Re: [CLOSED: FREE] Offering Feedback to New Authors

I am new here; I'm still navigating and experimenting with other tabs and functions on this site. I have no current works here in RR since I'm still waiting for confirmation, but I'm willing to give feedback to some newbie authors to help them. I'm willing to tell you my first impression of the story and other nitpicks I'll see as I read through the first chapter. If I happen to love your book, though, I might read more than one chapter. Just a disclaimer though, I am not a professional critic nor have any work related to giving reviews and the like. English is also not my first language, nor am I an intermediate speaker. Nevertheless, I would be glad to tell you and share my thoughts as a reader. I prefer to read fiction rather than fanfictions. So, if you're okay with the above, please give me the link to the first chapter of your book you want me to give feedback on.

Re: [OPEN: FREE] Offering Feedback to New Authors

A couple of months is okay; as long as you're not an established and/or published author with Best Selling in your CVs. I'll take a look at your work while I'm waiting for confirmation about my work :) It's titled TALIPANDAS, and I'm excited to post it here. It's already posted on another site, and I kinda messed up when I submitted a form because it was rejected, but I replied on that same email and did what they just told me to do. Hopefully, it gets approved now. 
Questions. What's +Rep? It says reputation, but how does that work? What do I put in that 180-character-box? Also, is the tagging here disabled? I tried, but there's no "dragged" or list of "@x".

Manyana Wrote: A couple of months is okay; as long as you're not an established and/or published author with Best Selling in your CVs. I'll take a look at your work while I'm waiting for confirmation about my work :) It's titled TALIPANDAS, and I'm excited to post it here. It's already posted on another site, and I kinda messed up when I submitted a form because it was rejected, but I replied on that same email and did what they just told me to do. Hopefully, it gets approved now. 
Questions. What's +Rep? It says reputation, but how does that work? What do I put in that 180-character-box? Also, is the tagging here disabled? I tried, but there's no "dragged" or list of "@x".

Awesome! Nope, I’m completely new to writing! 

Oh awesome, where else are you published? I write on Inkitt and Wattpad too! RR is better though!

Have a look through the guides bit on the forum because they explain it better but it’s basically like saying thank you to someone for replying or saying something helpful but there’s a limit to how much you can give each day! The more you level up, the more rep you can give! You don’t really need to say anything unless you want to! If it’s something particularly good or that I want to comment on I’ll say something but if not, I’ll leave it blank! 

As far as I am aware, tagging is not a thing here which is why you gotta make sure you turn on notifications for each post you care about!

I would like to share my work "Steaming City of The Holy Inquisition". https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42248/steaming-city-of-the-holy-inquisition This is an experimental book. In the book, I focused on the dialogues and less on the descriptions. At the very beginning, as for me, I went over the number of dialogues, but later, I corrected the error.
This is a work in the genre of steampunk, comedy, drama with elements of magic and fantasy. It might be interesting.

I also, like you, are not a native English speaker, so I think that it will be easy for you to read, I did not specifically look for complex words and phrases, besides, my level is far from ideal.

Hi, guys! I'm closing this thread for now. I'll comment on your novels, but please give me some time, there's a couple of books here, and I want to give well-constructed, and proofread feedback. I'll start from top to bottom. Thanks.

Edit: Apparently, you can't change the Topic's title, which wasn't the case for my other-- anyway, yeah, I'll keep that in mind for my succeeding posts... and another yeah, closed.