Re: Giving out [Free] reviews

NOTICE: WITH THE CURRENT BACKLOG, IT WILL TAKE UPWARDS OF 15 20 30 DAYS BEFORE I REACH ANY NEW STORIES. ALL STORIES ARE STILL ACCEPTED, HOWEVER.

I am in need of content to read, but I also want to contribute in some way. Therefore, I will now start a career of writing reviews for small stories.

Do you want a review? Just reply to this thread with a link to your story and a general summary. Please give the genre as well.  I personally would prefer sci-fi, but I am honestly fine with anything that's offered.

I'll read 5 to 10 chapters before giving out a basic review. Maybe more if it catches my interest. Will likely make comments on each chapter read.
tschüss

[Reviewed]
Descent
Cry Wolfe
Queenscage
ATL: Stories from the Retrofuture
Restoration(Book 1)
Syche: The Dark Element
The Cursed Heart
VIEWPOINT-BLOOM

[Currently reviewing]
Seeker of the Lost

[Backlog]
Amie, Android
Dots
For Irision
Thick as Thieves
BR: Collection of Short Stories
Tamashī Tensei
A Wheel Inside a Wheel
The Knights Himura
Unhallowed
Dragons Dilemma
Until the Wayfarer Utters Words
That time a War Photographer was reincarnated as a Slime
The Last Philosopher
Erden: Tale of a Land Forgotten
The Last Primordials
Drunks & Fanatics
Centris
MIND 『Transium Collection - Book 0』
The Runners of Westal
Ragna: A young girl's failure to become a hero
The Saga of The Prey
Keeping Close
Sunset After Sunset
I Shouldn't Have Opened That Door
RETURN, A Dark Lord story.
Retribution Engine
The Courting of Life and Death
The Beast and The Swallow
EXIT POINT
Ascension: The Coming Storm
Automage Adventures - A LitRPG Story
God, stop following me!
Starsnatcher
Caninstinct

DrBuller Wrote: I am in need of content to read, but I also want to contribute in some way. Therefore, I will now start a career of writing reviews for small stories.

Do you want a review? Just reply to this thread with a link to your story and a general summary. Please give the genre as well.  I personally would prefer sci-fi, but I am honestly fine with anything that's offered.

I'll read 5 to 10 chapters before giving out a basic review. Maybe more if it catches my interest. Will likely make comments on each chapter read.
tschüss

[Reviewed]
Descent

[Currently reviewing]
Cry Wolfe

[Backlog]
Queenscage
ATL: Stories from the Retrofuture

Restoration(Book 1)

Summary:

Darkness ever so deep inside, hatred forever staining the soul. Power being but a double edged sword. Maybe it can do good as well as causing great destruction. A once mighty being, two halves once whole. One of innocence, the other of malice. Both being a reflection of one ever so high. That being binding to the weaker half, under the identity of Cyra.

Infinite in sins they are, embracing those imperfections and selfish desires. Clashing against those endless emotions, memories tormenting but ever so pleasureful. Maybe in the deepest of despair, there can be solace. Even if one is to forever travel in the harshest of sorrow, it is never truly hopeless. That being trying to right the wrong that has been done. No matter the morrow ahead, perseverance relentlessly protruding. Will Cyra succeed? Or will her enemies?

"My other half...when will you cease this pointless resistance, and join me to become whole once again?"

"Even if I must fight for an eternity, then so be it, to reclaim those pleasureful times..."

"I will no longer live in your shadow Maria!"

A fierce battle now reflecting into reality. A being from the deepest of abyss awakening once again, bringing demise in the wake of their despair. What is hiding away in the deepest reaches of the past? Why are both halves ever so conflicted? All of this may be answered.

Genre: Fantasy

Specifically: High Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Dark Fantasy

—> It is more of a literary style I suppose you can say. 

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33997/restorationbook-1

Sure why not. Mine is fantasy which makes it a close brother to sci-fi 

Story: Syche, The Dark Element

Description:    
     In a modern world where the four elements (no, not those elements; don't stop reading yet) are controlled by the select few born with the gift, seventeen-year-old Joshua Rasgard is horribly, painfully normal. And that’s not changing. No really. He survives by his wit and acute knowledge of how adventures should go, unlike his younger brother Kael who would rather disintegrate his problems to ash.
     Together, they're on a globe spanning treasure hunt that is about to take a dark turn. While hunting for clues, Joshua decides to rescue an ex-superpowered-assassin named Gianna. Doing so puts a target on all of their backs and thrusts them into a global conflict not unrelated to the treasure hunt.

The one thing Joshua knows is that he is out of his element.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/38002/syche-the-dark-element

Hm... How about mine?

Viewpoint-Bloom is the story of a blind girl, Chitra, who enters a VR game in hopes of gaining her sight. She takes on the persona of Bloom, hoping to explore the world with her eyes and generally having some fun, but instead, she immediately involves herself in a whirlpool of events that escalate further, and the deeper she dives into the world of the game, something seems out of place. Her reality and her game life start affecting each other in ways she could've never anticipated...

Disclaimer: Just FYI, it's not a 'trapped in a VR' setting...

Link in the signature...

This is such a kind offer! I'd like you to take a look at my book if this kind of story strikes your fancy. My story is a fantasy adventure with mystery and some slowburn romance later on.

Summary:

Six months ago, Lianne and Amra were simply girls from a village, inseparable childhood friends. Today, they are two young women on a journey: not for adventure, but to find a normal life.

After attempting forbidden magic, Lianne lost a part of herself. Now there is a growing darkness within her, something she can't control -- but which sometimes controls her.

They are soon thrust into a web of secrets and alliances. Lianne's only hope for a cure is to find a place everyone seems to know, but no one can remember. The mysterious town of Clandmere, shrouded in magic, said to be impenetrable except to evil. A place where the Shadows go.

A place Lianne needs to go before she is swallowed by the darkness.

Link in signature! Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks <3 Have a great day!

While you’re free to choose from either my two stories, I expect you to favor my secondary fiction, a sci-fi slice of life that follows an android MC. I use a neural network to write the android’s dialogue, and the results often surprise me. For a five to ten chapter read, I recommend starting with the second arc—it’ll give you more bang for your buck, so to speak. Here’s the link:  Chapter 2-1: Simulation - Amie, Android | Royal Road

Well well! My brother of another duck lover. How nice of you to offer! 

If you'd like to read something light and easy that is a SciFi Fantasy, I would hope you'd find my story called DOTS worthy of purviewing. It technically is seven books. each one an Original English Light Novel. Each Book is about 25,000 words and more or less is able to stand on merits of its own, although of course they do build off one another. 

I'm currently working on The Book of ABSTINENCE, but you can start on any Book, including the first one, called The Book of LIBERALITY. To access any particular Book, simply click on the name of that book in my signature. The link there will then take you to that Book's opening Prologue chapter. 

And here is a general summary of the entire DOTS series:

In the Age of Enlightenment. Mankind discovers Genius. With two simple tests, not only can a person find out if they are a Genius, but they also will be told what they're a Genius at. Sometimes though, the second test can't determine the Genius skill at which a person excels. These people are called Dots. Through no fault of their own, Dots are scorned and ridiculed. 

Hank is one such loser Dot, others disagree. They think he's their Savior and the Enlightenment will be led by him. Hank just wants a girlfriend. He's been waiting six long years to gather up the courage to ask Anna on a date.

It's about time Hank got his way. Read DOTS and see Hank use his Genius to somehow Save the World.

Sort of. ❤🦆😸🐰❤

Hello! I'd love for you to have a look at my novel For Irision, it's a YA sci-fi, space opera:

Labeled as both traitors and heroes, Aries and her Space Corps trainee crew try to reestablish their lives after being imprisoned by the Council after disregarding their orders and trying to rescue the inhabitants of a doomed planet. 

If you're still looking for stories to read once you get through the list then I'd also love for you to check out my other book Thick as Thieves but that is a YA fantasy novel:

When Darcy becomes a thief for a crooked pawnshop owner who has the power to save her sister, she's thrown into a world of magic, mystery and romance. Once it's discovered that she herself can wield magic, Darcy and her sister are uprooted from their home and brought to the Palace to train. There, they must learn to control their new powers if they wish to stay safe in this unfamiliar realm. However, when Darcy teams up with a boy struggling to overcome his cursed past, she must decide what she is willing to fight for.

Might as well pitch in my own web novel!

Tamashī Tensei is a sci-fi fantasy space opera set in a universe of magic.
With a slow start and a main cast consisting of three teenage geniuses, they try to scientifically prove the existence of magic with flawed physics and travel to CERN to probe signs of new physics. But before they even begin their scientific endeavors, they transmigrate to another universe of magic where interstellar travel is the norm, entire kingdoms are the size of millions of superclusters with entirely new laws of physics to accommodate for the existence of magic.

The story currently has 15 chapters + a prologue and a word count of 88,500 words.
If you ever come around, I hope you enjoy.
DrakanAmused