Re: Just finished going over editing more of my rough draft:

Just went over editing more of the rough draft of my work, I hope people enjoy the edits I've been tirelessly been doing, I hope people enjoy the book so far as its not done and I will be writing some more of it once I reach chapter 10 after merging and whatever else needs to be done. I felt my story's beginning needed to be edited as people were not reading past a certain point so hopefully now its awesome. I hope to hear maybe some feedback on I think I got stuck in my favourite RPG

Runeificent Wrote: Just went over editing more of the rough draft of my work, I hope people enjoy the edits I've been tirelessly been doing, I hope people enjoy the book so far as its not done and I will be writing some more of it once I reach chapter 10 after merging and whatever else needs to be done. I felt my story's beginning needed to be edited as people were not reading past a certain point so hopefully now its awesome. I hope to hear maybe some feedback on I think I got stuck in my favourite RPG

To be fair, after the first chapter, there will be significant drop offs. This cannot be avoided. By the time they reach the end, the starting and ending line will be massively different. However, it is always good to revise your work and improve it. Since the next time around, you might be able to keep more along for the ride. ๐Ÿ•

Edge Wrote:
Runeificent Wrote: Just went over editing more of the rough draft of my work, I hope people enjoy the edits I've been tirelessly been doing, I hope people enjoy the book so far as its not done and I will be writing some more of it once I reach chapter 10 after merging and whatever else needs to be done. I felt my story's beginning needed to be edited as people were not reading past a certain point so hopefully now its awesome. I hope to hear maybe some feedback on I think I got stuck in my favourite RPG

To be fair, after the first chapter, there will be significant drop offs. This cannot be avoided. By the time they reach the end, the starting and ending line will be massively different. However, it is always good to revise your work and improve it. Since the next time around, you might be able to keep more along for the ride. ๐Ÿ•

Yes i agree that is why I went back I feel if earlier chapters are better more people will give it a go :p

Editing is a good habit to get into, and there's no shame in retroactive edits so don't worry on that front.
When I post my writing (of course, I wrote the entire manuscript before hand, so I'm not doing a fresh chapter each week) it's already been edited 6-7 times. Granted, I was shooting for traditional publication beforehand so it had to be edited that much. But I would say edit until you're comfortable. Revision will only make you a better writer, a more humble writer, and a more efficient writer.

(Also, if you want some unsolicited advice, I would recommend reading the chapter aloud as you edit it. It's wild how much more effective that is than the alternative.)

Zeepolian Wrote: Also, if you want some unsolicited advice, I would recommend reading the chapter aloud as you edit it. It's wild how much more effective that is than the alternative.)

Or use an audio reader. I try to read out loud, but well...always have been a bit of a weak reader. Donโ€™t get me wrong, I completely comprehend the words...itโ€™s just that saying them can cause problems. Been like that my entire life. ๐Ÿ˜

Anyway, an audio reader makes that easier. Since all one has to do is follow along, stop it when an error is found. Correct the mistake, then continue on. It makes a massive difference when you can hear the work being read out loud.