Re: Epic Fantasy - LOTR style

I am looking for epic fantasy stories with wide scope and which are similar (in terms of style or scope of worldbuilding, not of story) to LOTR. They do not necessarily have to be in Western setting; I am alright with Eastern setting too. 

I would prefer stories that do not have have any stats/gaming system. Also my preference is for stories whose characters have some greater motivation than "becoming top fighter/swordsman/etch". Last but not least, my preference is for the story to not have harem. 

Re: Epic Fantasy - LOTR style

christos200 Wrote: I am looking for epic fantasy stories with wide scope and which are similar (in terms of style or scope of worldbuilding, not of story) to LOTR. They do not necessarily have to be in Western setting; I am alright with Eastern setting too.

I'll recommend Daybreak on Hyperion for you then. It's basically a epic fantasy that's written to explore on how magic would impact our own history, featuring politics and war across multiple nations which you can tell from its map.
And like LOTR it also starts off in a more laid-back beginning, with a main character that's lacking strength themselves but certainly not lacking character.