Re: How would your character react after meeting you, the author?

Will go for my throat. Definitely.

My main character, for one, will instantly try to kill me. There are only 2 characters that won't want to kill me. One is a psychopath that thinks the System Apocalypse and finding out that monsters exist is the best thing in the world while the other just doesn't give a fuck. When you've caused the apocalypse and given them a messed up past, it takes a special kind of chill person or psycho to not hate you.

Quinn: 
"So you made me?"

Me:
"Yes?"

Quinn: 
-nods- "So you also made my Mother?"

Me:
"That's kind of how these things work"

Quinn:
-nods- "So you could kill her?"

Me:
"Sure, I could. But instead I am paying for your therapy"

Quinn: -frowns- "Therapy, for what?"

Me: 
"You're a broken child, now I am setting you up an appointment"

------------------------------------

Magi:
".....so I am a character, in a book."

Me:
"Yes"

Magi:
"Weirdly this isn't the weirdest thing that has happened this week"

Me:
"Yeah sorry about that"

Magi:
"Are you really though?"

Me: 
"Not really. It's kind of amusing"

Magi:
"Amusing because you're an outsider, but whether or not I am a character in a novel, those events are real to me. Therefore, it's not as amusing to me."

Me:
"Yeah, sorry about all the trauma I gave you too"

Magi:
"I will reiterate if you were sorry, you wouldn't have written in that way"

[yep I am being accosted by my own character right now]

--------------------------------

Trista:
"What the [redacted curse word] do you mean I am a character!"

Me:
"Yeah...uh-

Trista:
"No yeah Uh. You bastard. I had it good. I was on top of the [redacted curse world] and you robbed that way of me. Tell me how you're going to make it up to me"

Me:
"I mean I did write you a pretty sweet romance subplot"

Trista:
"[Insert F word here] you" 

I ended up writing a 730 long encounter with my MC in [White Room]. I'm not sure if I can share the entire version as it'll most certainly end up being too big. But the TLDR is this. 

Quote:“If- if you are the god. Then tell me. Will it be worth it? All the pain? All the agony, the effort the trauma? So much suffering? W-will I win? Will we win? How does it end? What’s the meaning behind all of it” 

I looked at my creation, slowly drifting down onto the white non physical ground as I stood eye level to her. Jennifer was shorter than me, but not by much. I smiled, a sad forlorn smile. 

“I wish I knew.”

She stopped, staring at me, then something shifted as she chuckled. A silent laugh that  slowly started to grow. 

“It fits. What was I expecting? I don’t know what else to say but. Thank you. Thank you for creating me. Thank you for letting me exist. I- it’s not been fun all this time. It hurt a lot. But I do not regret being alive. I cherish it. So thank you.”

Round 2 -

Lacie "Oh uh what!"

-Lacie spins around-

"I am created?"

Me: "Yep"

Lacie: So you wrote me?

Me: Yes

Lacie: How cool. Honestly that's so great. Wait, does that mean I am not real?

Me: Define real

Lacie: Oh no. Oh no this wasn't the rabbit hole I wanted to go down. I lived an entire life! And now - was any of it real? Are my memories real? Did you write those too?

Me: .....technically no, you tell me things about yourself 

Lacie: Oh. Fwoo. For a second there. -nervous laugh-

Me: Right. I am going to let you process that.

-------------

Iko: This is really the cherry on the shit sandwich isn't?

Me: ......

Iko: Please don't take that as criticism. But you know a woman can only take so much before she's completely broken. You know Interdimensional Space Gods, Ghost, Magical Artifacts. Other worlds. And now I am a fictional character. Real treasure of life I am living.

Me: Sorry

Iko: Don't apologize. Honestly it works for me in some retrospective. Means I don't have to do any of the work, you're the one pulling the strings

Me: Please don't boycott speaking with me. I sort of need you to tell me what you want to do.

Iko: So you're a benelovent "puppet master" Except for the fact that you murdered a lot of innocent people

Me:....uh yes now I am starting to feel guilty about that

i would run and hide from any hero i helped write
i'd be screwed the second that i came into their sight
"how come every victory was failure in disguise?!
how come i am always much to slow to realize?!"

maybe after venting for a while they'd understand
all the trials and tribulations suffered by my hand
hopefully i'd have a chance to let the hero know
one day they'll be compensated for their grief and woe

Dunno really. I did break his heart and get him beat up a few times. But I also threw tons of hot monster girls his way for fun new experiences. Like running into an entire tribe of nymphs in Book 2. If it were me...worth it. lol

Then again, he does lose an arm at one point. Though he gets it back. And makes new friends. But falls in love with a legendarily evil dark enchantress. That said, she's hot and smart and highly sexual. Although she does nearly murder him more than once and has giant spiders for pets. Tough call.

I always do interviews with my characters. So you could say that they meet me regularly. I do them before their story starts, though, for a reason. Very Happy
One of my characters gets visions from a giant slug god from time to time, so it wasn't that special when I apperead one night and did the interview. When he noticed that I was "just" the author, he told me to get off and let him sleep.

My two MC's - one male and one female - (being medieval Scots) would likely invite me to sit down at their table in the great hall at Kinloch Keep, a huge fire roaring in the hearth and a rack of venison sizzling on the spit. Around us would be an array of tillers, tanners and tale-tellers listening intently to every word that passed, all of them unsure who this bizarre old stranger was in their midst but willing to pay him the respect age engenders among highlanders. No doubt my MC's would pose questions like, "How did we (the MC's) evolve in your mind as the Blackgloom tale played out?" and "Why did you feel the need to include a long dead Pict in the vast panorama of a half million word series?" I would endeavor to answer their queries as best I could, not wanting to dwell too much on some of their more colorful escapades and transgressions - and there are a lot of those. Once the initial inquiries and bona fides had passed, a huge 3 stones pail of mead would be shared by all and somewhere in a dark corner, the rhythmic thumping of a tabor drum would enliven the whole scene. It would undoubtedly be a surreal setting, somewhere out there on the Royal Road.