readers. Good luck.

Fin Wrote: Lots of really helpful advise! Also, MSNG, you have a really pretty border.   peoeyesparkle
On another note, these emojis are totally adorable!  peoblush
Thanks. The borders you have access to are based on what rep level you are at. You can also choose what border to use by changing your settings (https://www.royalroad.com/user/borders), otherwise it will use the default to your rep level or whether you are premium member or not.

And I really like the site emojis too!   peolove