Re: Just joined, so might as well say hellos.

So, the title explains it all. I’m Geck, someone who recently got into writing and has tried to write several things before abandoning them because he couldn’t figure out where to take the story. I’ve only completed one story, a short story assigned for me to write for a school assignment, which has no name but I think turned out decent. I try and go for horror elements, such as gory deaths and creepy writing, but sometimes I go for a calmer feel. I also know how to spin a depressing backstory so that’s something. While I can write sorta well, I can draw a lot better, and I’ll put my DeviantArt right here:
https://www.deviantart.com/geckart
Anyways, I hope to get to know everyone well and I hope you enjoy both my art and writing!

Welcome. Everyone starts somewhere, and as someone else who has abandoned a lot of fictions (thankfully most never got uploaded, otherwise I'd have a reputation 😅) my advice would be to have a very rough outline before you start, or at least an idea of where/what the end is. Doesn't matter if that changes as you write, but I find that stops me from trailing off aimlessly.

Many people have short story collections here. People tend to put them in the same fiction because each short helps the others get exposure on the recently updated list. And if you want feedback, organising some comment swaps is a good way to get it.

I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience when they're ready to share.

Welcome to Royal Road. I think posting your work here will help you be motivated to keep writing. Seems you have a clear understanding of what you want to write which is a great first step. Also be aware that it does take time for readers to find stories so don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of view right away. They'll come in time. Good luck with your writing adventure and I hope your stories attract many readers. Good luck.

I joined this site only a few days ago myself though I have had accounts on a few other story posting sites for years. I mostly do fanfiction. I have done my own work but that was mostly for school work and never ever got posted. Most of my work was before I ever posted any of it online so sadly over half of what I have done is lost forever.

So far I have only two stories going and one is a Naruto story I have on another site with light edits so it is mostly the same on both. The other is one of my few originals and it's only two chapters in so not much to see so far with that one.