Re: Hey guys! :D

The names Heather.  peohello  

I'm new to Royal Road and I've posted 3 chapters so far. No reviews yet (fingers crossed). My book is a Science Fantasy. Action and Romance included. It's the first book of a series, and I hope to one day publish it traditionally. Any feedback is always welcomed! 

One question: I read on the FAQ that daily updates help when posting a new book for exposure? Is this true?? For how long should a writer do this?? My book is already completed offline, so posting every day doesn't bother me.

Welcome! Regarding daily updates, it's really about getting up on the front page under the 'Latest Updates' section, which serves as free advertising for your story. However it also helps your readers connect to your story as you have something to lure them back to you every day. As for how long you should do it, well that's up to you and your story. Some people only do it for a few chapters, until the ball gets rolling. Other writers do daily updates forever. Go with whatever pace you think is personally manageable DrakanMelt

Thanks for the help!  peolove

I'll be checking the latest update page frequently! Like a hawk. There's just so much to learn LOL.

I guess my second biggest concern is my book dropping off the radar if I continue a daily update. I've only got 40 chapters so that will run out fast. Or do completed books get more exposure here? 

Welcome. I've seen some people say drop a chapter a day for the first week, then slow it down to a couple a week. That gets people hooked whilst also prolonging the time you'll appear on the recently updated list. I posted twice a week, one in an early time slot one in a late, but my fiction is small (but I'm happy with how it did) so I don't know how sound this advice actually is.

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Welcome to Royal Road!

Not sure that completed stories get any especial attention. At least not when it comes to web fiction. Recently a writer with a completed story has joined RR and his story has done quite well. You can check it out at this link (https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41434/immortalityupload-litrpg-athanasia-book-1) and get an idea of how he frequently he uploaded, but please note it has almost twice as many chapters as yours. 

Anyways, hope you are doing well and that you enjoy your time here!

Cinn Wrote: Welcome. I've seen some people say drop a chapter a day for the first week, then slow it down to a couple a week. That gets people hooked whilst also prolonging the time you'll appear on the recently updated list. I posted twice a week, one in an early time slot one in a late, but my fiction is small (but I'm happy with how it did) so I don't know how sound this advice actually is.

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Thanks for responding! I think I'm also leaning towards slowing down my updates after the 1st week. Maybe 2-3 times a week. I'm partial to Wednesday and Friday updates. Are there certain days when people read on here over others? I guess I'm thinking the middle of the week and end of the week might catch those who are tired and just want to read and rest LOL.

AlexaLee Wrote: Welcome to RR! Daily updates absolutely do help if you have the first book completed but if I were you I'd do daily updates for the first week or two then post less often!

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards 1 week daily than posting a few chapters a week. Just sounds better than running out in a month LOL.

gej302 Wrote: Almost all the important stuff is covered, but you have no ℝ𝕖𝕡-𝕠𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕠™!  The horror!  Or even the sci-fantasy!
Here's one for you. 
DrakanPotato

LOL thanks!  PeoloveU

hcwilhelm Wrote: Are there certain days when people read on here over others? I guess I'm thinking the middle of the week and end of the week might catch those who are tired and just want to read and rest LOL.

I have no idea if I'm honest. I went with Tuesdays and Thursdays but I think that was more based on the day I happened to upload more than any rational thought. 😅

Hello there! Welcome to the RR madhouse! As for your question, since you've already have it completed offline, I suggest posting one chapter a day for maybe a week, and then easing off the gas pedal and posting it regularly on a lighter schedule thereafter. But that's just my opinion.