Re: A wild writer has appeared!

Sup guys, I'm the writer of Rise of the Last Star, a new novel. I've only just actually joined RR, in spite of having lurked here and read a few stories some years back. Consider this a short introduction. I'm mostly into original fantasy and korean novels, as they seem to be the most original ones.  Recent work I've really enjoyed is SCOG, but I'm also keeping up with Chrysalis and Overgeared. Apart from those, I've also read a bunch and dropped others too.

I'd like to ask, what do you guys want to see the most in a new novel?

Welcome

Here's some unsolicited RR advice:
  • Get your fiction links into your signature. There's an auto generate but also some guides if you want to customise it.
  • Visibility in RR is pretty decent, but don't expect lots of readers straight away. Readers here like longer works so the longer you've been posting the more readers you'll pick up.
  • Don't dump any backlog all at once, really you probably don't want to post more than one chapter a day, because that gives you maximium exposure via the latest updates page. But honestly you want a release schedule you can keep up without burning out. Readers like a consistent schedule.
  • Readers tend to be pretty quiet as well. So if you're specifically looking for feedback maybe head over to the reviewing subforum to organise some comment swaps.
  • Otherwise just nosey about the forums. Lots of social and writing discussions. Also the recommendations subforum has lots of good reads narrowed by specific tastes. Also there's a subforum within it for self promo.
I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience.

Ayer12 Wrote: Sup guys, I'm the writer of Rise of the Last Star, a new novel. I've only just actually joined RR, in spite of having lurked here and read a few stories some years back. Consider this a short introduction. I'm mostly into original fantasy and korean novels, as they seem to be the most original ones.  Recent work I've really enjoyed is SCOG, but I'm also keeping up with Chrysalis and Overgeared. Apart from those, I've also read a bunch and dropped others too.

*Everyone else greeting and giving advice.*

Val: *Throws Master Ball.*

Seriously, read the title. 🐕

Cinn Wrote: Welcome

Here's some unsolicited RR advice:
  • Get your fiction links into your signature. There's an auto generate but also some guides if you want to customise it.
  • Visibility in RR is pretty decent, but don't expect lots of readers straight away. Readers here like longer works so the longer you've been posting the more readers you'll pick up.
  • Don't dump any backlog all at once, really you probably don't want to post more than one chapter a day, because that gives you maximium exposure via the latest updates page. But honestly you want a release schedule you can keep up without burning out. Readers like a consistent schedule.
  • Readers tend to be pretty quiet as well. So if you're specifically looking for feedback maybe head over to the reviewing subforum to organise some comment swaps.
  • Otherwise just nosey about the forums. Lots of social and writing discussions. Also the recommendations subforum has lots of good reads narrowed by specific tastes. Also there's a subforum within it for self promo.
I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience.
Thank you for the advice! Thanks to the others who mentioned the signature too, I'll look into it. As for the readers, I don't really hold any expectations. Whatever happens, happens. I just hope I can keep writing without encountering too much writer's block or burning out. Honestly, I don't have experience writing such long stories as webnovels usually are, so fingers crossed. I'll indeed fumble about to find some stuff to read in my free time, thanks for all the suggestions, guys

Edge Wrote:
Ayer12 Wrote: Sup guys, I'm the writer of Rise of the Last Star, a new novel. I've only just actually joined RR, in spite of having lurked here and read a few stories some years back. Consider this a short introduction. I'm mostly into original fantasy and korean novels, as they seem to be the most original ones.  Recent work I've really enjoyed is SCOG, but I'm also keeping up with Chrysalis and Overgeared. Apart from those, I've also read a bunch and dropped others too.

*Everyone else greeting and giving advice.*

Val: *Throws Master Ball.*

Seriously, read the title. 🐕
lol well played good sir, well played indeed

msng Wrote: have a fairly eclectic mix of what I like in stories. References to pop culture being one of them. I want to be the very best, like no one ever was!
😂

Then you gotta capture all of the readers...🐕

Which will be impossible, since they keep cutting content each and every fricking generation, making it next to impossible. Hell, it is currently impossible to complete.  DrakanNo

Edge Wrote:
msng Wrote: have a fairly eclectic mix of what I like in stories. References to pop culture being one of them. I want to be the very best, like no one ever was!
😂

Which will be impossible, since they keep cutting content each and every fricking generation, making it next to impossible. Hell, it is currently impossible to complete.  DrakanNo
I know!  DrakanAngry

And I started out with the original 150 when you just needed to know someone with the other game version. They learnt how to game us all too well...  DrakanSigh

msng Wrote:
Edge Wrote:
😂

I know!  DrakanAngry

And I started out with the original 150 when you just needed to know someone with the other game version. They learnt how to game us all too well...  DrakanSigh
Indeed, by the way. If you do want to play a monster catching game, that you can catch all that are available within the game. As well as a properly constructed story, try Nexomon. There are three games. 

Micromon—> Mobile

Nexmon—> Mobile/Computer. Not sure if it is on other platforms.

Nexomon: Extinction—> Switch, Play Station 4/5, etc.

It is a series, and the timeline is consistent.