Re: Are You Looking for Unique Cover Art?!

I'm offering somewhat less than orthodox cover art. (But it's FREE! In case that wasn't clear.) If so inspired by your request, I will use various mediums of my own choosing to create a piece of art to photograph and turn into cover art. To date, I've used acrylic paint, cosmic glue (yes, that's a thing apparently), glass, mirrors, scrapbook paper, colored pencils, blending markers, sharpies, and crayons!! 

If you'd like an idea of the type of stuff I have done, this is where I'm posting completed art for all you peeps on Royal Road: Cover Art.

Hello! I'm looking for a cover for the sequel to For Irision! It won't be displayed on this site (apart from on the first page of the book) because I'm continuing in the same book but I'll be posting it to Wattpad and Inkitt! The sequel currently isn't on either site because I have no artistic ability and gave been putting it off! 

It's a YA space opera! Let me know if it sounds like the kind of think you'd want to do :)

I don't have a cover at all for my book yet, and lack all artistic ability. While I just started writing a few days ago, I do plan on writing out my entire story until the end. It's called Soul Circuit, a gritty and dark story of both revenge and family. It takes place in the Astus Empire, which takes the name of the continent it dominates. The people of Astus that possess noble blood have the ability to summon weapons forged from the energy produced by life. These weapons are called Circuits, and are used to hunt "Demons" which are animals that have been mutated into combat-oriented versions of themselves by a magical diet. In this world magic has been sealed underground, causing it to manifest in solid crystals and enrich plant life on the surface with magical properties. Aike is the "main" character, a young boy who's older sister, Claire, is killed by Astus's Empress, Tyrsyss Amon. Soul circuit is about Aike and his group's journey across the Astus Empire to kill Tyrsyss's Elite Guard one by one and eventually take out Tyrsyss herself. I've been worldbuilding and planning out this story since the summer of 2019, and I plan on writing it to the finish no matter what. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just really really passionate about this idea, and I'm absolutely going to make it as good as I possibly can.

Yes, pleasy please. I'm new in writing, seeing those who have cover really made me jealous, and I don't think it's a good idea for me to use Microsoft Word Art in desperation. I actually like your art style and that mighty dragon, well, mines were Elves (you know those tall, slim, pointy ears and gorgeous beings). I'm thinking of a face of an Elf with a dark background on it, the Elf has pale skin, obsidian eyes, and ash grey hair. Only do it in your spare time no need to rush, thank you so much in advance.

Lmarief Wrote:
Hykrel Wrote: Yes, pleasy please. I'm new in writing, seeing those who have cover really made me jealous, and I don't think it's a good idea for me to use Microsoft Word Art in desperation.  I actually like your art style and that mighty dragon, well, mines were Elves (you know those tall, slim, pointy ears and gorgeous beings). I'm thinking of a face of an Elf with a dark background on it, the Elf has pale skin, obsidian eyes, and ash grey hair. Only do it in your spare time no need to rush, thank you so much in advance.

Follow up questions about this elf you're envisioning.

Male or female?
Graceful or angular?
Fierce or gentle?
Old or young?
Any clothing details you want to expound upon?

A male child with angelic features, looking all innocent and gentle, in a plain black cloak. If it's a whole body portrait, he was holding an elven lantern. The title was Pair of Madness, if you can make a pair of male and female child that'll be great, but one would suffice.

could you perhaps try to make a picture of one of my characters?

its not a cover request but I would like to show people a bit how thorn, the succubus and arbeus the forest demon look

thorn is a succubus with long black hair, pale scarred skin, two purple horns of which one is broken in half, she has huge leathery wings and has red eyes, she also wears armour

arbeus looks like a gigantic tree with bark for skin, leaves for a beard, huge horns, claws and a tail, he also has eyes that seem to burn with green fire

Lmarief Wrote:
Hykrel Wrote: A male child with angelic features, looking all innocent and gentle, in a plain black cloak. If it's a whole body portrait, he was holding an elven lantern. The title was Pair of Madness, if you can make a pair of male and female child that'll be great, but one would suffice.

I'll see what I come up with. It might take some time though.

Alright.... here's what I came up with:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LMw8IQ3gTgOTyO-4-gMIYpaRAlZeMUG9/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LNQTd5T1n0jh-Vl_ogqLP4NMIknoMziI/view?usp=drivesdk

The cover I want is pretty simple A large gore-covered greatsword stabbed into a modern street, cracks in the pavement, maybe a car in the background, think normal, lived in, a modern urban area, except for the giant sword of course.

the book has a modern setting but there is this concept of invaders (think system holders, or players from the infinity/worldhopper genres) aaaaanyway the protag of my book is set in a world where these system holders pop up and complete missions by possessing the bodies of people and using them with all the system goodness of gamelit

slight problem though the bodies of people can withstand all the damage that comes with those system granted stats and the system is basically holding their bodies together like glue

invaders got super strength, enjoy the ripped muscles, shattered bones, and punctured organs that come from using forces a normal human body is incapable of handling

obviously, all that info is kept under wraps though otherwise mass panic would ensue

I would like to know if you could do a cover for me.  I got a backup cover just in case so its not like its necessary but I would like someone with actual artistic talent, unlike myself, to do a cover for me if its not any trouble.  

Basically the idea for the cover I have in mind is a faraway POV of a tower that is narrow at the base, but expands outward to a bulbous figure like a lightbulb, then comes back in on itself to look just like the base.  The background and color of the tower can be anything you so desire since its not like the outside of the tower matters much.  There are also no doors or windows so it's practically one solid form. 

Again just asking if it is possible.  If it isn't free I'll try my best to pay you and I would just like an actual cover that isn't trash made by me.