Re: Pitch me your stories!

Hello! I’m new around here and am looking for something to read on this site, so I’m looking for suggestions! I’m open to pretty much anything, but tend to enjoy fantasy, adventure, mystery, and horror the most. I am NOT interested in litRPGs, poetry, short story compilations, or fanfiction. So with that in mind, throw me some suggestions! If you could provide a quick summary of your stories along with the link that’d be most appreciated. Thanks! :)

Well, it's fantasy, and also has some very odd adventure in it, but the chief descriptor I hear thrown around is weird - less Brandon Sanderson than a more sentence-dense Jeff VanderMeer with a little bit too much caffeine or cold medicine or something.
In short, a nice farmer - let's call her Fuzzygator - gets introduced to a guy somewhere between Clark (as in Lewis and --), a YouTuber, and a wizard - let's call him Numb Guy - after she and all her people and all her planet are kidnapped and puzzle-pieced into a city where the word "unusual" doesn't belong. Due to their suddenly changing life circumstances, they're both forced to make some really drastic adjustments to their future plans. Those adjustments involve odd sci-fi, philosophy, ruminations on the nature of existence, birds, and lots and lots of knives.
This is definitely not for everybody, and if you drop it post haste, that's A-okay.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29175/revenant-faith-and-foreign-pilgrimage

Mine is fantasy with cultivation elements if that's your thing. It's sort of a coming of age story, except the MC has a troubled past and isn't that innocent at the start :) I just joined recently too so the book is still quite short at the moment, but my plan is for the first half of the book to focus on academy life (name of the wind style) and the second half on war and politics (GOT style, though not as much adult content). Check it out if you are interested and any feedback is welcome!  https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/43331/rise-of-the-godslayer

Mine is a Xianxia/Fantasy story that combines elements of Chinese and Western fiction (for example it has Dwarves and a European inspired region in the fantasy continent, though emphasis is placed on Chinese inspired elements). It is somewhat fast moving (at least in the beginning) and it is a new story with only 4 chapters though. Also, it is written third person omnipotence. Mentioning this because some people prefer third person limited or first person. 

For plot: it concerns a young man who after the wrongful death of his family is sent to a Martial Order in order to master swordsmanship and get justice for his parents. However things become complicated when he is tasked with recovering a long-lost magical object that has resurfaced, the Flaming Medallion. Without giving away too many spoilers, storyline is somewhat closer to LOTR and Western fiction rather than your typical cultivation novel. 

You can find my story in my signature. :)

Well, alright, since you asked...

My 3-book series that I'm posting as a single fiction here is Fantasy flavored with a wild west setting, steampunk-like technology, enough romance to draw you in, horror to keep you hooked, and just enough sex to keep things spicy.

My main character, Llew, can come back from death... but she must kill to do so.

One nation wants her dead, another wants her to be the mother of its next generation of soldiers, and one man wants her blood.

And then there's Jonas: the man with the unique ability--and carrying the knife with the power--to kill her permanently. Luckily, he doesn't know what she is when they first meet, and he might just like her enough not to stick the knife in her when he finds out...

Since you asked.

First Contact is a story of an interstellar war that wracks the Orion-Cygnus Galactic Arm Spur, between ancient civilizations and a half-feral humanity and their allies. With multiple fronts, multiple viewpoints, and multiple MC's, it spans over 500 chapters and 1.6 million words so far, and is updated three to seven times a week.

Link in my sig.

I wrote an isekai about a rock. That's it.

This is definitely not a martial arts crackpot mixed in with some science fantasy bullshit, but I should implore you to go check it out. Updates daily until the first book/chapter is done, then I'll hafta slow down a bit.

I didn't steal from Journey to the West either, because that would be silly.

Hey Toastbuster; welcome! I feel like my book will have some sort of appeal to you—as a warning, I do label it as a litRPG, but is honestly hardly that at all; most chapters don’t even have those elements present haha. It’s much more story-based, with the occasional box of stats and stuff thrown in—but the device that gives that stat info actually serves a different purpose later, lol. It’s very much contemporary/urban fantasy with action, adventure, mystery, and some horrific elements/writing, especially more down the line.

My story is about a witch named Jacinta, who lives in an alternate, magical NYC. She’s struggling—magic is becoming increasingly unstable; (city rats are becoming massive, for example—the size of big dogs), magic and supernaturals are being cracked down on as the government becomes more authoritarian; and generally she’s just having really bad luck. And also sort of accidentally killed her grandma. 

Supernaturals are being captured by another entity altogether; when Jacinta’s sister is taken, she tries to find out what happened—and stumbles into a conspiracy of endless worlds, rebirth, and a group that’s trying to take it all for themselves. Jacinta might lose herself, but if it means saving her sister, she’ll do it. [Magic, Re- Incarnate]

I hope you find some cool stories! :) 
(Edited for spacing lol)

Are you searching a contemporary mystery drama series which would make you sit at the back of your peaceful sofa seat, with a kitten on your lap, a hot cup of coffee on one hand and reading a novel on your phone in another hand, enjoying one of the best mystery webnovel out there? Well, I guess you've hit the right spot! I, the writer of 'Wake Up Dead', tries to dive you in the world of Kartik Khandelwal where a group of murderers named 'The Suiciders' are creating a chaos in the heart of India, Delhi, with repetitive attempts to murder famous politicians and other important figures and take over the whole administration. Will Kartik, with his 'The Suiciders Defence Group', be able to save the city?

Here's the first chapter:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42725/wake-up-dead/chapter/691264/chapter-01-the-primary-suicide

Toastbuster Wrote: Hello! I’m new around here and am looking for something to read on this site, so I’m looking for suggestions! I’m open to pretty much anything, but tend to enjoy fantasy, adventure, mystery, and horror the most. I am NOT interested in litRPGs, poetry, short story compilations, or fanfiction. So with that in mind, throw me some suggestions! If you could provide a quick summary of your stories along with the link that’d be most appreciated. Thanks! :)
Hmm. You said Short Story Compilation, so I'd assume Short Story is fair game.

Cry Wolfe is one where you'd find a man lost in two identities. It explores a bit about morals and, of course, the fantasy aspect of there being a werewolf, so give it a try. Not that I didn't have it go through multiple editing hells over the years.

Meanwhile, there is Descent, my current project, exploring the plight of a pair of twins after they were forced to run. From what, I would not spoil, but for now, I plan to move it more towards a dark sort of tone, so if you're interested, do take a read.

Other than those two, all my other dribbles and series are on other sites or are simply shit, so that's all. :p

Both works in the signature.

Toastbuster Wrote: Hello! I’m new around here and am looking for something to read on this site, so I’m looking for suggestions! I’m open to pretty much anything, but tend to enjoy fantasy, adventure, mystery, and horror the most. I am NOT interested in litRPGs, poetry, short story compilations, or fanfiction. So with that in mind, throw me some suggestions! If you could provide a quick summary of your stories along with the link that’d be most appreciated. Thanks! :)
Hey! So my novel has fantasy, grimdark, adventure, mystery, and gore tag. Pretty much everything you like, right?

Here is the synopsis though. 

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.discordapp.com%2Fattachments%2F8...%2Fwoods.jpg

He, who had forgotten his memory, whose very existence was unclear, woke up to see an unfamiliar hall filled with many people. 
From then on, with many surprises and adventures awaiting him, he had to experience an entirely new magical world. 
Overturning his disadvantages and overcoming many difficulties, he would try to get his answers... 
To try getting the salvation he truly wished for. 
But... destiny had something else planned for him.

Do comment and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.