Re: Better Late Than Never

I've been a member for a while but I finally decided to get around to introducing myself. I like to read on the weird side of sci-fi and fantasy, so New Weird, Slipstream, and Bizarro Fic. I also like Hardboiled and Urban Fantasy. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, Tim Powers, and David Wong (among many others).

I mostly write stuff that can be broadly described as fantasy but doesn't use too many of the classic fantasy tropes. My current WIP is what you could call an Urban Fantasy.

Personality-wise I'm not the hero of the story, I am the hermit in the woods the hero goes to find to teach them stuff.

INTJ, 5w6, Ravenclaw...If any of that stuff matters.

I have a growing stack of unread books by my bed that will one day topple over and kill me. Glad to be apart of this community!

Hennold Wrote: I've been a member for a while but I finally decided to get around to introducing myself. I like to read on the weird side of sci-fi and fantasy, so New Weird, Slipstream, and Bizarro Fic. I also like Hardboiled and Urban Fantasy. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, Tim Powers, and David Wong (among many others).

I mostly write stuff that can be broadly described as fantasy but doesn't use too many of the classic fantasy tropes. My current WIP is what you could call an Urban Fantasy.

Personality-wise I'm not the hero of the story, I am the hermit in the woods the hero goes to find to teach them stuff.

INTJ, 5w6, Ravenclaw...If any of that stuff matters.

I have a growing stack of unread books by my bed that will one day topple over and kill me. Glad to be a part of this community!

Make sure to remind yourself to move those piles of books somewhere else. Imagine you peacefully sleeping then BAM! Your precious books fell right on top of you especially landing on your face. In the middle of the night!

Welcome to Royal Road. I think you've find a lot here you'll enjoy reading and it's not likely to topple over on you. Then again, if you're reading on a phone or tablet it would be theoretically possible to drop it on your head. I've always had a fondness for those secondary characters who dispense wisdom, advice, and knowledge. Unfortunately, too many heroes completely ignore them. Hope you enjoy being here and that your work attracts many readers. Good luck.

Oh, one more thing. Asparagus

Welcome to the forums.

Hennold Wrote: I have a growing stack of unread books by my bed that will one day topple over and kill me.

I sympathise and can relate. Though my stack is more figurative than literal, since most of it is online...

Anyways, hope you are doing well and that you enjoy your time here!