Re: What do you prefer more in the fantasy? A fast-moving plot with a lot of action or a slow story with worl (...)

I'm more traditional where I prefer a slow-starting story where everything takes it's time to be introduced. This means the characters, the world, and the magic system(s) (if there is magic of course) are all given the time they need to breathe. Then the Problem is presented, and the story begins to accelerate from there. An excellent example of this in action would be Eye of the World or even Ranger's Apprentice.

Re: What do you prefer more in the fantasy? A fast-moving plot with a lot of action or a slow story with worl (...)

That's an interesting question.  I prefer a faster pace, but I think there needs to be a balance between the two.  A story that is too fast can take away development, morals, etc (i.e. the stuff that really matters in the end), whereas a story that is too slow can bore the majority of readers.  I like to think of writing as a scale of fast and slow.  There's got to be a balance, or it won't feel right.

Sincerely, Wile

My fantasy palate is mainly Chinese TV dramas that go on way too long, but I actually prefer the slower ones. It needs some action, but I'd rather it not be the focus of the story. I'm also a big fan of the demon clans in these dramas because they're usually cartoonishly evil, but in the case of 10k of Peach Blossoms I was yelling at my TV because I foolishly thought the writers would actually allow Yang Mi to get with the ghost king he was so in love with her and it almost worked >:( 

I'm getting distracted - yes, character and world building are most important for me because if I don't care about the characters then it doesn't really matter how good the rest of the story is - I will not root for someone just because they are the heroes, even less if them fighting for what's good or right is their entire personality.

I reject the given dichotomy. I prefer a fast paced plot, with plenty of worldbuilding(not too much though) and little action. In fact, for me the action is much more often the things that holds up the plot, than worldbuilding is. 

And sure, there are some novels with pages and pages of worldbuilding, which can get very tedious. The problem with worldbuilding is mostly however how it's written and where it's placed in the novel. You can put a single chapter's worth of worldbuilding in a single chapter, or you can spread it over ten chapters. It's the same amount of worldbuilding, though the first option tends to be much more tedious. And obvious it's much more complicated than that and there are many more facets to it. I however see quite a few authors that seems to have trouble with this.

Action on the other hand is often overdone. It's something that tends to be very predictable and gets boring fairly quickly. Moreover, there are quite a few authors with fights every other chapter, or fights that last for ten+ chapters non-stop. And while I still like some of these novels, I tend to skim/skip all those fights. It's just not very interesting -- especially when someone is writing a strong/overpowered protagonist. Your fight scene can be masterfully crafted, but if the outcome is predictable, it will still be boring to me. 
I like stories about strong/overpowered protagonist, those stories should however not be about the fighting. The fighting should be a means to something more(tensions, character development, plot progression ,...), not a goal.

To me the ideal would be a mix of the two. Having just pure action can get just as monotonous and boring as having just longwinded chapters of world building. In the end it depends on the story you want to tell. Some do better with fast paced action and others need a lot of context. The best would be to intertwine both and drop here and there hints to the world building in the action and connect everything in the downtime between action scenes.