Re: Reverse Isekai

I'm sure I'm not the first to ever have this idea but I was thinking it would by interesting to read a book about a typical fantasy/xianxia character pulled to Earth instead of going the other way. I think with a system of some kind or without both would be engrossing. Anyway just a thought I had. Have a pleasant Memorial Weekend

batotit Wrote: The problem is finding an interesting enough enemy for your obviously OP protagonist. It might be funny to lord it over a few fodders for the first scene or two but it gets old quickly.

What problem? Obviously, this isn't the only person sent to Earth, and the new guy was chosen by wagon-kun to defeat the Evil Overlord who is even now taking over a major city in a certain country.

No, the real problem is that all his abilities reset, and now he has to start over. Hey, now. What's this "9mm" skill? 

batotit Wrote: The problem is finding an interesting enough enemy for your obviously OP protagonist. It might be funny to lord it over a few fodders for the first scene or two but it gets old quickly.

That's a problem only if your protagonist is really OP and/or you want to write/read mainly about fighting.
"The devil is a part timer" and "Hinamatsuri" have only a few serious fights and the story could easily work without or around them.

You still have as much freedom in fantasy/sci-fi elements as a normal isekai, just in reverse.

Yeah there is a netflix serie where humanity has to isekai past soldiers to fight against aliens. (which is a bit ridiculous as a scenario, if we can manipulate time that much how come we need WW2 vets to fight against aliens? ^^)

Manga wise there was a manga with a magic knight getting isekaied on a japanese farm. It ends up as a strange slice of life with her falling in love with the local farmer and the governement just fine with her using magic. (she can throw fireballs) 
https://mangakakalot.com/read-la1zq158504859499

Mai Wrote: Man, I really need to check out Devil is a Part Timer. I have always wanted to see more "reverse" isekai but haven't actually bothered with that particular series.

But yes, I vote to see more magical folks getting transported to mundane Earth and seeing what unfolds from there.

Devil is a Part Timer is great. Satan really loves mc donol- I mean MgRonalds.

It depends on what direction you want to take. Fantasy creature coming to the modern world to do slice of life stuff isn't really that rare. There's stuff out there like Dragon Maid and Plus Sized Elf. But if you want to make it an action/adventure story, you'd probably have to get a lot more creative. Personally, I think it would be more interesting to see something like a max agility/dexterity rogue coming to the modern world to be a world champion gymnast, or a bard starting a rock band/idol group. 

Even then, it would be zero challenge stories. 

Who could compete with a max agi rogue or against the bards powers? 

Grand scale could be interesting: like a whole fantasy continent appearing on Earth, with all its creatures and kingdoms. But also all its oil and natural ressources, leading to conflict with the American imperialism. Modern army vs magical kingdoms, on Earth. ^^

Maybe for my next story. ^^