Re: Writers, where's your spot?

I was reading some articles a while before I joined the site, and they said how most popular writers have a spot.  In other words, they have a special area just for them where they write.  Right now, the most special area I've got is my desk, but I used to write in the cafeteria of the more opulent of two college campuses I go to.  Where I want to go is a nature park that's a little ways away from my house, as it is a truly inspiring place.  So writers, what's your spot?  Is it the spot you want, or like mine an improvised one?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sincerely, Wile

My trusty pc. Busted a hundred times, sabotaged by ants it may be, but it's been with me through thick and thin for more than ten years and will continue to do so until the demon lord is summoned in my basement and sets out to destroy the world for good...

It's a greater friend, spouse, helper than any real person could ever be, even though not an inch of its original parts from ten years ago remains now...

The garage was renovated for my brother's music stuff, but since he's now got an entire living room for his shit now I get a nice,  cozy,  freezing cold garage to sit in and do my work.  At least it's soundproof.  And honestly,  the cold braces my brain.

I write on my laptop at home or on my phone during commutes. The phone stuff is almost always worse than I initially believe it to be,  but it's great for prompting a long sit down session. 

I've spent the last year creating a writing corner in my home with a desk and computer set up with my favorite decorations, a comfy chair, a huge monitor, and a good computer. I also like to take my fountain pens and notebook out into the wild and write in parks, especially near water. Before lockdowns, I would spend a few hours a week writing in a coffee shop because it was the only place I could really escape my family for some quality writing time and I needed that 'alone' time where I could be author me and not mom or wife.

I have a desktop PC where I used to do all my writing, but two years ago I bought a Chromebook tablet. I still use the desktop PC for most stuff, but I write and surf on the Chromebook. I also have two Nook readers and a buttload of Android tablets, but honestly, this Chromebook is the best.

Now I can write anywhere where my butt is. Like right now! ❤🦆😸🐰❤

I write on my laptop, but, as for where, it varies. During the colder months (which, being in Michigan, is far longer than it should be), I'm in the small family room at the back of the house where we have our wood stove, but, during the summer, I'm usually in the main living room at the front of the house. Sometimes on the weekend I take my laptop up to my room though and write in bed.